Creation Kit - Today?

barthigi

did they lie by not putting it in the game? NOPE. All that happened was plans changed.

unless they knew, then it's not a lie.

The thing is at some point they did know, and of course they would never say so before the games release and correct their own misinformation. :down:

Edit: I haven't noticed it if it is true. just saying.

Edited by Ghogiel

• Replies 390
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Amateur armchair psycho analysis is practiced by those who feel inferior in order to gain a false sense of superiority.

Ok this is just my opinion but it's every bit as valid as that last declaration.

Except I wasn't performing any form of psycho analysis I was stating a scientific fact.

nice attempt though.

So that means myrmaad is the only one performing the psycho analysis; I see what you did there saj.

You can affect the economy. When you buy things your money goes down and you have less purchasing power and the person you bought from has more purchasing power. When the other person has purchasing power you can convince them to purchase the junk you don't want and would just throw into hammer space so it isn't cluttering your inventory or house.

You can also kill people which always affects the economy.

The toolset was not part of anyone's "purchase", no matter what version or price that was paid for it. They are (as they always have) providing the toolset as a free add-on and are in no way way legally obligated to do so. They do so for many reasons, first and foremost to extend the life and profitability of the product. They don't (or ever did) provide the toolset out of some sense of appreciation or responsibility to a small portion of their customers, it is and always will be about keeping the doors open, the lights on, and the employees paid.

Reality in motion! :biggrin:

Also its a form of residual income for Beth. They make the game one time and the tooset...mods are then made by..well us...and a game that would otherwise not generate many sales after a small period goes on to sell copies year after year without any further effort of Bethesda's part. Good for us...genius for them.:thumbsup:

Also its a form of residual income for Beth. They make the game one time and the tooset...mods are then made by..well us...and a game that would otherwise not generate many sales after a small period goes on to sell copies year after year without any further effort of Bethesda's part. Good for us...genius for them.

Pretty much this. I don't think I would even be willing to play the game to completion without being able to modify at least a few essential things (as well as the non-essential fluff that makes it so much more fun). I deliberately didn't play the game until ~2 months over release so that there could be some basic fixes and mods available.

The toolset was not part of anyone's "purchase", no matter what version or price that was paid for it. They are (as they always have) providing the toolset as a free add-on and are in no way way legally obligated to do so. They do so for many reasons, first and foremost to extend the life and profitability of the product. They don't (or ever did) provide the toolset out of some sense of appreciation or responsibility to a small portion of their customers, it is and always will be about keeping the doors open, the lights on, and the employees paid.

I believe there is a case for false advertising if that is all it was, an advertising ruse.. I wouldn't have bought the game if there was no mention of the CK and mods, being a feature they did in fact advertise.

I believe there is a case for false advertising if that is all it was, an advertising ruse.. I wouldn't have bought the game if there was no mention of the CK and mods, being a feature they did in fact advertise.

Marketing hype will never be seen in the legal system as false advertising. True false advertising is a missing feature(s) from the product that are detailed to be included in the products official release description (on the companies site or in the products user guide) and/or on the physical box. Simply claiming that a toolset will be released (for free even) would only be skating on the outskirts of false advertising if it was detailed as an official feature of the product and part of what comes with the purchasing the license.

It also can't be considered false advertising because they are indeed going to release it, they just have yet to commit to any specific date. Theres also the little detail of fitness issues that can always push a release date back.

Marketing hype will never be seen in the legal system as false advertising. True false advertising is a missing feature(s) from the product that are detailed to be included in the products official release description (on the companies site or in the products user guide) and/or on the physical box. Simply claiming that a toolset will be released (for free even) would only be skating on the outskirts of false advertising if it was detailed as an official feature of the product and part of what comes with the purchasing the license.

It also can't be considered false advertising because they are indeed going to release it, they just have yet to commit to any specific date. Theres also the little detail of fitness issues that can always push a release date back.

http://legal-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com/False+Advertising

I said it somewhere else (but I can't remember for the life of me where) this:

Bethesda's just taking their sweet time. I can't really fault them for that, but they need to be more vocal as to why. The silence is scaring people. Also, I agree that if there was to be no CK I wouldn't have bought the game either. The Construction Kit was something they always seem to remember to mention in some offside conversation, and I'll be damned if it's not a part of my purchase. After-release patches are part of your purchases, are they not? Otherwise, I could see you being charged for them. The CK is the lifeblood of the Elder Scrolls and new-Fallout series and not releasing it would be cutting their own neck.