⚠ Known Issue: Media on User Profiles ×

LOOT and Skyrim remastered

JoeB1961

Current stable LOOT (v0.9.2) from the main download page does not recognise SE you need to install one of the current test builds from here - https://bintray.com/wrinklyninja/loot/LOOT#files <-- this link via the links on the LOOT forum thread.

loot_0.9.2-144 is the latest, it will recognise SE

You can have more than one LOOT installed as you just create new folders using the LOOT version number and run whatever one you want. I keep 0.9.2 in the original Skyrim folder and 0.9.2-144 in the SE folder. Doesn't matter really but I do that just for housekeeping.

Thanks for the info :smile: But let's pretend I don't know what I'm doing >.> I downloaded LOOT, then I download "loot_0.9.2-144" (now 145 is available) do I download the "dev.7z" or the "dev.tar.xz" or both? And where do I put those files to update the LOOT program?

Edited by IronMonkey917

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Current stable LOOT (v0.9.2) from the main download page does not recognise SE you need to install one of the current test builds from here - https://bintray.com/wrinklyninja/loot/LOOT#files <-- this link via the links on the LOOT forum thread.

loot_0.9.2-144 is the latest, it will recognise SE

You can have more than one LOOT installed as you just create new folders using the LOOT version number and run whatever one you want. I keep 0.9.2 in the original Skyrim folder and 0.9.2-144 in the SE folder. Doesn't matter really but I do that just for housekeeping.

Thanks for the info :smile: But let's pretend I don't know what I'm doing >.> I downloaded LOOT, then I download "loot_0.9.2-144" (now 145 is available) do I download the "dev.7z" or the "dev.tar.xz" or both? And where do I put those files to update the LOOT program?

The .tar.xz file does not have a exe file so the .7z file will be your best bet.

The .7z file also does not have an exe...?

Why is LOOT so difficult to find? There seem to be hundreds of choices and nothing that says: THIS is the file you need.

i wonder if Tannin's reputation with MO can remove the tarnish from NMM's deservedly poor reputation.

Nexus website is great, imo, but their mod manager... not so much.

Not had many problems with NMM. I don't need more bells and whistles. I prefer to spend time playing than faffing about with silly (to me) amounts of mod management.

• 2 years later...

Ok, can anyone actually make a list of 20-30 mods to download, for special edition, this fkin crap is just too fkin confusing. Without having to open up my brain in 2 and do brain surgery if possible.

That LOOT crap donest even work. Man, what a fkin nerd shitfest this modding world is.................................