Creation Kit - Today?

barthigi

Why do people keep saying "at this price" like it has been the industry standard for almost 8 years now?

Because most people are not rich and can't spend 60 bucks for every game they would like to play, you have to choose which one you want to buy, personnaly I buy 2 or 3 games each year, and life duration is an important criteria, it's a waste of money to pay this price for a game you won't play anymore after 10 hours I think.

Edited by draenn

• Replies 390
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Because most people are not rich and can't spend 60 bucks for every game they would like to play, you have to choose which one you want to buy, personnaly I buy 2 or 3 games each year, and life duration is an important criteria, it's a waste of money to pay this price for a game you won't play anymore after 10 hours I think.

I'm not rich either.

Based on rough price/content ratios of old games, games nowadays are almost stupidly cheap. Hell I am surprised they don't charge upwards of 70 dollars for games.

Well I am glad over gotten over 300 hours in Skyrim ,its paid for itself many times over. At this point its basically charity that they are giving the CK away for free.

Edited by sajuukkhar9000

I really don't know where people get the idea that Bethesda or any game developer doesn't owe us anything. As consumers, they owe it to us to make good on their promises since they are a business and are seeking to get our money now and in the future. It would be like going to Coldstone and asking for a Cheesecake Fantasy and only getting the cheesecake ice cream and no pie crust strawberries or blueberries. Of course the ice cream is still good but it also said I would get those other things too.

Yes, it was promised and guaranteed. Check your sources b4 posting...

Looks over the EULA of Skyrim, on the receipt for the game, on the Steam page, on the official game page..... nope, there is no "with this purchase you are guaranteed a creation kit" anywhere.

Unless you are referring to something the devs said in interviews which is NOT a binding agreement in any way shape or form, nor can they be held accountable for it because plans change, nor does it have anything to do with what I said which was "AT PURCHASE".

Remember that "you can alter the economy of Skyrim by doing odd jobs" promise?

Remember how that isn't in the game?

did they lie by not putting it in the game? NOPE. All that happened was plans changed.

Edited by sajuukkhar9000

Also I don't understand why so many people are fighting to get the point across that the CK won't come out. I can only assume a few things.

1) They are console gamers and are just sour that they don't get to reap the benefits.

2) They just like to crap on everyone else's good time.

3) They are Zenimax moles placed within the community to start convincing us all its never coming out little by little to avoid a great upheaval.

I am glad the CK will come out eventually.

I am just tied of this entitlement people think they have were "UNLESS ITS OUT ON JANURARY 1ST at 12:01AM BETHESDA LIED TO US ABOUT IT COMING OUT IN JANURARY", and "THEY AREN'T RELEASING IT WHEN WE WANT IT IS NEVER COMING OUT WAAAAAA!!!!"

Edited by sajuukkhar9000

did they lie by not putting it in the game? NOPE. All that happened was plans changed.

Actually that is in the game. If you chop firewood and sell it in Riverwood, all the merchants have more gold after a while.

Goes back to that "check your sources" thing.

Actually that is in the game. If you chop firewood and sell it in Riverwood, all the merchants have more gold after a while.

Goes back to that "check your sources" thing.

I have read several people say it didn't do anything, must be bugged in some cases like everything else in the rest of the game.

Edited by sajuukkhar9000