Skyrim vanilla or Skyrim Special Edition

Svarock91

SE does look and play better with mods than the 32-bit version. It's sort of like being able to tell the difference between a song that is mp3 and CD quality - there is definitely a difference if you listen closely.

Of course not every author is going to be on board with making sure all their work translates. Personally, I had a lot more fun playing the revamped 64 version and trying out less of the ported mods than I ever did with 32 for some reason. Hmmm go figure :/

SE does look and play better with mods than the 32-bit version. It's sort of like being able to tell the difference between a song that is mp3 and CD quality - there is definitely a difference if you listen closely.

Of course not every author is going to be on board with making sure all their work translates. Personally, I had a lot more fun playing the revamped 64 version and trying out less of the ported mods than I ever did with 32 for some reason. Hmmm go figure :/

I simply cannot stomach the horrible UI in vanilla skyrim, so, unless/until SKSE, and SkyUI become available, I am going to skip SE.

I simply cannot stomach the horrible UI in vanilla skyrim, so, unless/until SKSE, and SkyUI become available, I am going to skip SE.

Yes, it is very terrible. But the good news is that in another month or two you won't be able to make that excuse anymore.

Yes, it is very terrible. But the good news is that in another month or two you won't be able to make that excuse anymore.

And it pleases me to hear that. :D

Skyrim Vanilla is 1.9.xx... I've been playing Skyrim: SE since they gave it to anyone with all the DLCs. I'm still not seeing a lot of differences that make it seem to be life like images like in the game "RAGE" 64 Bit version did.

When Skyrim: SE is patched so I can load it without a whole bunch of Unofficial patches for it I may go over to Skyrim: SE all the way. For now... I've reached level 64 in Skyrim Vanilla 1.9.xxx.

• 2 months later...

Oldrim wins hands down with the mods. Once skse64 and a larger mod base are available and stable for SE, that probably won't be the case, but it looks like that is going to be quite a ways off at this moment!