Why Trump Won

Harbringe

Trump is relatively moderate on many issues:

- He's less hostile to Russia than the average Republican is.

Russia helped get him elected, they wanted him to win and used cyber-warfare to aid their goals. What, should we just let the Russians make every decision so we don't anger them? The teenager in me wants to say you should grow some balls.

Less hostility with Russia is not automatically a good thing, you oppose aggressive behavior early on the world-stage or it gets out of hand, something we learned from World War 2 when Hitler was allowed to gobble up the Rhineland, Sudetenland, Czechoslovakia and Austria prior to the start of World War 2 without so much as an eyebrow raised in his direction.

- He opposes traditional Republican economic policies of "free trade".

And there are so many great economic examples of mercantilist nations?

- He's less hostile toward gays than most Republicans are.

Diet homophobia, sweet deal.

- He doesn't support the neoconservative foreign policy agenda.

You mean, abandoning South Korea to North Korea (a nuclear power), Japan to China (a nuclear power) and Europe to Russia (a nuclear power)?

Or perhaps him inquiring as to why we do not use nuclear weapons to resolve disputes?

He's a populist. We haven't had a populist president in a very, very long time. In none of our lifetimes in fact. It wasn't a difficult choice for a lot of people.

He is a demagogue and a rip off artist.

Trump would not even pay the children that performed at his events, what a stand-up guy.

Trump on the other hand is bringing something fresh into US politics.

Racism and sexism are not fresh U.S. politics, they are the politics from 50 years ago.

Everyone knows what Hillary Clinton is. She's a system stooge, and about as crooked as any politician in US history.

She is an average politician, a far better choice than a racist, sexist and alleged serial rapist (one of which included a 13 year old).

If you had your pulse on reality, instead of exclusively internet forums I shouldn't even need to talk about this.

You mean the pulse of your friends?

Support for candidates on both sides was a reaction against established political norms.

You mean the norm where African-Americans, Muslims and Hispanics were not called criminals, threatened with mass deportation and being banned from the country by their President?

A wall would provide an obstacle. Instead of just being able to walk across the border. They can put sensors in the wall to figure out if someone is climbing or trying to dig under it. As well as hidden cameras along the border combined with surveillance drones. This is 2016. The border patrol will be waiting for them on the other side for immediate deportation.

It is an impossible 1900 mile wall, that would have to cut through many privately owned properties and neighborhoods. And the idea of manning it is impractical as well, the Roman Empire could not fully man a 73 mile wall in Britain to keep Picts out and military service was compulsory.

The labor and material costs alone for this illusory structure are astronomical, you think they are putting and maintaining electronics that do not even exist yet under and over it the entire way?

All for stopping the dwindling illegal immigration on the border that stands a fair chance of just getting on a boat and coming in from the Canadian border. All of this in vain just to try and get rid of labor which a lot of businesses use to keep afloat, to fill the required number of employees needed to maintain their business that would otherwise remain vacant without it. But you hold fast to that old adage "dey terk urr jerbs!"

I'm hearing the same rage infused banality everywhere I go on the internet. I find reading it somewhat entertaining. It inflates my ego, because it assures me that I'm smarter than the people writing the comments I'm reading.

A prime example of the Dunning-Kruger effect. Even your candidate has the vocabulary of a 5th grader.

To quote the President elect, "SAD".

Edited by Darthsith

• Replies 319
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Contrast that with Clinton taking money from regimes with an appalling record on gay rights, in Saudi Arabia sexual activity with someone of the same gender can see you thrown in jail, whipped, tortured or even stoned to death, that didn't stop her taking money from them. You can judge people by the company they keep and she has some very unpleasant friends.

Russia helped get him elected, they wanted him to win and used cyber-warfare to aid their goals. What, should we just let the Russians make every decision so we don't anger them? The teenager in me wants to say you should grow some balls.

Less hostility with Russia is not automatically a good thing, you oppose aggressive behavior early on the world-stage or it gets out of hand, something we learned from World War 2 when Hitler was allowed to gobble up the Rhineland, Sudetenland, Czechoslovakia and Austria prior to the start of World War 2 without so much as an eyebrow raised in his direction.

It's a conspiracy theory that Russia helped him get elected. They can't determine if it was just a hacker in Russia, or the Russian government. Yet the Russian government is being implicated directly with zero evidence.

I grew balls when I showed up to the polls to vote for Trump as did millions of other Americans. I'm tired of Liberal, globalist policies getting showed down my throat from political hacks like you. The left got about as far as it's going to possibly get in the USA politically, ever.

