Would you like to see co-op added to Elder Scrolls?

Daggdag

While TES Online is a good game, I personally think MMO does not quite fit the franchise. However, I do like the idea of allowing small parties to play together in the single player games.

I think the best way to do this would be the way they do it in Guild Wars. Major cities act as player hubs where players can meet and trade goods and form parties. Outside of the cities, you play single player or with a party of up to 4 players.

I feel confident that this would require an entire new game engine as I doubt the current one can possibly be modified to allow what you just described. I could be very wrong about this.

However, this would be a very cool idea if it could be implemented. Right now though, the only mod that comes even vaguely close is Tamriel Online -a mod that uses a server/client setup to allow another player to connect to your game via LAN. The mod author has renovated the mod several times and it seems to be working much better now. Here's a video by Brodual on it for a better explanation.

For my part... No. I would not. At least not in the core games. Spinoffs with a different focus, premise or style? Sure. But co-op or small-scale multiplayer in the main games comes with too many conceptual, technical and balance tradeoffs that i think would negatively impact the end product. Co-op and small scale multiplayer is fantastic, if done properly, and if implemented in the right kind of game. Main title TES aren't the right type of game.

Elder Scrolls VI would be best to be kept single player. If they try to add co-op then they might make some quests that are best done co-op which would ruin the game for a lot of people.

It would be nice to see an Elder Scrolls game which is Co-op though similar to the main Elder Scrolls game though not like ESO but it shouldn't replace the main games.