Creation Kit - Today?

barthigi

• Replies 390
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Strange how people's experience varies, I have found Skyrim to be by far the buggiest of the bethesda Games that I have played. Roll on the CS, but I am certainly not expecting it before 2nd week of January.

English language fail :P

"Beginning in January" means "From January onwards", nor "At the beginning of January".

Furthermore, keep unforseen delays in mind... I'll be happy if we get it ANYTIME this month, sadly.

Edited by Valamyr

why do we need the ck which will force us to open steam just to mod the game.

skse, dragonscript, skyedit, other alternatives...

I hope it takes them another month to release it because by then the community will have already made not only new functional game code that is far beyond the original we probably will ever see in a patch and tools that will be better than the ck.

my opinion since the ck has been out in all beth titles on day one is that the only reason it is not released is so steam can be fully embedded and integrated into it...

we dont really need more steam forced on us and the community has already fixed and optimized code fixed game bugs and even without the ck has models going. once skyedit and other alternatives get in and fully recognize the scrambled hex we are set without the ck.

I hope it takes them another month to release it because by then the community will have already made not only new functional game code that is far beyond the original we probably will ever see in a patch and tools that will be better than the ck.

We can't script without the toolkit. It generally becomes easier to work with. The Steam part is a negative, I agree, but otherwise the toolkit gives us a door down to the core, instead of us having to bash our way down.