⚠ Known Issue: Media on User Profiles ×

Serious question about error warnings in CK

greekrage

Will this affect out mods in anyway? By that I mean, should I redo my settlement mods in this manner (I probably will anyways to overhaul them) to gain increased performance or stability or less errors? Some type of improvement I take it.

Chuck - I uninstalled Bethesda.net Launcher and Creation Kit and redid them both just in case I messed up the files.

In my case it points to C:\Games\Bethesda.net Launcher\games for the Creation Kit.

use the information to just load your mod and loose content and just save the file once then archive it again, this will include missing data.

NOTE: when you select the world space location you made in the cell window, do not double click it, do not render it in the ck's viewer window.You do that for ever new piece of content to reset the data correctly, you will notice a file size change too.

doing a reset off line rips out data. So you know.

link to mods please?

Edited by Purr4me

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not in C:\users, that's for sure.

You current security is null and void where it's at.

C:, D:, external root for steam and any name you wish but you would need to rename the current main steam folder so it does not launch and reinstall steam from the website thru your browser, then simply copy all the contents from where it's at to the new location. If you have ..lol, a few hundred games? your in for a day or 2 of transfers.

Or, get creative, build a library of steam installs and keep only the games your using to edit in separate locations.

steams install folder name does not need to be "steam", you can label it any way you want.

Mods in question:

Institute Concourse Settlement I want to make the CIT ruins above the Institute into the exterior settlement, and make the inside buildable (with as few edits as possible) and link the two workbenches to share inventory as well as clean up any mistakes I made from making the interior the settlement.

Crater of Atom Settlement So the plans for that is keep the Crater of Atom settlement, all the scrap cleared away and the Children of Atom beacon. I plan to add the Salem Crater House as a settlement, have all the vanilla Children of Atom factions allied to each other and player, and then fix the Kingsport Lighthouse so you don't have to kill the Children of Atom there to use the settlement.

In a separate plug-in, for Far Harbor users, I want to ally the main and Far Harbor Children of Atom factions, and make the Nucleus exterior a settlement with buildable interior and share workbenches.

That being said, if I use your method to redo the mods, is it safe to clean the plug-ins of identical to master references as well as undelete and disable references or should I leave stray edits alone?

The problem is all I have is C: because I run windows on a Bootcamp partition on a Mac. I do have one cross platform Firewire drive but it's really old and I don't trust it.

That's a different story ,one I don't want to deal with, I am sorry but apple machines are another animal best not messed with.

Now the path makes more sense. You placed too much faith in a machine for gaming.

I have no advice other than using a usb method and knowing apple? man what a mess.