[WIP] Weapon Addition and Replacement Suite (WARS)

antistar

Currently bashing away at the Mossberg 590. Getting it to match up well enough to both DeadPool's Hunting Shotgun (since it'll ideally be using the same animations) and the weapon's real dimensions is tricky. The proportions of the resource were somewhat off in places, like I said earlier. I'm changing more of it than I'd initially expected to.

At this stage of a weapon port, it's amazing how much time goes into getting the dimensions and scale of everything right. It's made more important - and more difficult - by the modular weapon mod system. All these different attachments - often made for different weapons - all have to fit too.

On another topic, the possibility of a unique version of the Mossberg was brought up recently, and I do have an idea for one now. For the name and location, at least; "Tequila", found in a hospital probably. If you can name the reference, you'll win... not much, really. Likely a post from me saying "yep, you got it".

I'm working on Powered Power Armor right now. With the power armor changes in Fallout 4, there isn't much left for me to do, so it's mostly going to be the Thermal Regulation Override mod (power armor becomes faster and more powerful at the risk of overheating) and a jetpack overhaul.

Cool; I've always liked PPA too.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Speaking of pump action shenanigans; From an operational standpoint,what would modding the pump do? I doubt adding a vertical grip to the pump would provide a more stable firing platform; A pump moves,after all. From a gameplay standpoint,what would modding the pump do? Would extending the barrel also extend the tube? How would that impact pump time?

Also,as for the shotgun named Tequila in a hospital,here's my sole guess; Stranglehold? Probably miles off; Tequila used Berettas in that.

I don't really know the real-world benefits/drawbacks of a vertical-grip pump, but I'd imagine they'd require enough force to operate that they'd be steady enough to allow aiming while gripping them. It's academic here anyway; I'm not planning to incorporate a vertical-grip pump.

With the Mossberg, I am planning to have wood and polymer furniture options (stock + pump). That will likely affect weight and maybe refire rate and aim time. I'm planning three barrel options:

- Short barrel, short tube (5 rounds).

- Long barrel, short tube (5 rounds).

- Long barrel, long tube (8 rounds).

None of those will affect refire rate; the pump action is the same regardless of the tube magazine length, as far as I'm aware.

The long tube will accept under-barrel attachments though; bayonets, laser sight, tactical light. (Like the long barrels on the Mini-14 and USAS-12.)

Edit: Oh, and you're very close with that guess - but not quite right. ;)

Edited by antistar

Hard Boiled? That movie is a classic.

Sure is, and yep, you got it. ;)

In Hard Boiled, Chow Yun Fat as Tequila uses a Mossberg 590 in that amazing all-in-one-shot scene in the hospital. I need to watch Hard Boiled again; it's one of my favourite action movies of all time.

An MP5 is listed as a possibility in the OP - though WARS will have 9x19mm (via AmmoTweaks most likely), so it would use that rather than .45 ACP. The vanilla "SMG" is set to get new models (by sgtbarney) and textures (by me, once I finally get time), but it will still be a Tommy Gun.

Hard Boiled? That movie is a classic.

Sure is, and yep, you got it. :wink:

In Hard Boiled, Chow Yun Fat as Tequila uses a Mossberg 590 in that amazing all-in-one-shot scene in the hospital. I need to watch Hard Boiled again; it's one of my favourite action movies of all time.

awesome film, but I love the scene in the church in The Killer.

John Woo and Chow Yun Fat working together in perfect harmony.

it's nice to see them making decent money in Hollywood, but they made better films in China.

I don't think I saw this asked but I was wondering with the M590, will there be the options of rifle grip and pistol grip? Or do u want to just keep it one way with that. Really anticipating wars as is everyone else.

I love the dedication and work put into a much much needed replacer, seeing as I really cant stand using the vanilla ballistic weapons that look like generic "guns" from a kids game or something

awesome film, but I love the scene in the church in The Killer.

John Woo and Chow Yun Fat working together in perfect harmony.

it's nice to see them making decent money in Hollywood, but they made better films in China.

The Killer is great too; it and Hard Boiled are my favourite John Woo movies.

I don't think I saw this asked but I was wondering with the M590, will there be the options of rifle grip and pistol grip? Or do u want to just keep it one way with that. Really anticipating wars as is everyone else.

I love the dedication and work put into a much much needed replacer, seeing as I really cant stand using the vanilla ballistic weapons that look like generic "guns" from a kids game or something

Possibly. I don't know if the animations will fit a pistol grip - though that's off-screen in first-person, so that may not be that big a deal. If I go for it, grip options are planned to be:

- Sawn-off stock (wood, rifle grip)

- Full stock (wood, rifle grip)

- Pistol grip (polymer, Cruiser style)

- Full stock (polymer, rifle grip)