Various Nexus related things from the Skyrim SE launch aftermath

Dark0ne

In response to post #43756080. #43756580, #43756590 are all replies on the same post.

techstepman wrote: any idea how much time will pass since we are able to use NMM again? a week , 2 weeks? More? most of the mods in my NMM are outdated since I haven't played fallout 4 for some time. Last Friday I had a day off work so I did all the RL related chore and expected to spend the weekend adding all the mods im interested in. Well SSE just had to launch on this particular time didn't it. I have no idea when I will ever get the time to mod the game with leisure...probably in the summer vacations cause that the only vacations I get from work. Im NOT complaining (well just a tiny bit). It was to be expected with SSE launching I just wasn't aware when that was and didn't think it would be a problem. So im asking for a probable time that NMM will be back. So I can arrange to find some free time to start browsing and downloading mods. For now I guess I will focus on working on a custom weapon model im making for fallout 4.
murderface8 wrote: You can still download mods manually and install them with NMM or in my case, MO.
murderface8 wrote: You can still download mods manually and install them with NMM or in my case, MO.

You can still download mods manually and install them with NMM or in my case, MO.

• Replies 563
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In response to post #43756080. #43756580, #43756590, #43756615 are all replies on the same post.

techstepman wrote: any idea how much time will pass since we are able to use NMM again? a week , 2 weeks? More? most of the mods in my NMM are outdated since I haven't played fallout 4 for some time. Last Friday I had a day off work so I did all the RL related chore and expected to spend the weekend adding all the mods im interested in. Well SSE just had to launch on this particular time didn't it. I have no idea when I will ever get the time to mod the game with leisure...probably in the summer vacations cause that the only vacations I get from work. Im NOT complaining (well just a tiny bit). It was to be expected with SSE launching I just wasn't aware when that was and didn't think it would be a problem. So im asking for a probable time that NMM will be back. So I can arrange to find some free time to start browsing and downloading mods. For now I guess I will focus on working on a custom weapon model im making for fallout 4.

Exactly what murderface8 said, my friend. Just go to the links for each mod and check if they have a new version in relation to the version you have installed, download the mod manually, and add the file to Nexus Mod Manager. Then you can install it like normal, it just takes a little longer than just downloading straight to NMM, but it has the same end result. Cheers and happy modding!

In response to post #43755050.

Randar13 wrote: Hello

Just noticed how more than half the new Special edition mods are just old mods moved over and either straight up do not work or require essential files that do not work in the new special edition.

Can we have a moderator clean this up or can people stop putting old skyrim mods that dont work with special edition in the special edition section

Please and thank you :)

This exact reason is why I'm sticking to the top files for my SE game until the CK comes out. Always check descriptions for mods and only download a mod if the mod author strictly states they have cleaned and optimised their mod for SE. It's not too hard, and I have a perfectly running Skyrim SE with quite a few mods running at this very moment. :) Happy modding!

In response to post #43746270. #43746460, #43746755, #43749045, #43749835, #43752980, #43753020, #43753585, #43754830 are all replies on the same post.

Katherynliza wrote: If anyone wants to download mods but still use the nexus manger while you can not log in.
Go to the mod you want to download -->
Click Green Button Says " DOWNLOAD (MANUAL)" -->
Scroll Down and Click "download manually" (For the main file)-->
Click Green Button says "CONTINUE WITH MY DOWNLOAD"-->
Go into nexus mod manger -->
Go to Mod tab -->
Click plus (In top left hand corner of tab) -->
Select the file you just download -->
Wait (The mod is listed without check mark) -->
Double Click (Left of mod name) mod -->
Setup starts or Activated(Check-mark by mod)
CyberTao2013 wrote: God bless you
Shizane2004 wrote: Seriously....thank you....
raldi13 wrote: Actually this should work so, but he sets the mod to be installed only on the queue. When I try to install it via the blue play-button again, it's required that I log in. I find this strange because I have already downloaded the mod, I want to install it only.

Drag and drop doesn't work either...
KungPaoChicken72 wrote: thnx so much
Katherynliza wrote: Did you Double Click(Left of name) the mod?
Katherynliza wrote: Copy previous comment of "Did you Double Click(Left of name) the mod? "
caralampio wrote: This doesn't work for me. Every time I get error during installation at about 96%, happens with all mods and all games.
Katherynliza wrote: What error do you get?

