How to pack Skyrim SE mods

I keep getting errors and crashes every time I load some thing like isilNarsil Lord of the Ring weapons. When I save it tells me something about textures should have been made outside of the CK? lol All pretty confusing. Even though the CK can preview the weapons just fine......

The nifs need to be converted to Skyrim Se , where they? Not all need this treatment but some , causing bugs or crashes , might need so .

Most of the time an update tangent space solves some issues , other times remove vertex color flags from lightning entry and the data as well .

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm converting (trying to) an armor mod from normal to SE and I always get red shape with white exclamation point when I equip the item in game. The archive contains everything from the original .bsa repackaged through the new creation kit. Do I have to modify the graphic files or something?

Try placing it manually without BSA and see if armor sees the nif file, etc.

test with nifscan and use nifscope to fix.

Ok, so I am trying to convert an armor mod for my own personal use, I have followed Prometheus' guide (without the xbox bit) and nothing crazy happens. The BSA has all the files needed and I save the ESP. I load it up in game, I don't get a "You don't have x.esp file" on my save game pre-load but in game nothing changes. it is a replacer mod so maybe I missed a step?

Or do I need to use nifskope to do something extra?

EDIT:

Nevermind, I needed to update the bone partition and tangent spaces.

And how can I edit .ESM Master files? CK wont let me set it as active file......

Make backup copy of your mod.Change copy of your mods file name mod.esm to mod.esp then Use SSEEdit and remove the Record Flag ESM and save. Should work.

Packing my mod Sands of Time for xbox crashes the creation kit everytime, after about 10 minutes of it trying to make the archive. Can the archive be made manually? SOT is close to 3 gigs without compression, with 7zip compresses to 900 megs. With winzip it is about 1.2 gigs.

From what I understood and feel free to correct this procedure if you feel its wrong.

• The Archive tool in the tools should not be used.( doesn't compress and doesn't convert )
  • The CK inner packer is the one to be used , the other in loose folder is old and not supported

Can you please remove this from your post? As I already told you in the private CK beta forum, this is completely incorrect. It compresses just fine and is not "old and not supported" considering Archive.exe is what the CK calls on the command line when packing the BSAs.

As you already shared with me in the private forum, you simply didn't know that you had to check the option "Compress Archive" and as far as conversion goes, it's completely irrelevant, as anyone can unpack their Skyrim BSAs with any number of programs, and repack it using Archive.exe.

So, for the PC version, do we or do we not need to check "compress archive"? What about for XBox?

Anyone else have trouble when creating an archive in the CK? It doesn't detect the loose files, and trying to drag them from their specific paths in the Data folder does nothing. It shows the little plus sign when I drag and hold, but on release nothing happens. Even tried using the archive tool to pack the files into a bsa with the same name as my mod, added that to my .ini and that doesn't do anything either. It doesn't help that I can't even launch the CK from the B.Net launcher. Always gives me an error: "Creation Kit: Skyrim game failed to launch. Please validate the game files and try again." Uninstalling and reinstalling has done nothing, but the CK works fine if I launch the exe from the Skyrim root folder.

Edit: Well I found a workaround. Unless I'm dumb and it's the only way if Archives is broken in CK. Had use the archive tool and named it "My Mod - Textures.bsa" then put that file in sub folder "XB1" within the Data folder in order for the CK to detect it.

Edited by T9X69