[WIP] Weapon Addition and Replacement Suite (WARS)

antistar

Hey Antistar, I'll be a patient caterpillar considering the quality these guns you released so far. But I was just wondering how is progress going for WARS also can you estimate percentage of how much is finished with the project, I'll be waiting anxiously for the big bomb of a mod drop.

For the most part WARS is already done, least when it comes to art assets and what not, Antistars just waiting for the AmmoTweaks update to be released, Antistar intends on using the Ammotweaks update to be the framework for WARS, once it's out, integration, documentation and beta testing.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I did notice a mod conflict/incompatibility right away: if one uses the (3rd person) pistol animations from the "Tactical Flashlights" (https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/16172) (and I think the Pip-Boy Flashlight mod as well)

it causes characters to not hold the front grip on the gun if that's attached (instead the off-hand is floating uselessly a bit in front of the pistol's grip).

Now I'm not exactly bothered by this, as I was already considering uninstalling those animations and this simply pushed me over the edge, but I thought it might be worth bringing up.

That's a bit of a shame, but if that mod does something like replacing third-person animations for all pistols, it's bound to run into problems somewhere.

When I first got ingame and got hold of a 1911, I was looking at it and wondering what that extra slide-stop was doing sitting on the right side of the slide.

Then I noticed that that's the selector lever for the full-auto receiver and I felt a bit silly.

In WARS it's going to be that one first choses the trigger group (with the semi/full one adding that selector onto the gun) and then one can switch between fire mode, yes? I'm just a bit unsure here in the 1911's case.

Yes, in WARS, fire-mode options are usually on their own "Trigger Group" mod slot. A number of them (including the M1911) have the selector switch in the appropriate position when you switch fire-modes, too.

My understanding is that most select-fire M1911s are/were custom gunsmith jobs, so re-using that lever for the selector switch didn't feel too out of place here.

I had forgotten what the (barrels+)sights would be like, so I was pleasantly suprised that the glow sights are actually different instead of the common (still fine enough) "stick some glowy bits on the normal sights" deal

(and I was also glad that I could easily change the intensity on the glow sights in the CK as like on the vanilla weapons' and unlike some other mod weapons' glow sights).

How did you change the glow intensity in the CK? Or was it in Nifskope? Just wondering if there's something in the CK that I'm forgetting or don't know about there.

Beyond that I don't have much to say on the mod, outside of that it's one of the best and highest quality pistol mods on the Fo4 Nexus (and it will ofc. likely be just as good or better as a part of WARS.),

and I'm quite happy to be able to play with it (and it also allows me to remove a handful of pistol mods (that this one thus replaces) from my fairly full load order, which is always good).

:smile:

Thanks. It was a lot of work, overall. :)

Hey Antistar, I'll be a patient caterpillar considering the quality these guns you released so far. But I was just wondering how is progress going for WARS also can you estimate percentage of how much is finished with the project, I'll be waiting anxiously for the big bomb of a mod drop.

For the most part WARS is already done, least when it comes to art assets and what not, Antistars just waiting for the AmmoTweaks update to be released, Antistar intends on using the Ammotweaks update to be the framework for WARS, once it's out, integration, documentation and beta testing.

That's about the size of it. Even if I knew exactly when the AmmoTweaks update would release, any estimate I could give for WARS' release at this stage would just be a useless, made-up number. ;)

How did you change the glow intensity in the CK? Or was it in Nifskope? Just wondering if there's something in the CK that I'm forgetting or don't know about there.

Opening the omod / omod's file (would one call it a file (probably not)? I'm blanking on what else to call it. The screen where one edits the stat effects and ingame name (& such) of the omod is what I mean atleast.) in the CK,

clicking the "edit" option/button on the "Model" section/box on the left (the one below the "Name" section), enabling and then changing the "Colour Remapping Index" option

(1.0(000) & 0.0(000) respectively being most and least intense there. I usually set it to around 0.5(000)).

(Sorry if these instructions aren't good / are hard to follow.)

Now in my experience this isn't a fully consistent/reliable method; this option -seems- like it has an occasional risk of resetting when opening or using the CK (dunno what triggers it)

(so it's often good to double-check it before saving (any changes to) the plugin), and as I said, there are some glow sight setups in some mod weapons that it doesn't work at all on as far as I can tell.

Now, I didn't derive this method "from theory" (i.e. knowing what the Colour Remapping Index option actually IS); I simply read about it some year(s) ago and then started using it and it worked.

So I don't know if this works on optical/red-dot sights (or anything else) as well, or if there are any side effects or bugs (I (currently) only use it for glow sights, and I haven't noticed any issues besides the resetting

(which I'm not sure how real it is; never seems to happen if I try to induce it, so maybe I'm just screwing up somewhere and then being bad at troubleshooting (probably the case, really))),

but it does work fine the vast majority of the time as far as I can tell.

Edited by Tenurialrope3

Ah, interesting; I didn't know that that would influence glow sights like that. From a quick test it does influence reflex sights too.

I'd always assumed that the "colour remapping index" setting there was meant to be used with a palette texture to change the colour of something - like with the combat armour's omods - but I've never looked at it very closely.

It could be that it's a leftover from an earlier implementation though, since the palette colour changes look to be driven by fColorRemappingIndex property modifiers in the main omod window, rather than via the colour remapping index setting in the Model Data window.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

i know any hope of this would be super far away. But when wars is out and in a stable release version, would anyone on the team be willing to do a vr fix for it? probably would need a vr position fix to line up the position of the hand to the handhold of the guns.

i would be willing to donate a lenovo explorer 6dof vr headset for use with playtesting if so.

I'm actually planning to get a new computer sometime soon, since my current PC is seven years old - and after that I want to get a VR system. Probably a Quest 2.

So assuming that FO4 VR doesn't immediately make me vomit (I've had people tell me it can be pretty bad for simulation sickness), it may be that I'll work on VR compatibility for WARS myself.

I'm currently procrastinating a bit on getting the new PC though, because first I need to go over all the tools and programs and customisations I've made to my current setup over the years to make sure I don't lose anything important, and that's a big job.

Hey there. I haven't been in this forum of WARS for long time, but I did read that the progress is almost done for getting ready for the next phase of wip before beta testing. I'm very excited for that and even heard that ammo tweaks will be integrated to WARS. I do however have a question related to the ammotweaks where I did heard that it's still waiting for the updated version to be released. Is there an another plan or at least an backup plan if in case if it's likely that the ammotweaks may not be updated for another long time?