I REMEMBER WHEN

Maharg67

I remember when I walked along the beach on one freezing day in December. I remember the cold ocean water running up to my feet and falling back, only to hurry back. I remember the cold wind coming in off the ocean waves nipping and biting at my face. I remember feeling this wind sending my hair flying about and dancing becoming tangled and messy. I can remember laughing at this wind and smiling welcoming the harsh cold, knowing a new year was on its way. Edited by Brittn

I remember when I decided I wanted a dog. I remember how many things I had to learn to keep it healthy. I remember how many times I nearly lost him because of his own rambunctious behavior. I remember training him using every know trick I could learn from all the books I could find on training pet.

I remember walking with him thinking that he had learned not to stray to far from me without his leash. He bounded around me and would take off like a bullet at times. I thought it was to tease me. I decided because he did that I would call him, "Bullet."

I remember a walk I took with him, and as usual I saw him dash ahead. I remember as we neared the end of a path leading to a look out point over the river in Spokane, Washington. I saw him bound up to the stones that were laid to provide a safe wall to look out over the Bowl and Pitcher.

I saw him leap up and disappear over that wall. I rushed forward and saw him bounce down on the crag jutting rocks, over and over, off toward the swift current. I remember I hollered his name as though it would stop the black lab from crashing down further. Bullet! BULLET!

I remember darting around the stone fences edge's safety, finding the first deer path I could, and ran careless down toward the raging river. I remember thinking nothing of my own life while I tried to find him and give him help. After time slowed and I no longer had any hope I remember I punished myself, mindful of my stupidity, and I cried walking slowly back to the parking area. I remember moaning his name like a mule and weeping. I remember everyone who face I saw who looked at me thought I had gone crazy as they heard me repeating the dogs name, "Bullet" over and over.

I remember walking up the parks path to the indoor toilet's where I was going dry my tears and wash my face.

I remember looking at the concrete path as I walked up a short slope toward it. I remember the water on the path near my feet which was odd for a hot summer day. I remember the joy I felt when I saw him sitting dripping wet there looking at me for help.

I remember gently taking that bit mutt in my arm's and carrying him to the 1972 Mazda RX2 and placing him gently in the car seat and berating him for running off like that. I said, "I'll bet you never want to rush away from me like that again?"

I remember taking him directly to a veterinarian and getting him X-Ray's. The veterinarian said he was lucky and did not have any broken bones, but gave him a shot of something called, "silicone" which he said would keep him from being to sore and stiff.

I remember he isn't with me anymore. But I still enjoyed Bullet's company when he was.

I remember walking through an empty, smashed city where people had died. It was my city but disaster had come and with it, abrupt savage change. It was quiet, there being only traffic in the distance. It was a lesson that nothing is truly permanent and that sudden change is always possible. Edited by Maharg67

I remember my first day as a pauper on the street trying to use a dime I had to buy a bundle of news paper's so I could sell them on the street to passer's by for a dime a piece so I could afford a room somewhere else than at my parent's wrecked home.

I remember talking with my best friend's, while we shared thinking out loud, sharing how we would make a place for our selves so we could all be one big happy family.

With a cry of pleasure I leapt upon the back of a great furious dragon and we flew up into the sky above the mighty castle like city. In my majestic looking magical power armour I held aloft my standard and then we flew heartily upon our glorious mission. Dragon delivered fresh pizzas, cooked fresh in a wood fired oven, we fly it to you within thirty minutes or you get the pizza for free and neither the dragon, or dragon rider, get a tip. Edited by Maharg67

I remember when I lost my Grandfather. I read his journal 100's of times over, and still wear his dogtags that were recovered. Or 1 anyway, the other is pinned into my dorm's wall with his combat knife. Just happened last year. I was closer to him then I was with my mom.

I remember when I injured my toe. Just yesterday. Cut it wide open, and had to call 911 as it didn't stop bleeding. Guess where I am now as I type this?