⚠ Known Issue: Media on User Profiles ×

Staff Picks - 21 Dec 16

TheTokenGeek

In response to post #45876510. #45887025, #45890150 are all replies on the same post.

ZZZ02 wrote: Sigh why did I have to get a 32 bit windows all the good games are 64 bit. I could upgrade since it is capable of 64bit but it will be such a pain to backup and reinstall everything...
JimmyRJump wrote: You'll also need a new license key for the 64-bits version. There's only one license per DVD that has both versions. Not a case of 32-bits "and" 64-bits, but of 32-bits "or" 64-bits...
copperhamster wrote: If it's Windows 8-10 the keys are bit version agnostic. Windows 7 might be able to flex key, I'm not sure.

Yeah I looked into this a LOT since my rig is 64 compatible and I know it requires separate purchases, installations and licensees I am still so tempted but in addition to the cost and the fact that my labtop is old and "beyond well used" and on it's last legs it may not be worth it. I will wait until I can get the cash to buy a new one hopeful with windows 7 64 Tried windows 8 and it was a PIA.

Oh well it was a gift and it has given me fun years I think it is 4 or 5 years old. it is the same one that I started doing PC gaming (at least a year later [still hate WASD in some games]) eventually discovering mods and what eventually got me to reach out online and discover this amazing community edit ugh I sound like a damn cliche

@copperhamster I feel like a dunce I don't understand what you are trying to say here. Edited by ZZZ02

In response to post #45876510. #45887025, #45890150, #45908310 are all replies on the same post.

ZZZ02 wrote: Sigh why did I have to get a 32 bit windows all the good games are 64 bit. I could upgrade since it is capable of 64bit but it will be such a pain to backup and reinstall everything...
JimmyRJump wrote: You'll also need a new license key for the 64-bits version. There's only one license per DVD that has both versions. Not a case of 32-bits "and" 64-bits, but of 32-bits "or" 64-bits...
copperhamster wrote: If it's Windows 8-10 the keys are bit version agnostic. Windows 7 might be able to flex key, I'm not sure.
ZZZ02 wrote: Yeah I looked into this a LOT since my rig is 64 compatible and I know it requires separate purchases, installations and licensees I am still so tempted but in addition to the cost and the fact that my labtop is old and "beyond well used" and on it's last legs it may not be worth it. I will wait until I can get the cash to buy a new one hopeful with windows 7 64 Tried windows 8 and it was a PIA.

Oh well it was a gift and it has given me fun years I think it is 4 or 5 years old. it is the same one that I started doing PC gaming (at least a year later [still hate WASD in some games]) eventually discovering mods and what eventually got me to reach out online and discover this amazing community edit ugh I sound like a damn cliche

@copperhamster I feel like a dunce I don't understand what you are trying to say here.

Just get a new pc IF you can. Looks like pouring money into something that old (in technology terms 5 years is an abyss) is simply not worth it.

In response to post #45876510. #45887025, #45890150, #45908310, #45909460 are all replies on the same post.

ZZZ02 wrote: Yeah I looked into this a LOT since my rig is 64 compatible and I know it requires separate purchases, installations and licensees I am still so tempted but in addition to the cost and the fact that my labtop is old and "beyond well used" and on it's last legs it may not be worth it. I will wait until I can get the cash to buy a new one hopeful with windows 7 64 Tried windows 8 and it was a PIA.

@copperhamster I feel like a dunce I don't understand what you are trying to say here.
seba1337 wrote: Just get a new pc IF you can. Looks like pouring money into something that old (in technology terms 5 years is an abyss) is simply not worth it.

7 is normally not flex for consumers or small businesses.

In response to post #45876510. #45887025, #45890150, #45908310, #45909460, #45914560 are all replies on the same post.

seba1337 wrote: Just get a new pc IF you can. Looks like pouring money into something that old (in technology terms 5 years is an abyss) is simply not worth it.
jc9542 wrote: 7 is normally not flex for consumers or small businesses.

No laptop will ever compare to a desktop RAW GPU power... save the money for something more important.

I started playing FO4 on my ROG i7 laptop... After 3 months... Bought a new desktop with Twin GTX 980Ti in SLI... never went back to the laptop... ;)

In response to post #45876510. #45887025, #45890150, #45908310, #45909460, #45914560, #45936780 are all replies on the same post.

AWARHERO wrote: No laptop will ever compare to a desktop RAW GPU power... save the money for something more important.

I started playing FO4 on my ROG i7 laptop... After 3 months... Bought a new desktop with Twin GTX 980Ti in SLI... never went back to the laptop... ;)

But nothing beats being able to play on the couch or in the "Game room" at my university inbetween classes ;)

In response to post #45876510. #45887025, #45890150, #45908310, #45909460, #45914560, #45936780, #45938365 are all replies on the same post.

AWARHERO wrote: No laptop will ever compare to a desktop RAW GPU power... save the money for something more important.

ZZZ02 wrote: But nothing beats being able to play on the couch or in the "Game room" at my university inbetween classes ;)

Having a good rig beats that my a long shot

In response to post #45876510. #45887025, #45890150, #45908310, #45909460, #45914560, #45936780, #45938365, #45947040 are all replies on the same post.

ZZZ02 wrote: But nothing beats being able to play on the couch or in the "Game room" at my university inbetween classes ;)
Jinxxed0 wrote: Having a good rig beats that my a long shot

have to disagree here =) Laptops can compare to desktops just depends what you get.. Edited by Tyerial12

In response to post #45876510. #45887025, #45890150, #45908310, #45909460, #45914560, #45936780, #45938365, #45947040, #45950620 are all replies on the same post.

I started playing FO4 on my ROG i7 laptop... After 3 months... Bought a new desktop with Twin GTX 980Ti in SLI... never went back to the laptop... :wink:
ZZZ02 wrote: But nothing beats being able to play on the couch or in the "Game room" at my university inbetween classes :wink:
Jinxxed0 wrote: Having a good rig beats that my a long shot
Tyerial12 wrote: have to disagree here =) Laptops can compare to desktops just depends what you get..

why the f*#@ would you buy windows? thepiratebay.se

Banned - TVD.