The difference between WW2 and now is nuclear weapons. The Nazis didn't have them. This is why people who think like you don't need to be president. You're ready to start a nuclear war over human rights. When there won't be any humans around to have any rights when the dust settles. It's not my policy to dictate to other countries what they should and shouldn't be doing within their own borders. Putin, unlike Hitler has an 80%+ approval rating. He was democratically elected. It's not as simple as you're making it out to be, and most definitely not a realistic comparison to the Nazis. Hitler took his country over with an approval rating in the teens. And strong armed his way to power. The left in America is so dumb, and lives with their head so deep in the sand, that they feel like Trump did the same thing.

And there are so many great economic examples of mercantilist nations?

Yeah, but mercantilist nations typically put their own economic interests first. We haven't been doing that in the USA in recent times. Trump wants to start doing that again.

You mean, abandoning South Korea to North Korea (a nuclear power), Japan to China (a nuclear power) and Europe to Russia (a nuclear power)?

Or perhaps him inquiring as to why we do not use nuclear weapons to resolve disputes?

Why is it our responsibility to defend those countries from other countries? I don't agree with the notion that the USA is obligated to be the world's police force. I'm not in favor of leaving those countries completely hanging, but they need to prepare for a transition phase where the end result will be them defending their own borders. South Korea building up it's own military to defend itself from the North, etc. Or it's like Trump said, those countries need to cover our expenditures for maintaining a presence there.

He is a demagogue and a rip off artist.

Trump would not even pay the children that performed at his events, what a stand-up guy.

Was there any expectation of getting paid? Doubt it.

I never claimed he was a complete angel, and I didn't vote for Trump based on moral grounds. I don't think anyone else did either.

His tax policies make sense if he's serious about getting corporations to stay here in the USA and do business. How is raising taxes on the rich going to suddenly make them invest more money and create more jobs? That's a liberal fallacy.

Racism and sexism are not fresh U.S. politics, they are the politics from 50 years ago.

I don't believe that's true. You can think whatever you want about Trump, it's irrelevant to me. The fact is he won. And you're mad. And I'm laughing precisely because people like you are mad over this election.

She is an average politician, a far better choice than a racist, sexist and alleged serial rapist (one of which included a 13 year old).

Average is someone like a Mitt Romney. Clinton is a criminal with a sizeable power structure around her to protect her from the consequences of being a corrupt politician. Most politicians don't have that luxury. Which is why she's not average.

And that's some tabloid bulls***. Not one single Trump supporter believes that. We didn't believe the women claiming sexual abuse either.

You mean the pulse of your friends?

Uh? Hello? Trump won the election.

You mean the norm where African-Americans, Muslims and Hispanics were not called criminals, threatened with mass deportation and being banned from the country by their President?

Is that how you really feel? If I was you, I'd be busy packing my bags for Canada right now. If you even live in the USA.

It is an impossible 1900 mile wall, driving through many privately owned land and neighborhoods. And the idea of manning it is impractical as well, the Roman Empire could not fully man a 73 mile wall in Britain to keep Picts out and military service was compulsory.

We're not the Roman Empire that's limited to archaic methods. We got predator drones, cameras, ground censors, etc. We don't need men along the entire border wall. We just need outposts every so many miles.

The labor and material costs alone for this illusory structure are astronomical, you think they are putting and maintaining electronics that do not even exist yet under and over it the entire way?

It'll be a massive infrastructure project that will create jobs. If the technology doesn't exist, we certainly have the means to make it. Necessity is the mother of invention.

All for stopping the dwindling illegal immigration on the border that stands a fair chance of just getting on a boat and coming in from the Canadian border. All of this in vain just to try and get rid of cheap labor which a lot of businesses use to keep afloat.

Immigration has been dwindling because the economic prospects for those immigrants isn't that great. There aren't enough low wage jobs for all of them, so they went back. Illegal immigration ebbs and flows with the economy.

If farms need cheap labor, then they have to hire legal immigrants. We'll give enough work visas out to do those kinds of jobs.

A prime example of the Dunning-Kruger effect. Even your candidate has the vocabulary of a 5th grader.

To quote the President elect, "SAD".

That doesn't apply to me. If anything I'm on the reverse side, and more often than not underestimate my own abilities.

If you wanna know how I really feel about this election, this sums it up.

Edited by Beriallord

I'm gonna reiterate on this position:

I'm hearing the same rage infused banality everywhere I go on the internet. I find reading it somewhat entertaining. It inflates my ego, because it assures me that I'm smarter than the people writing the comments I'm reading.

