Is there anything similar to "don't call me settler"?

cossayos

It's understandable why people would get upset. It fixed settlements, period, either by allowing you to claim your own bed when you slept in it or by accessing settlers inventory by pressing R, or baby burn, or Power of the General or by renaming the "settlers" giving them real names and titles based on their jobs, well.. you name it.

The mod had it all, it's such a shame, truly.

Even if real life got the best of his time, wouldn't he be satisfied if his best work yet was continued? did he quit playing Fallout 4 and simply felt no inclination to update his mods? questions... Fallout settlement building wouldn't ever again be the same

Fallout 4 as we know it focuses heavily on settlement building and management. If you're not building at least one safehouse, why the H are you playing it then? and for the most part... settlements are a pain in the back in vanilla, it has no charm in it, unless you're proud of what you built, but once you fill it with "settlers", you'll beg for a attack so it can be exciting to see whether you built your base correctly, oh Bethesda... this had so much potential and you didn't care.. you just allowed it to walk, and put a pricetag on "paints" for it, some nice... some Wasteland Workshop style horse armor.

Yeah, I'm still using DCMS despite all the chaos it may cause or the regular bad warnings it gets from "people" in this *mature* modding community. I listen to myself first because what people tell you is simply their opinion, nothing more than that, people hated Mass Effect Andromeda, I gave them a NO and played it to see for myself, and guess what? turns out the game is AWESOME. Mass hysteria and hype makes our games toxic, it helps create but at the same time it destroys everything it created.

Thanks for the link buddy, if I disable DCMS I'll compile a list of mods a little similar to it and post it here.

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmm, guess I'm not the only one never had any real issues with it. I think I deserve apologies from a couple people, but, I truly doubt I will ever get them.

Nope, because I'm still waiting for the slow break that people told you took time to appear. I'd love to be able to say I told you so, but I doubt I'll be given the opportunity.

I don't think you'll have the opportunity with me either been running since the first version with no problems. I'm not saying other people's problems don't exist but I'm good. It could crap out tomorrow but i honestly doubt it. Hopefully though you aren't saying just because some folks have problems everyone will.

Hmm, guess I'm not the only one never had any real issues with it. I think I deserve apologies from a couple people, but, I truly doubt I will ever get them.

Nope, because I'm still waiting for the slow break that people told you took time to appear. I'd love to be able to say I told you so, but I doubt I'll be given the opportunity.

I don't think you'll have the opportunity with me either been running since the first version with no problems. I'm not saying other people's problems don't exist but I'm good. It could crap out tomorrow but i honestly doubt it. Hopefully though you aren't saying just because some folks have problems everyone will.

She's saying it because it's proven to cause issues. Just because some of you enjoy playing the ostrich doesn't mean truth suddenly became false.

• 1 month later...

Incase you people were still wondering about why the mod was taken down.

And this is an issue I can confirm happens on many occassions (and corrupted several of my saves too).

The author themselves stated this as one of the problems on reddit somewhen (I'll look up the link and paste it in this post) describing how newer builds of the Fallout game caused newspawn settlers to just stand around idly, even after being assigned to varios ressources. This problem will spread over to already existing settlers causing the whole population to reach a literal "stand still". This will cause your settlements to break severly, having unfinishable settlement tasks, unworked ressources and a crashed main-story as a result.

From there on you can consider your save games corrupted and even deinstalling the mod and starting a new save will utterly break your settlers, forcing people that experienced this to start from a complete clean slate by reinstalling the game and most of their mods.
Since most people spend their time within Fallout pursuing adventure and maybe even fail to notice their settlers being idle, this 'bug' is overlooked often but cannot be unseen once seen.

*tosses two bottlecaps*

Edited by SkulduggeryP

If you are missing the part of Don't Call Me Settler that gave settlers names, I found an alternative in the mod Unique NPC's.

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/21248/?

It gives all generic settlers names and provides way more variety in people's appearance (face, bodyshape, skin texture, clothes). It's a great mod, pretty big though.

Didnt know this was still active, im kind of looking for the part where im able to kill the settlers, but there doesnt seem to be any other mods that let you execute your own settelers (yes, im a sick f*#@)

• 2 months later...

For naming settlers, I can offer my mod.

For beds, there is this:

https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/7399/?

Doesn't work like in DCMS, though, it adds new bed objects instead, which are only usable by the player.

To get rid of corpses:

https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/21262/?

Allows you to butcher pretty much everything. However, you need to buy appropriate perk maganzines first (which is IMO a nice touch, but you might disagree)

For defense:

Well, I don't know if there is anything which adds that precise enemy tracking to make sure you actually get them.

But, this mod is useful:

https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/20137

It greatly increases the chance of settlements defending themselves if you aren't around, so you don't have to rush to help them anymore.

No idea about anything like these powers of the general, though. With SimSettlements, you can at least call everyone to you and highlight homeless/jobless settlers.

I used to be an avid DCMS user, but I also wanted to use Sim Settlements, which wasn't compatible. So for my current playthrough, I finally uninstalled DCMS and replaced it with Sim Settlements. I haven't looked back. Sure, there are a few things I miss about DCMS, but I can live without them.

DCMS greatly improved on Beth's poorly designed settlement building/management game dynamics. Sim Settlements, by comparison, reinvents the vanilla dynamics. On this playthrough, I'm enjoying building and managing my settlements in a way that didn't occur before, even with DCMS. So yes, it's a shame that DCMS is gone and probably won't be coming back, but life goes on. In Sim Settlements, we have a real game-changer of a mod, supported by a talented and dedicated author.

@pra: Thanks for bringing BS Defence to my attention. I've been looking for something like this for a while now, but somehow never came across this mod. Should prove very useful.