Fallout 4 has no hats really for the female npc ?

samosa4357

Fallout 4 has no hats really for the female npc ?

I guess there is room for someone to come up with a mod to do this. Fallout 4 styling is heavily influenced by the 40's to 60's period, so it is interesting that most of the hats are for men mostly. Those broad brim hats characteristic of the period worn by women are absent from the game. There are mods for female sexy clothing, and if you want your characters to be sluts and much worse, but i guess making those hats is hard work.

It is indeed hard work but you are more than welcome to give a try at making them yourself. Here are the links you will need:

https://www.blender.org/

http://niftools.sourceforge.net/wiki/NifSkope

http://niftools.sourceforge.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=5823

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/7957/?

As for your criticizing what other mod authors are making, I'm afraid you will not find that attitude very welcome on this forum, present company included.

I never noticed that, but you're right - I can't think of a single female hat in the vanilla game. I only play male characters, but I do like to dress up my harem of female companions. I guess I just totally bought into Beth's egalitarian wasteland chic.

Given that there have been no mods covering this so far, I suspect it must be a fairly tricky thing to do. You're probably better off putting this in the Mod Requests section.

You may also want to check out crimsonrider's 1950's Feminine Outfits mod, if you haven't already done so. Somewhere in the comments he mentions that he might consider reworking/retexuring the vanilla fedoras to give them a more feminine look.

Finally, google Allin Accessory. I think he's also present on this site, though I can't remember his user name. He's done some interesting stuff - no hats that I can remember, but earrings, feathery accessories, etc.

No. No one was criticizing the mod authours. As was pointed out by Mr. Samoasa the vast majority of hats in Fallout 4, with one or two exceptions for NPC's, are for men. My girl must wear the Dress Hat (fedora) or the Minuteman General Hat when she goes shopping so she can get better prices or when she wants to to talk to someone as either gives a +2 Charisma but they both appear odd on her. It's really odd that Bethesda didn't balance the two sexes clothing especially by adding hats for the ladies. I'm working on it, but the Creation Kit doesn't seem to like me very well.

The Rabbit

I never noticed this, but now that you've brought it to my attention, I can't help but notice it. Haaaaats

Â

Its actually strange that female hats were left out, because during the 50's , no lady was ever seen without her hat.

Although the female residents of sanctuary don't wear hats either.

I'm going to assume it's something to do with the interaction of hair models and hats. Many styles would clip through hats, with the lazy solution being to just remove the hair entirely under the hat, even tiny hats.

No. No one was criticizing the mod authours. As was pointed out by Mr. Samoasa the vast majority of hats in Fallout 4, with one or two exceptions for NPC's, are for men.

I would be hard pressed to think of even a single female hat. I guess one robot NPC in Far Harbor is the only exception. Short of destroying her, I don't think you can even get it. If you can get it at all. I wouldn't know.

I'm going to assume it's something to do with the interaction of hair models and hats. Many styles would clip through hats, with the lazy solution being to just remove the hair entirely under the hat, even tiny hats.

I don't think, the devs even bothered. The longer hairstyles are simply tugged under the hat in a manner of speaking. You couuld also say, they are reduced to two or three non clipping hairstyles by default.

I assume you guys are talking specifically about the "fancy" hats for female characters that would be the equivalent of the bowler, fedora, etc type thing? I miss those too. NV had a couple and they were pretty cool and both FO3 and NV had the pre-war bonnet.

I would consider most FO4 hats to be perfectly unisex, though. I'm a girl, always play girl characters and my characters often wear hats. A girl can legitimately wear most of the hats (militia, general, beanies, fisherman, baseball, that furry, earflap hat, etc). You don't have to be a guy to wear Ironsides hat and rock it. The general's hat is one of my faves. And the militia or military cap. They look great.

Re: hair models

Female vanilla hair meshes usually fit under hats (hair behind ears, bun moved further down to accommodate hat, etc) because beth makes hat-hair meshes to go with their hair meshes. The ultimate determiner of whether or not a hair disappears or clips is how you set it up in the CK. You can choose to have a hair clip or entirely disappear if you don't have a hat-hair mesh that works without clipping too severely. Modded hairs often clip or entirely disappear because they don't have a hat-hair mesh to use.