For example:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rzvepEzp9Vk

Does anyone think this guy is educated? He should have learned in middle school that we have an electoral college system, and the winner isn't determined by popular vote. Instead he's off on a rage induced rant about Black people still having 1/3 of a vote just because his side lost an election based on an electoral college. And then he talks about suing the US? For what exactly? That the electoral college be deemed unconstitutional, when it was an integral part of our system from the beginning? To sue based on what grounds exactly? That guy is a complete moron. And he sums up the American left to a T.

Hate levels for Trump appear to be off the chart in many camps, even a few Republican ones, so personally I'll be amazed if he survives long enough to serve as president. And if he does survive, I think his administration will last a matter of months not years, due to scandal, incompetence, impeachment by his own party etc. Simply put, in the highly unlikely event Trump's campaign rhetoric was something more than empty talk to get elected, the R's have no incentive whatsoever to keep him in office. He becomes an obstacle to their agenda (that's been unchanged since last century: banning marriage rights for gay people etc etc) more than anything else.

Edited by TheMastersSon

I'm gonna reiterate on this position:

For example:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rzvepEzp9Vk

Does anyone think this guy is educated? He should have learned in middle school that we have an electoral college system, and the winner isn't determined by popular vote. Instead he's off on a rage induced rant about Black people still having 1/3 of a vote just because his side lost an election based on an electoral college. And then he talks about suing the US? For what exactly? That the electoral college be deemed unconstitutional, when it was an integral part of our system from the beginning? To sue based on what grounds exactly? That guy is a complete moron. And he sums up the American left to a T.

And this is why Americans are so misinformed (not directed at you in particularly) .Its fake news , its CNN propaganda , its a staged event he is a CNN cameraman . There is a reason its called the Clinton News Network.

Watch the full original broadcast , they goofed up at 1:16 of video.

There is a bunch more stuff in video showing how CNN has been colluding with the Clinton Campaign the entire time. Wake up people most of what you get on MSM (including Fox) is kabuki theatre , its make believe.

EDIT: And I have to say this when it comes to the email leaks or the Project Veritas videos and all this "Oooh it was the Russians" or "Oooh the guy who made the Veritas videos has a shady past" , Who gives a frack , the one thing thats certain is that never , not once did any Clinton operative ever challenge whether they were true , not once . In fact the people involved got fired , they got caught and they got fired, end of story. All that Russia did it , was just look here , don't look over here stupid people. Strange thing is years ago thats something the Republicans would have done when they got caught , raise the boogeyman and now the Democrats are doing it . What the hell happened , when did the script flip.

Edited by Harbringe

It's a conspiracy theory that Russia helped him get elected. They can't determine if it was just a hacker in Russia, or the Russian government. Yet the Russian government is being implicated directly with zero evidence.

If you had read the source that I provided you would see that it is the testimony of both private sector experts in cyber forensics who had been tracking the Russian intelligence group for a year that ended up being responsible for the breach in security and the official opinion of the Office of the Director of National Intelligence and the Department of Homeland Security after their investigations.

I grew balls when I showed up to the polls to vote for Trump as did millions of other Americans. I'm tired of Liberal, globalist policies getting showed down my throat from political hacks like you. The left got about as far as it's going to possibly get in the USA politically, ever.

If you think this is over for movements against racism, prejudice and sexism in the U.S. you are sorely mistaken.

The difference between WW2 and now is nuclear weapons. The Nazis didn't have them.

Exactly, the stakes are higher.

You're ready to start a nuclear war over human rights. When there won't be any humans around to have any rights when the dust settles. It's not my policy to dictate to other countries what they should and shouldn't be doing within their own borders.

As opposed to starting one because someone made fun of his tiny hands or the fact that he wants to have sex with his daughter? Yea, that is much better, excuse me "bigly" better.

And what are you even talking about? Who is starting a nuclear war over human rights? You are either conflating domestic issues I spoke of in relation to Trump with issues I spoke about on foreign policy or you think I am comparing the NSDAP to the United Russia Party on issues of domestic policy, which I was not.

This is why people who think like you don't need to be president.

Just the ones accused of serial sexual assault. Bill Cosby 2020.

Putin, unlike Hitler has an 80%+ approval rating. He was democratically elected. It's not as simple as you're making it out to be, and most definitely not a realistic comparison to the Nazis. Hitler took his country over with an approval rating in the teens.

You are unaware of issues on the world stage, Russia is a dictatorship, their elections are just a formality, a loyalty test to said dictator, detractors are monitored and have a habit of disappearing and dying regularly, media is state run and never says or does anything negative towards Putin or else.

I was comparing the actions of the primary aggressor in a world war before that world war broke out to another aggressor on a global and national stage in present day. No comparison was drawn between the NSDAP and the Unite Russia Party's domestic situation.

