So heres the start of my Wyvern...

huntsman2310

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thats a better name then the Slitherer. Yeah thats what I'm going for with the Slitherers. Except they have no limbs at all, (think Graboids from tremors) and I'm deciding on whether they should float like Frost Wyrms or just slide along the ground, which may look awkward.

Okay. Here is the absolutely final mesh design for my Wyrm. For realz this time.

This was taken in Blender with textured view on.

http://img3.imageshack.us/img3/9837/absolutedefinitelyfinal.th.jpg

now all I need to do is sort out the UVs on the forelegs and I'm set. I just know I'm repeating myself here....

Maybe in the future. I intended for this Dragon to be an enemy, thats faster then the vanilla Dragon on the ground and can follow you where they can't. They are the same size as the vanilla Dragon, but due to no wings at all, can fit into many more places. Such as forests or sheltered areas.

They are the same size as the vanilla Dragon,

I reckon the reason why they dragons have only very specifc path grid is because of their size. Basically you might need to scale it down somewhat or it'll probably get janky and stuck all the time on some random terrain. But you'll find that out later.

Hooray. :dry:

Well tommorow I'll get stuck into re jiggering the UV on the forelegs, once I find a good way to fit one face successfully the rest should be easy. Its sort of like a jigsaw really.

Right so I messed up and started up again. Here is the 4 re-iteration of my Wyrm. Done this morning.

I'll need to a bit of sculpting on the forelegs before I do the UV map, because if I do it after, it will mess up the whole things.

This is goanna take a while. I'll probably post again on the 15th. :dry:

Righty-o. I just finished moving all the UVs around out of the way, so I can finally start putting them together, piece by piece.

I've also run into a odd problem.

http://img834.imageshack.us/img834/3989/duderadicalcha.th.jpg

I think I know what the problem is so I'm currently fixing it now.