Oblvion player character

Lehcar

...Sheogorath?! Please oh please tell me that IS NOT CANON... that IS NOT REALLY THE OBLIVION PC.... NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No it can't be. I refuse to believe it. That is NOT my Oblivion character and it never will be, I refuse to accept that idea.

I never played the entire Shivering Isles quest so my character could never become this wretched.

He was an immensely powerful Breton wizard, and a vampire. The only guilds he ever became master of was the Dark Brotherhood, which I will believe still thrives in Cyrodiil because my PC was very very intelligent. And a vampire. He also become leader of the Mage's Guild, but eventually saw it for the waste and lost cause it was, and left to pursue his own interests in life. Because he's incredibly awesome.

He's still out there someplace, as evil as ever, continuing to thrive from his eternal salvation of blood.

My secondary character was a Bosmer rogue, also a very powerful vampire. He joined but never became the leader of the Thieves Guild; regardless I will believe Oblivion's Thieves Guild is not the same as Skyrim's, and the Cyrodiil one is still alive and well. He still leads the Black Hand and the Brotherhood, which again I will believe is still alive and well in Cyrodiil. He too is still out there somewhere, draining blood from unsuspecting victims.

I won't let Bethesda ruin the entirety of Oblivion for me.

...Sheogorath?! Please oh please tell me that IS NOT CANON... that IS NOT REALLY THE OBLIVION PC.... NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No it can't be. I refuse to believe it. That is NOT my Oblivion character and it never will be, I refuse to accept that idea.

I never played the entire Shivering Isles quest so my character could never become this wretched.

He was an immensely powerful Breton wizard, and a vampire. The only guilds he ever became master of was the Dark Brotherhood, which I will believe still thrives in Cyrodiil because my PC was very very intelligent. And a vampire. He also become leader of the Mage's Guild, but eventually saw it for the waste and lost cause it was, and left to pursue his own interests in life. Because he's incredibly awesome.

He's still out there someplace, as evil as ever, continuing to thrive from his eternal salvation of blood.

My secondary character was a Bosmer rogue, also a very powerful vampire. He joined but never became the leader of the Thieves Guild; regardless I will believe Oblivion's Thieves Guild is not the same as Skyrim's, and the Cyrodiil one is still alive and well. He still leads the Black Hand and the Brotherhood, which again I will believe is still alive and well in Cyrodiil. He too is still out there somewhere, draining blood from unsuspecting victims.

I won't let Bethesda ruin the entirety of Oblivion for me.

If you finish Shivering Isles you will already look like Sheogorath - at least to all the SI inhabitants. If you gave Una Armina the Sheogorath-Shaped Amber and take a tour she will say:

"This right here is one of my favorites. A lump of amber in the shape of Lord Sheogorath's head! The wonders of nature never cease to amaze."

But as soon as you finish SI and take a tour then she will say:

"This right here is one of my favorites. A lump of amber in the shape of your head, my Lord! A very popular item, too, if I may be so bold."

So as you can see our character already looks like Sheogorath only not to us nor anyone outside SI or else the game would have to end there.

More over once you become Sheogorath everyone in SI immediately recognizes you as Sheogorath, the only one who seems to know you arent the original is Haskil however even he never questons your power or the fact that you are the new Madgod now.

So you have to face it the Sheogorath in Skyrim is our Champion of Cyrodiil his words confirm it and notice he no longer has the trademark cane that Sheogorath always had and thats because it is destroyed durring the SI questline and later was rebuild as the Staff of Sheogorath.

And the only reason the Champion doesnt seem to be mad yet is because we still control him so he is only as mad as we are but its obvious he is not the same person anymore as he now understands the insane i.e. Bolwing who normaly speeks gibberish.

If you finish Shivering Isles you will already look like Sheogorath - at least to all the SI inhabitants. If you gave Una Armina the Sheogorath-Shaped Amber and take a tour she will say:

"This right here is one of my favorites. A lump of amber in the shape of Lord Sheogorath's head! The wonders of nature never cease to amaze."

But as soon as you finish SI and take a tour then she will say:

"This right here is one of my favorites. A lump of amber in the shape of your head, my Lord! A very popular item, too, if I may be so bold."

So as you can see our character already looks like Sheogorath only not to us nor anyone outside SI or else the game would have to end there.

More over once you become Sheogorath everyone in SI immediately recognizes you as Sheogorath, the only one who seems to know you arent the original is Haskil however even he never questons your power or the fact that you are the new Madgod now.

