Creative Character Builds

InuyashaFE

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My [current] character is a Nord mage named Emrys. He was an outcast in his hometown of Dawnstar, due to his uncanny magickal abilities. Even his own father grew to become disappointed in his lack of physical prowess, believing magick to be a lesser art fit for sissy elves. At the age of 15, he decided to leave home and venture out into the lands of Tamriel. On his travels, he met a wizard from Winterhold who called himself Tolfdir. Tolfdir saw great potential in Emrys, and took him as his apprentice. For 10 years Emrys followed Tolfdir everywhere. Together they had many adventures, but eventually it was time to part ways. Deep inside, Emrys always had a need to make his father proud. He decided to learn the way of the sword. He traveled to Windhelm and joined the army, making sure to never use magick around these war-hardened soldiers. He spent 8 years in the army, learning every facet of physical combat imaginable. Finally, at the age of 33, he was a true warrior. He decided to return to Dawnstar and surprise his father. When he arrived, he learned that his father had not been in Dawnstar for 18 years. It turned out that his father had gone to look for him after he left. He eventually came upon a bandit stronghold that he believed had imprisoned his father many years ago. The bandits were unhelpful, and made the fatal mistake of attempting to steal Emrys' possessions. Through a combination of physical power and magickal ability, he easily overcame the first wave. He decided to go straight to the leader and discover what they had done to his father. He fought through an entire tower of thieves and murderers, eventually arriving at the chief's door. He opened it and saw a man there, with his sword ready.

"I've killed all your men. Now, grant me the right and tell me what happened to my father."

"Hello, son," the chief answered.

Yeah, my character is somewhat of a Spellsword. He uses an enchanted mace that drains life and magicka, and also destruction and alteration spells. He can paralyze his enemies, then proceed to beat the crap out of their helpless bodies. Not unfamiliar in any school of magick, he can also raise dead foes back to life to help in the fight. He has a level 3 mage armor perk, making his armor rating intensify to 300 when wearing regular clothes under the Ebonyflesh spell. His favorite destruction spell is fireball. With level 100 enchanting, alteration and destruction, Emrys is a force of nature to be reckoned with.

@Kazakovich make sure you use maces, paladins are famous for them. a mace of Turn undead would be epic for a paladin. or maybe when the CK comes out you could get yourself a mace of some healing time, so you can beat your companions healthy xD

Ah, yes! A mace and shield-combo it is. And I like that enchantment-idea, it's like the Dagger of Friendship from the Shivering Isles. If I could learn the ropes of meshing and texturing, I might even be able to mod in some pala-armour of my own.

I plan on making a Khajiit paladin-person with a massive martyrdom-complex, taking on the foul undead and defending the innocent, shouting "S'rendarr is Greater!!" all the while. :biggrin:

His hobbies could include armour crafting and amateur archaeology, better known amongst the adventuring vagrants as Dungeon Diving. It'll be an interesting combo, the bold, just (and exceptionally self-righteous) holy warrior architype and the discrete, clever Khajiiti trixter. Power to the People and S'rendarr is Greater and all that, but you can't really be above picking a few locks or pockets to further the cause... :happy:

The unarmored warrior is a very cool idea, if you add some illusion gameplay it could be called "jedi" :laugh:

The 5 ranks of the first blocking perk and some fortify health would help to balance the low armor rate.

I would replace the weapon conjuring with restoration spells.

IMO the main benefit of the unarmored warrior is that you can customize how you look :)

The main problem about builds is that the ones I create are no good against dragons :(

For example a full stealth illusionist with no combat perks.

Edited by pastafrola

An actual Alik´r.

Redguard:

I knew on which ship i get the scimitars, so that was my first travel point.

Dual Wield and only using the "Elemental" Shout for my "Derwish"-attack. Its hard to play with those swords because they have such a low damage. (i smithed and enchated my a** off to get them at least playable)

Also learned the conjure Flame Atronarch, as my "Djiin in the bottle" and the Transmute spell, for turning iron into gold.

Learned 1-hand weapons, smithing, enchanting and sneaking. Later archery

Magicka till i was able to conjure the flame Atronarch.

Clothes: Thief Armor, later Nightingale without its hood

Many, many health and an Stamina potions :)

Sadly at some point i had to lower the difficulty, or else he had no chance of survival and so it became the normal difficulty for him

Man i wish they would have implemented unarmed combat again, Reguards were famous for it

A nord miner/blacksmith whose grown up in dawnstar(thank you SASE mod), in no guilds. currently at level 20 and still dual wielding the woodcutters axes he got at level 1... I SOOOO need to upgrade them xD

No armour, just the blue robe and Alik'r hood