Creative Character Builds

InuyashaFE

So recently I made a character for each archetype. A warrior, a mage, and a thief.

However I find these three boring, so out of curiousity, I thought we'd all share our most creative builds here.

My next character is going to be a warrior in mage's clothing, buffing her armor rating with alteration, before conjuring a battle axe.

How about you fine ladies and gentlemen?

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My next character wears no armour. He is kind of schizo like Cicero. Rattling non-stop in high-pitched voice, speaks in the 3rd person and does'nt make sense... lol

Imagine a guady dressed swashbuckling bard equiped with a lute and a shortsword (WHERE DA HELL ARE THOSE SHORTSWORD?)

Always high on Moon Sugar and Skooma...

Equipment will be bows, shortsword, no destruction magic, just illusion and conjuration...

Yeap... that will be interesting to play? :rolleyes:

The most off-the-wall character I have played so far, that actually worked without dying horribly over and over again - Altmer brawler. Unarmed combat only, no ranged attacks besides shouts, no offensive spells, no casting in combat. If I recall correctly I focused skillups in Light Armor, Sneak, Alchemy, Enchanting with just a splash of Conjuring for Soul Trap. All looted spellbooks were sold, not read, and I did not allow myself to work on smithing (upgrades were permitted from looted material only, no buying, mining or converting hides to leather, so upgrades died out fast once I got magic armor bits). Potions permitted were only regenerate, healing, stamina, and waterbreathing - no skill potions, no magicka, no invisibility, and obviously no poisons since I couldn't poison my fists.

I did fairly well joining the Companions, and the Dark Brotherhood was hilarious with that build, especially

the wedding

Alchemy, Sneak, Pickpocket. You could have a character that only killed others by placing poisons in their inventory.

I always wondered what would happen if you had the perk and unloaded tons of poisons into them. I would love to try this but I don't feel like you can get poisons strong enough to kill enemies fairly easy.

Edited by Scklyic

@PunjabPirate - I did a similar build for one playthrough, but I called it the Palpatine-in-a-can. Sparks was my exclusive spell for many many levels.

I find that this build effectivly lets me dabble into the three primary character roles (warrior, archer, mage). Without losing any of their potency. By not selecting any destruction spell cost reducing perks, I have to switch into a secondary specialized armor set enchanted with reduce destruction costs. For archery I took only the damage inducing perks, I omitted those that were more human error based: slow time. It works for me, I can switch up when bored of a certain play style.

I have plans on making a paladin-build next. Mostly heavy combat skills, but with restoration, alchemy and (super-righteous) Palpatine-sparks in the back pocket. It'll be an interesting attempt, and it'll hopefully make my character feel like an intelligent warrior, not just some brute wrapped in iron.

I tried to make an Honest John Salesman-character recently, though. Mostly took perks related to speech and barter and tried to speak or sell my way out of most situations. It was fun, but... Yeah, I gimped myself fairly brutalliy.

Race: Breton

Weapon: Warhammer

Skills: Heavy Armor, Alchemy, Destruction, Armorer

My inventory is 80% Potions and poisons. :facepalm:

Also, while my Heavy Armor skill is high, I almost always wear the robes from the Dark Brotherhood. (Switch them out with my favorite enchanted Dwemer armor during boss fights)

I normally go for stealthy lightweight characters. Skyrim changed me. :D

@Kazakovich make sure you use maces, paladins are famous for them. a mace of Turn undead would be epic for a paladin. or maybe when the CK comes out you could get yourself a mace of some healing time, so you can beat your companions healthy xD