Creation Kit - Today?

barthigi

• Replies 390
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well you never know, like I said they've broken their word repeatedly: first the CK was supposed to be released with the game. Definitely did not happen. Then it was supposed to be "soon after Skyrim was released" (over two months and counting is not "soon" imo). Then it was supposed to be between late November to early December. The given dates came and went. Didn't happen. *sigh* It's not a healthy thing they're doing to the fan base.

Not sure where you are getting that they broke their word, they never said by xxx date, ever. They said they hoped and would try, but never gave any due by date at all. They never committed to any date in Nov or Dec either. And in relative terms, we are still at the "soon after release" point.

IMO, the only unhealthy thing happening is some users expectations.

Well since the game was released so close to Christmas it's a terrible shame they didn't try to get the CK out for the holidays, before a lot of people have final exams and projects and stuff.

And like I keep saying, I don't see why they won't just hand out the program they already used to build the game with. ..

Plus, they've been completely and totally silent about it for some time now...

Edited by Lehcar

you see the CK is their oldest piece of software, and was used to build the game with, they shouldnt need to polish it, they are neutering it.. hopefully not breaking it with adding in the workshop crap.

I would have thought that a complex piece of software that works OK in an office running a single OS, full of programmers and IT support would need some work before it could be sent out to amateurs working alone and using almost infinite combinations of equipment and operating systems.

you see the CK is their oldest piece of software, and was used to build the game with, they shouldnt need to polish it, they are neutering it.. hopefully not breaking it with adding in the workshop crap.

I would have thought that a complex piece of software that works OK in an office running a single OS, full of programmers and IT support would need some work before it could be sent out to amateurs working alone and using almost infinite combinations of equipment and operating systems.

What kind of work? QA? We are talking BGS here, they don't seem to do QA on PCs. :tongue:

The CS/GECK works pretty good on a broad spectrum of PC hardware, Since those 2 tools sets are so undeiably similar... yeah I don't expect the CK need 3 months of work when the main code base is probably still identical and with an office full of programmers

I expect the bulk of the work would be removing and neutering the many 3rd party softwares they had integrated into their dev version. They just don't have the license rights to distribute that stuff, and of course adding in this steam workshop thing. Then seeing if it still works...

Edited by Ghogiel

Honestly you should stop backing them up. when todd goes prancing aroung giving us bs about how the ck will probably be released with skyrim on release you either expect him to release it or to stop lying to us. Secondly other than the amazing game they made i cant see y everyone thinks bethesda is so involved with there community, have a look at their posts at the bethskyrim forums.they only have two posts on the creation kit. We bought the game expecting the ck thats all we asked for, and your comment about how lovely bethesda is for never telling us when the most important component of skyrim is going to be released. Its people like you that arent helping, taking the pressure of bethesda.

Fact: They never promised the toolset by any date prior to the last of December.

Fact: They announced the toolset will be released in January.

Fact: It's still January.

Fact: I never said anything about about how they are or aren't involved with the community.

Fact: I never commented in anyway on how lovely they are.

Fact: Neither on the box or in the Skyrim user guide, no where does it say that the toolset is included with your "purchase".

Fact: It's people like you who aren't helping things because of your overblown sense of entitlement and expectations.

Do us all a favor and have a chill, you aren't making much sense with your inaccurate statements and twisted views.

sorry for having expections i just thought that the ridiculous price of 60$ would have entitled me to an opinion but obviously thats not the case according to you. your acting as if the rich business guys are the good guys.i believe with my full heart in the beth team and all their designers but my problem is with the fact that your here posting about how they're doing nothing wrong while the buseniss men funding the game are taking there time to release so they can mop up some extra cash. ive been working in the the game biz for last few years and believe me that you realize that something wont be done on time months in advance of the release, therefor my problem is how todd tells us "we expect the ck to be released with the game" while he knows it wont. in the end they will have earned tonnes of money, its all about profit and not about he community.

(i remember the day when good games where packaged in big cardboard cases not cheap ass plastic)