Looooooooong delay in scripted actions (script lag?!)

topeira

Steve40 knows way more about scripting than I do for sure, but from what little I do know, I think the problem will just eventually come back and can't be resolved until the mod author fixes their script. What you did is probably just a temporary fix.

that might be the case indeed, but it took me more than 100 hours to get to a point where this became a problem. even if i will need to fix this once every 25 hours just be cleaning the spawns made by the mod (a 10 seconds workaround) or by uninstalling the mod and reinstalling it (a 15 minutes workaround) than i will gladly do it as many times as needed.

its a small price to pay for such an important mod.

thanks again for both of you. :)

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, is there a way to remove the loop?

Because this problem is going to constantly happen because the mod spawns mobs, and then, after they're killed, the mod 'cleans them up' after so many seconds/minutes defined by the user.

And if you use a clean up mod like "Don't call me settler" that will burn all the dead bodies in your settlement and turn them to ashpiles, then the endless warfare script is never going to find the actors to 'clean up'

Same would happen if you fed the bodies through a processor in the Contraptions DLC, as the Contraption DLC would remove the body, and then once again the endless warefar script would end up endlessly looking to clean up yet another actor it can't find.

Ideally the mod author would rewrite that part of the script with a sanity check. Short of that, I guess don't use any other methods to remove the bodies.

Currently I have the "Clean up" part of the mod turned off.

While this is OK in settlements, where I can toss the bodies on my network of conveyor belts to be made into Soylent Green, it will catch up with me out in the wasteland where the bodies will add up, unless the game has a built in 'clean up' routine. Cell Reset?

Also, the mod author isn't going to update the mod, or fix it, he's a "one and done" mod author, he did the same mod for FONV, released it, and disappeared, just like he did with Endless Warfare.

However, if some scripting genius could look at the code and write the insanity check, I'd add it myself to the mod

He claimed to have fixed it in the last update.. and oddly enough, disappeared after.

Yeah I used this mod before and it had HUGE promise, and the stack dumping destroyed the save with which it was associated. What sucks is, this is available for Xbox One.. it is no doubt in my mind any issues reported by Xbox One users can be traced back to this mod.

Edited by Lisselli

He claimed to have fixed it in the last update.. and oddly enough, disappeared after.

Yeah I used this mod before and it had HUGE promise, and the stack dumping destroyed the save with which it was associated. What sucks is, this is available for Xbox One.. it is no doubt in my mind any issues reported by Xbox One users can be traced back to this mod.

Aw, darn it.

The only choices are WOTC and Endless Warfare, there hasn't been a comprehensive Extra Spawn mod like Marts Monster Mod etc for Fallout 4, and it REALLY needs it, the default world is completely barren.

hmm happened to me too.

I experienced a long delay when activating stuffs like bullet time hotkeyed to "1" and etc.

I solved it by deactivating/uninstalling mods 1 by 1 that I recently downloaded/installed before I experienced the problem.

with that process I noticed that the mod "Multiple followers mod" :http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/19774/? is causing the problem. so I uninstalled it and the delay is gone.

Upon looking at your load order(which I'm really not familiar with esp names, I didn't see this mod on your load order. but I noticed the infinite ammo esp which is also a part of the mod I mentioned. maybe try uninstalling that?

I'm not sure though. just trying to help using what I experienced.

hmm happened to me too.

I experienced a long delay when activating stuffs like bullet time hotkeyed to "1" and etc.

I solved it by deactivating/uninstalling mods 1 by 1 that I recently downloaded/installed before I experienced the problem.

with that process I noticed that the mod "Multiple followers mod" :http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/19774/? is causing the problem. so I uninstalled it and the delay is gone.

Upon looking at your load order(which I'm really not familiar with esp names, I didn't see this mod on your load order. but I noticed the infinite ammo esp which is also a part of the mod I mentioned. maybe try uninstalling that?

I'm not sure though. just trying to help using what I experienced.

Steve40 was able to discover the exact mod that was causing the original poster's problems from the papyrus logs, it was Endless Warfare.