You're ready to start a nuclear war over human rights. ... It's not my policy to dictate to other countries what they should and shouldn't be doing within their own borders.

Before we go any further I want to gauge the level of your sanity so let me just clear something up real fast, you do know that neither you or I can do any of these things if we actually wanted to, right?

The left in America is so dumb, and lives with their head so deep in the sand, that they feel like Trump did the same thing.

Right, because Trump totally locked the educated vote. 1.) Oh, 2.) wait.

Yeah, but mercantilist nations typically put their own economic interests first. We haven't been doing that in the USA in recent times. Trump wants to start doing that again.

Well yes, that is the very foundation of mercantilism, it is what the words means... I did not ask for the definition of a word that I used, I know it because I used it, I asked you for a great example of one, but you could not provide one and that is because there isn't one.

So 'to start doing that again' do you mean the thing that has consistently proven itself to be a failure and has no example of an effective one? Sounds like a great idea.

Your point is considered ceded.

Why is it our responsibility to defend those countries from other countries? I don't agree with the notion that the USA is obligated to be the world's police force. I'm not in favor of leaving those countries completely hanging, but they need to prepare for a transition phase where the end result will be them defending their own borders. South Korea building up it's own military to defend itself from the North, etc. Or it's like Trump said, those countries need to cover our expenditures for maintaining a presence there.

Because we are the strongest super power in the world and the leader of the free world, which is free because we have the strength to fend off the wolves. Do you really think that South Korea does not have it's own military? That Japan does not have it's own defense measures? If the fight between two nations is potentially even the chance of a conflict is greater, you prevent conflict in the first place by having superior force and through alliances, alliances not predicated on the basis of financial gain but on mutual security benefit by preventing global conflict.

You act like the world is without aggressors, without lopsided rivalries. War for global domination has not stopped since World War 2, it just went cold and when fought in full it was done through proxies to avoid a nuclear conflict. Make no mistake that the intent and wish for many global sovereign entities to gobble up all of their neighbors is still there and if they are allowed to do so will build an entity we could not hope to challenge.

"If they want peace, nations should avoid the pin-pricks that precede cannon shots." - Napoleon Bonaparte

Was there any expectation of getting paid? Doubt it.

Right, because most people work for free, that is how economies work. Another example of how you really have no idea who you voted for.

I never claimed he I didn't vote for Trump based on moral grounds. I don't think anyone else did either.

The amount of sexism and racism in the country was grossly underestimated indeed.

His tax policies make sense if he's serious about getting corporations to stay here in the USA and do business. How is raising taxes on the rich going to suddenly make them invest more money and create more jobs? That's a liberal fallacy.

Because trickle down economics worked so well? You are not going to fix the national debt by taxing the hell out of the top 1% but they can certainly pick up more slack than they have been.

The typical wealthy individual does not invest finances to create jobs, they invest them when it is fairly guaranteed they will earn money, jobs are not really factored into it. If they can automate it, they do it, if a computer does it better or is cheaper or faster, they do it, no f*#@s are ever given. And a lot of them will always choose to build overseas due to factors we do not and will not ever control, like near slave labor wages in India and China that would turn away even illegal immigrant laborers from Mexico.

Donald Trump is a prime example of a tax dodging - employee swindling "rich" as you put it.

Average is someone like a Mitt Romney. Clinton is a criminal with a sizeable power structure around her to protect her from the consequences of being a corrupt politician. Most politicians don't have that luxury. Which is why she's not average.

Failed witch hunts from misogynistic dick-wads playing a political game against her without basis in reality.

Trump on other hand has openly admitted to bribing politicians (a felony), asked a foreign power to use cyber warfare against a political opponent (a felony), refused to pay his employees on several occasions and ran a fake university that he is still being sued for.

And that's some tabloid bulls***. Not one single Trump supporter believes that. We didn't believe the women claiming sexual abuse either.

Right, because the Huffington post was the only news source to report on that and all the other allegations.

I don't believe that's true. You can think whatever you want about Trump, it's irrelevant to me.

Wow and you called me as having a small pulse on reality, do I really have to give you a U.S. history lesson? Damn, our education system does suck. Sorry man, Bernie Sanders is not the President, you have to pay for that.

Uh? Hello? Trump won the election

Fewer people voted for Trump than voted for Romney who by your own words is your first choice for an 'average politician' in 2012 and also fewer than Mccain in 2008. Furthermore in 2012 and 2008 there were fewer eligible voters, making the chance to beat out the last two race's candidate's numbers easier. Not to mention the fact that Clinton won the popular vote here in 2016. So much for your 'pulse' on reality and your 'populist' candidate.

