How to pack Skyrim SE mods

I find most of the steps in the OP a bit much to handle, a whole lot of dicking around if you ask me.
If you want to publish to Beth Club okay extra steps, same if you want to pack fro XB/PS4 but for PC and just getting your loose files into BSA plugin format super simple.

You will want a couple of tools to begin with since you already went to the hassle of making a beth account just for the Creation Kit

B.A.E. - Bethesda Archive Extractor (Extract packed mods into loose files WITHOUT creation kit)

SSE NIF Optimizer (Run this tool on meshes coming from OLDRIM to convert it all to SE)

Here is what you do-

1.Navigate to your SkyrimSE/Data

2.Drop your mods stuff in there as loose files (maintain file structure obviously don't be a d***head)

3.Load up CK:SE > file > create archive

4.Drag your loose files from the data dir into the archive window (not the folders just the *.nif, *.dds, scripts bla bla etc.)

5.Click "Pack files" and this will create the asset *.bsa file ('remember what you called it')

6.Close and Re-Open Creation Kit, Click Save to create a new .esm plugin, name that plugin the same as your archive you saved in the above step. This will create a dummy *.esm file used to load your *.BSA assets along side any other changes you make to references etc.

Your Plugin *.esm MUST be named the same as the *.bsa file or it will not load any of your loose files you packed in steps 1-5!

Example of completed plugin-

IvxNpbU.png

If you want to convert meshes from oldrim -

1. SSE NIF Optimizer
  2. Run that tool over the mods loose files you wish to convert too SE
  3. PROFIT

Of course after you have done these things your plugin will show up in the Creation Kit and you can set it as active along with any other masters and re-save or go about doing whatever you need to do with the files you have added to the mod.

Edited by ledhead900

• 4 years later...
  • Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't upload my mod with its bsa files in xb1 folder like you said to do, when i select upload plugin for xbox1, it keeps turning off the creation kit, the bsa files will be 1GB in total, how did you manage to upload them?