So you have to face it the Sheogorath in Skyrim is our Champion of Cyrodiil his words confirm it and notice he no longer has the trademark cane that Sheogorath always had and thats because it is destroyed durring the SI questline and later was rebuild as the Staff of Sheogorath.

And the only reason the Champion doesnt seem to be mad yet is because we still control him so he is only as mad as we are but its obvious he is not the same person anymore as he now understands the insane i.e. Bolwing who normaly speeks gibberish.

Bravo! excellent argument and it all makes sense. TBH though, it makes sense also that any number of unusual things could have happened to the champion after becoming the madgod, Sheogorath was the god of madness and madness is nothing if not a protean thing-he would have been changed, substantialy and significantly, by becoming the madgod, and I don't find it hard to believe that in becoming madgod, they would appear as sheogorath to the mad. Afterall can you imagine the chaos in the shivering isles if people realised the old Sheogorath was gone?

No. Morrowind's hero never got such deplorable treatment and neither will my Oblivion hero. I never played SI and I never will. That is not the Champion of Cyrodiil (which my PC never even became), that is NOT my Malcolm darnit! Never! I refuse to believe it! It's hinted at, but he may just be saying to be a plain old weirdo, or making it up to fun, or in an attempt to drive mortals mad, which the Daedra of Madness naturally would be. That IS NOT Oblivion PC. NEVER NEVER NEVER. :down:

No, I refuse to let them ruin Oblivion for me. Not going to happen.

Actually the Nerevarine dies in obscurity. In Hammerfell I think? It is a random NPC conversation in Oblivion.

The Nerevarine went to Akavir for some reason... isn't he/she immortal? Rather than dying in obscurity I think he/she just faded into it.

As for the PC from Oblivion becoming Sheogorath... Yeah it's a bit weird my female character is now a strange old guy but it's still awesome. It's Sheogorath after all. :P

No. Morrowind's hero never got such deplorable treatment and neither will my Oblivion hero. I never played SI and I never will. That is not the Champion of Cyrodiil (which my PC never even became), that is NOT my Malcolm darnit! Never! I refuse to believe it! It's hinted at, but he may just be saying to be a plain old weirdo, or making it up to fun, or in an attempt to drive mortals mad, which the Daedra of Madness naturally would be. That IS NOT Oblivion PC. NEVER NEVER NEVER. :down:

Did you save the Fighters Guild? Did you collece Mehrunes Razor? Did you allow some annoying kid with a weird hair-doo follow you around (And later murder you in your sleep)? The canon timeline is based on the asumption that the previous PC acomplished every task, regardless of what you youself did...

On to the Nerrevarine... He has Corprus, which seems to make people Immortal (Or at least ageless) so provided the Tseci (Probably spelled that wrong... Snake people) didn't eat him like they do everything else, or he didn't drown, he's probably still around somewhere.

As for Sheogorath, when you inherit the power and personality of a Daedric Prince, you lose your gender. One of these days i'm expecting 'him' to appear as some crazy old lady living on a farm with a bunch of Khajit.

As far as I know the "intended" race of the hero of Cyrodiil is an Imperial. So if you look at Sheogorath now, you can see a mix between an Imperial and the old Sheogorath. Makes sense. The only person who can be: Listener of the DB, Guild Leader and owner of the Gray Cowl, Leader of the Fighting Guild, Hero of Kvatch and Cyrodiil, Arena Champion and Archmage - would be a Madgod. Anybody else would go mad with all that resposibility and work.

Besides, Sheogorath is my favourite dadreic prince. He is just... so unserious.

Wait wait wait... If you never did the main quest in Oblivion, then how is it so hard to assume that someone else did and ended up the madgod?

Just assume it was Valen Dreth and there you go. :P

Edited by InuyashaFE

Actually the Nerevarine dies in obscurity. In Hammerfell I think? It is a random NPC conversation in Oblivion.

The Nerevarine went to Akavir for some reason... isn't he/she immortal? Rather than dying in obscurity I think he/she just faded into it.

As for the PC from Oblivion becoming Sheogorath... Yeah it's a bit weird my female character is now a strange old guy but it's still awesome. It's Sheogorath after all. :P

Oh right forgot to mention that Daedric Princes dont have any gender really, they just take on male or female forms according to their own will so the Champion of Cyrodiil becoming Sheogorath makes sense regardles of your characters gender.