Thanks

In response to post #43750325. #43752825, #43753040, #43753130, #43755445, #43756260, #43756365 are all replies on the same post.

BirdofPrey101 wrote: Can't seem to get the 'Stay Offline' mode to work. Tried to manually add mods from my hard drive to NMM, but everything is just queued and that's it. Using the resume/queued button just results in the login screen popping up and we're back to square one.
Katherynliza wrote: Which queue is it in (Downloads or Activation Queue)?
BirdofPrey101 wrote: Never mind, got it to work...finally! :)
BirdofPrey101 wrote: Katherynliza, it was the download.
RampagingGamer wrote: Mind sharing how you fixed it? :)
raldi13 wrote: Same problem here.. it's queued in the download list and than i have to log in.
BirdofPrey101 wrote: Honestly, I don't know, guys. It seemed to just start working. Maybe try closing and then restarting the program. That's all I did.

Then again, after a restart, I did clear out my downloads and tried to move the files again. That's when it worked.

Restarting then purging the queue seemed to have worked, thanks for taking the time to reply!

In response to post #43755050. #43756840 is also a reply to the same post.

Randar13 wrote: Hello

Just noticed how more than half the new Special edition mods are just old mods moved over and either straight up do not work or require essential files that do not work in the new special edition.

Can we have a moderator clean this up or can people stop putting old skyrim mods that dont work with special edition in the special edition section

Please and thank you :)
iTyphlosion wrote: This exact reason is why I'm sticking to the top files for my SE game until the CK comes out. Always check descriptions for mods and only download a mod if the mod author strictly states they have cleaned and optimised their mod for SE. It's not too hard, and I have a perfectly running Skyrim SE with quite a few mods running at this very moment. :) Happy modding!

We hide any mod that is confirmed to not work with SSE (though, due to the amount of mods, we rely on reports from users to do this). We also recommend not publishing an "old" mod to SSE unless the author is certain that it actually works.

In response to post #43750325. #43752825, #43753040, #43753130, #43755445, #43756260, #43756365, #43758120 are all replies on the same post.

BirdofPrey101 wrote: Can't seem to get the 'Stay Offline' mode to work. Tried to manually add mods from my hard drive to NMM, but everything is just queued and that's it. Using the resume/queued button just results in the login screen popping up and we're back to square one.
Katherynliza wrote: Which queue is it in (Downloads or Activation Queue)?
BirdofPrey101 wrote: Never mind, got it to work...finally! :)
BirdofPrey101 wrote: Katherynliza, it was the download.
RampagingGamer wrote: Mind sharing how you fixed it? :)
raldi13 wrote: Same problem here.. it's queued in the download list and than i have to log in.
BirdofPrey101 wrote: Honestly, I don't know, guys. It seemed to just start working. Maybe try closing and then restarting the program. That's all I did.

Then again, after a restart, I did clear out my downloads and tried to move the files again. That's when it worked.
RampagingGamer wrote: Restarting then purging the queue seemed to have worked, thanks for taking the time to reply!

I'm still having this problem though. i restarted NMM multiple times and tried to download a mod & it's still asking me to log in. can you please clarify how you got it to work?

In response to post #43701215.

Ballinasloe wrote:

Not quite as easy as designating certain servers to certain levels of people sadly.

Yeah I know, but some levels on access would do, level 1 admins, 2 mod creators, 3 premium, 4 everyone else :smile:

Yeah. Although I completely understand why they're doing what they're doing, seeing the NMM offline minutes after purchasing a lifetime premium membership is a real bummer...

I agree with both sentiments. While - Yes. We understand....sorta'. There's a...But! (Disclosure) I'm approaching this as a Premium Member.

I do believe that any site that participates in ecommerce, be it donations, or membership, has a duty to those "paying" 'customers' - first. Prioritized.

Clearly it makes sound economic sense to prioritize paid for Premiere access -- followed by "ALL" others. Be it a separate log-in or elevated que status.

Humbly - If such strategy was employed, it may actually spur Premier Memberships, besides those who feel obligated (such as myself and others I'm sure) to pay for a Premier Membership because we greatly value the "service", "access" and ease or use.

I think this issue is important to vet whether internally among the team or in the community. A simple show of hands on who would be willing to 'pay for priority access' may prove enlightening.

Keep up the great work - I'm a fan with an opinion. But a fan nonetheless.

Thank you for the updates.