[WIP] Call of Hircine: Bloodmoon Rising

TheElderInfinity

Nice mod, I just hope that the werewolf toggle mod will still work with it. Especially with the features this mod adds I would want to live out my life in Skyrim as a hairy beast 24/7

No it wont be compatible,you only can transform with Hircines Ring,other than that no! If youre looking for 24/7 hairy-beast-rampage then youre at a wrong place :S...

• Replies 822
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love where this is going.

Personally, I have always wanted to see a werewolf mod with the following:

1) Lunar transformations. Transforming at night based on the moon would be INSANELY cool and really add to immersion in the game. However, I think that some serious depth should be added here. Some incentive to actually go out and use that werewolf form when it happens should be in place, such as a debuff which greatly weakens you for 3 days once leaving werewolf form if you do not feed while in werewolf form. In addition, it would be very cool if transforming interrupted sleeping and waiting, and you were forced to spend the night as a werewolf while it is active.

2) Transforming no longer a "crime." It has always bothered me that getting caught in the middle of a transform was a "crime" that you could pay off. It makes sense that people attack you, but instead of being a crime, I think getting caught while transforming should simply cause silver hand members to hunt you down while traveling or while sleeping for the remainder of the game, until you are cured. This would be a very big incentive to watch where you sleep during that time of the lunar cycle, adding to the immersion.

3) Better scaling. Werewolves scale pretty pathetically right now, and they benefit from wacky weapon perks. This encourages werewolf players to use a specific playstyle outside of werewolf form, which in my opinion is bad design. Be it mage, warrior, archer, or thief, everyone should feel like a meat grinder when they transform. Also, being bad at later levels and overpowered at earlier levels doesn't help anything. Damage should scale with level and level alone.

4) More werebeasts. I love Argonians. But I also love werewolves. But it drives me nuts that as an Argonian werewolf, I suddenly go from cold blooded to warm blooded, from having scales to fur, from going from reptile to mammal. I would love to see transformations based on your current race. Argonians transforming into werecrocs, khajhit transforming into werecats, elves transforming into werebears, and humans transforming into werewolves. This would be simply amazing. All one would really have to do is modify the existing werewolf model and textures for each, the body of the werewolf in this game looks downright awesome. They got it perfect, long arms and fingers give a creepy look and allow the werewolf to run on all fours or stand upright without looking goofy, and the back legs look awesome too.

Can't wait for this mod. Hope it has all of the above.

Nice mod, I just hope that the werewolf toggle mod will still work with it. Especially with the features this mod adds I would want to live out my life in Skyrim as a hairy beast 24/7

No it wont be compatible,you only can transform with Hircines Ring,other than that no! If youre looking for 24/7 hairy-beast-rampage then youre at a wrong place :S...

That's a real shame. After all, what good is being a werewolf when you can't stay in beast form all the time, or at least all night long?

Being a werewolf should be something out of the players control most of the time, maybe limited access to on demand shifting with hircines ring.

The way I see it, being a werewolf should make you immensely powerful, to the point where you would almost want to schedule harder quests around moon cycles so that you transform while doing the quest. Chaurus Reaper giving you trouble? Just come back during the full moon and show him whats up.

There should also be an incentive to want to kill stuff like crazy while you are a werewolf, penalties for not racking up body counts and benefits for doing so. That way, transforming wouldn't be a nuisance where you just press T and wait out your no access to spells or the menu once every moon cycle.

That's a real shame. After all, what good is being a werewolf when you can't stay in beast form all the time, or at least all night long?

Please read again description -.-, you will stay in ww formm whole night,but i think DieBySword tweaked the script that you changed back to human form in interiors,this is accually cool imo because Lunar influence awakes your inner beast,same thing happens when you need to transform.

Please read again description -.-, you will stay in ww formm whole night,but i think DieBySword tweaked the script that you changed back to human form in interiors,this is accually cool imo because Lunar influence awakes your inner beast,same thing happens when you need to transform.

I didn't notice the "change at night voluntarily if it doesn't already happen by chance, I apologize. What about in dungeons? That's probably the point when you'd want to be a werewolf most of all, since that's where most of the enemies that you'd encounter would be (in or around it).

I'm liking this mod regardless, I'm especially looking forward to the ability to pick things up while a werewolf, and the sneaking addition and the stealth kills.

What about locked doors and chests? Can we bash them open or something while a werewolf?

I'm glad this is still going strong. I was never a big fan of Bethesda's ways of dealing with vampires and now werewolves now. Players seem to handle these things a lot better :)

I love the idea of this mod! It always did seem odd that there were werewolves but none rampant (I miss Morrowind: Bloodmoon on another note). Werewolf hunters seem interesting as well...but would the werewolves and the hunters only appear during the moons or would their frequency be tied to the % chance to transform? Another thing I'm curious about, that I've heard in various werewolf tales, is somebody who gives in completely to their feral side still returns to their normal form but they act deranged/eccentric etc.