leetgamer

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

thanks that worked...but another weird thing appeared...when im playing, some weird blue, violet, red stripes appears on my screen, and time to time theres some weird blackhole

Hmm.. you mean you have weird purple textures on the ground? If so then check out bben's fix for it.

If it doesn't work I suggest reinstalling Oblivion.

If that doesn't work update all your drivers.

thanks that worked...but another weird thing appeared...when im playing, some weird blue, violet, red stripes appears on my screen, and time to time theres some weird blackhole

Check your system temps as well. Your video card might not be happy...

As well as checking temps, If you upgraded your video card recently you may be overtaxing your Power supply - Many brand name systems have a power supply that can barely supply what originally came with the computer. Adding a powerful graphics card can cause overheating, power droops and eventual failure.

Also, clean the air channels of accumulated dust that can lead to overheating as well.

Cleaning your computer

http://www.tesnexus.com/articles/article.php?id=304

• 2 months later...

I shall attempt to whittle my post down (( still a long post though :confused: ))

I had been running v.1.2.0416 on my Windows 7, 64-bit machine, and then I made a whole bunch of mistakes >.>

I downloaded a mod and then booted oblivion to test it. Immediately noticed tearing in the landscape and promptly disabled the mod to see if that was the cause. It wasn't.

I have screenshots of the tearing, but they're all .bmp 's and the imageshare doesn't support .bmp's.

The cities in the distance were floating (( and so were the trees )) even where the landscape had "turned invisible" (( gave it a weird sort of ethereal feel))

Was it a corruption of the save data? Nope.

I tried uninstalling and reinstalling oblivion, and did that fix it? Nope. It made things worse :pinch: I noticed the v.1.1.#### and was like "oh... !$@#"

I tried downloading the patch, and it gave me the "old file not found..." error.

The solution to the 'old file' problem: actually have the Shivering Isles DLC file activated in the Data File UI :wallbash: however... that did not solve the "ripping"...

Edit: Got it fixed just now :biggrin: ... solution: in your Oblivion folder right click on OblivionLauncher and select Troubleshoot Compratability and then select Try Recommended Settings ...

I don't know, they worked for me (( but... then again... :sweat: both were "user error" (as in "user is an idiot" error ) on my end... soooo... :pinch: ))

Edited by thothofmythos

• 3 weeks later...

"When it comes to requesting a mod, charisma and experience is the key. For example, if you're a total newbie whose first post is that of requesting a mod, the specific modder will immediately know it's something out of his/her's interest. There is a 78% chance that the newbie whose first post is that of requesting a mod, or a 22% chance that it is an experienced player, which has a 60% chance for his request to actually take place."

Now I do have to ask? Where are the trainers for raising my charisma and experience attributes?

Sorry... I couldn't help it :D