[WIP] Weapon Addition and Replacement Suite (WARS)

antistar

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hey, Merry Christmas everyone!

And surprise! I decided to release the M1911 as a standalone mod as kind of a Christmas present. I still don't plan to make a habit of this, sorry; like with the Thompson, it was a pain to do. I wanted to do something nice for people at the end of this awful year, though.

So I hope people like it, and here's hoping for a much better 2021.

- M1911 - WARS Standalone Weapon (M1911-WSW)

(Please let me know if you run into any problems with it. It was a bit of a scramble to get this out by Christmas Eve.)

Holy rabies!! Antistar did it again!! You self rule breaker you lol ;)

I'm thoroughly enjoying this as my new sidearm, downloaded, installed, came across Trashcan Carla and was like "you have M1911 for moi," 200 caps very realistic.

Happy holidays to you and yours and yes hopefully 2021 will be much better..for everyone.

Firstly, Merry Christmas and Happy New Year (and hoping that next year will be better) from me as well.

I did see the standalone 1911 the day you released it, though I was too busy (more like lazy, though I did legitimately have other things to do) to try it until about now.

Some comments on things that stuck out to me after trying it:

I did notice a mod conflict/incompatibility right away: if one uses the (3rd person) pistol animations from the "Tactical Flashlights" (https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/16172) (and I think the Pip-Boy Flashlight mod as well)

it causes characters to not hold the front grip on the gun if that's attached (instead the off-hand is floating uselessly a bit in front of the pistol's grip).

Now I'm not exactly bothered by this, as I was already considering uninstalling those animations and this simply pushed me over the edge, but I thought it might be worth bringing up.

When I first got ingame and got hold of a 1911, I was looking at it and wondering what that extra slide-stop was doing sitting on the right side of the slide.

Then I noticed that that's the selector lever for the full-auto receiver and I felt a bit silly.

In WARS it's going to be that one first choses the trigger group (with the semi/full one adding that selector onto the gun) and then one can switch between fire mode, yes? I'm just a bit unsure here in the 1911's case.

I had forgotten what the (barrels+)sights would be like, so I was pleasantly suprised that the glow sights are actually different instead of the common (still fine enough) "stick some glowy bits on the normal sights" deal

(and I was also glad that I could easily change the intensity on the glow sights in the CK as like on the vanilla weapons' and unlike some other mod weapons' glow sights).

Beyond that I don't have much to say on the mod, outside of that it's one of the best and highest quality pistol mods on the Fo4 Nexus (and it will ofc. likely be just as good or better as a part of WARS.),

and I'm quite happy to be able to play with it (and it also allows me to remove a handful of pistol mods (that this one thus replaces) from my fairly full load order, which is always good).

:smile:

Edited by Tenurialrope3

Hey Antistar, I'll be a patient caterpillar considering the quality these guns you released so far. But I was just wondering how is progress going for WARS also can you estimate percentage of how much is finished with the project, I'll be waiting anxiously for the big bomb of a mod drop.