Is that how you really feel? If I was you, I'd be busy packing my bags for Canada right now. If you even live in the USA.

This has nothing to do with what I feel, it is what the President elect said and how that effects the minorities that I mentioned.

So let me explain, there are facts and then there is what you feel, what you feel is not automatically a fact, like you for example might 'feel' that as Donald mentioned "illegal Mexicans immigrants are rapists" where as a fact would be that Mexican immigrants are less likely to commit crimes than those born here.

The more you know.

We're not the Roman Empire that's limited to archaic methods. We got predator drones, cameras, ground censors, etc. ... If the technology doesn't exist, we certainly have the means to make it. Necessity is the mother of invention.

President Obama has deported more immigrants than any other president, if that is not necessity I do not know what is, and there is already a wall in place at the border for them to be installed. It is a logistics problem, it would take years to develop, potentially even longer than a presidential term and be expensive to develop, install and maintain across 1900 miles. Not exactly what was promised, which is just a load of impossible, impractical promises that solves nothing and they will still find a way in. You see, there is this thing called an ocean right by the border.

We're not the Roman Empire that's limited to archaic methods. ... We don't need men along the entire border wall. We just need outposts every so many miles.

That is how Hadrian's wall worked... what, did you think they tried to have people standing along it the whole way the whole time? It was only 73 miles long with forts every four miles or so and yet the super power still struggled to man it, we are talking about something 26 times greater in scope with more inhabited areas for it to cut through and harsher terrain in many locations along the border.

It'll be a massive infrastructure project that will create jobs.

Temporary jobs, back-breaking jobs, U.S. citizens have a tendency to stray away from that kind of work and leave it to other demographics, ones on the other side of the border. Not to mention it will cost tens of billions of dollars.

Immigration has been dwindling because the economic prospects for those immigrants isn't that great. There aren't enough low wage jobs for all of them, so they went back. Illegal immigration ebbs and flows with the economy. If farms need cheap labor, then they have to hire legal immigrants. We'll give enough work visas out to do those kinds of jobs.

So we need a wall to keep them in? Got it.

And you're mad. And I'm laughing precisely because people like you are mad over this election.

That doesn't apply to me. If anything I'm on the reverse side, and more often than not underestimate my own abilities.

This coming from a guy who cannot source or backup a single thing that he says with reputable facts. You did not even know that Japan and South Korea had their own militaries and yet you lecture about foreign policy and how to prevent global conflict, touting your intelligence and your joy from being condescending to others you deem 'dumb' on the internet. A masterpiece, sir, truly.

All you have is the internet fan boi 'U MAD BRO' mentality, how original.

Edited by Darthsith

I'm neither pro Trump nor pro Hillary, hell i'm not even from the US, but the pro Hillary camp and the Liberals distgust me right now, they talk that the whole world mock about Trump as President.

From what i see & saw, the only one making a mock, are the Pro Hillary camp. To call all Trump Voters racist and to bully them to threat them and beat them in groups, but also playing the victimhood card at the same time, that's distgusting.

Let's face it, your done, you showed the whole World your real colors. Even those wo supported you are now running away from you, because you're not better then them, you're worse. if someone get's elected we don't support, then f*** democracy we're gonna whack that s***.

These people support Hillary and are supposed advocates for respect and peace, and yet, they act like f***ing savages. Simply disgusting.

Edited by twistedmetal23

The left is at their tantrum best when they are confronted with the fact that the nation did not go along with their world view. What I. find droll is that this supposed inclusive perspective is only in force if you agree with them. Wake up little snowflakes ....you lost the argument where it really counts...in the Electoral College. If HRC won I would have tried to be gracious and sucked it up, more or less the way I dealt with Obama's two victories. Obama won and whether I liked it or not he was my President.

The internet is where losers go to cry over the spilt porridge.......But...sob...everyone is supposed to get a trophy....no little snowflakes second place is just first loser.

Just my two cents.

The left is at their tantrum best when they are confronted with the fact that the nation did not go along with their world view. What I. find droll is that this supposed inclusive perspective is only in force if you agree with them. Wake up little snowflakes ....you lost the argument where it really counts...in the Electoral College. If HRC won I would have tried to be gracious and sucked it up, more or less the way I dealt with Obama's two victories. Obama won and whether I liked it or not he was my President.

The internet is where losers go to cry over the spilt porridge.......But...sob...everyone is supposed to get a trophy....no little snowflakes second place is just first loser.

Just my two cents.

These are the people who demand safe spaces for themselves while going around in packs attacking people who exercised their democratic right.