The Sunday discussion - Chesko

TheTokenGeek

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like Chesko's work and usually take new mods / updates to current mods apart in the various tools just to see what's changed and how things are put together.

Most of the stuff I have done is open up a mod and think "how could I change this to do that" and then just do it.

In response to post #44140765. #44143535 is also a reply to the same post.

bigbull_21 wrote: Am I the only one who thought "Oh F NO they banned Chesko!?!?!?!" when they saw the headline "Sunday discussion-Chesko"

Very relieved to see that wasn't the case!
TheInquizitor wrote: You are probably the only one. What in the world made you come to that conclusion?

Hey, they banned Trainwiz once, it could happen.

Chesko and fadingsignal are easily two of the best modders, both in terms of the quality of the mods they produce and their attitudes.

It may be a ways off but once SKSE is done and SkyUI or an equivalent shows up on SSE, im booting up campfire, Last Seed whenever it gets done and Truestorms. Just thinking about it is rustling me, in a good way.

Edited by Kazuya482

START SMALL: Best advice ever. I've made a few mods per game for myself since Morrowind but never published one till Fallout 4. I simply made some conduits and switches that didn't radiate power and decided to publish it. Then another author who made a mod at the same time that added pylons that radiated power at several increasingly higher distances asked if I'd like to work together on his.

After a few months PCPO went to having a dozen options for every conduit, pylon, and switch, to adding Contraptions Workshop power radiators, to me learning my first bit of scripting with injecting a construction menu.

Then the Vault Workshop came out along with mods that made new "vaults" to use it, and I thought I'd like to make my own that's an actual vault with a backstory and not just a cubic cave. Boy did I get in over my head. When I considered I'd have to do navmeshing, get a custom vault door texture, and make the construction elevator I wanted to use animated (because for some reason it's static) I had to take a step back.

Then my part-time job went full-time, so I don't really feel like making mods on my weekends when I can be playing.