ℹ️ Intermittent Download History issues ×

[WIPz] Skyrim Script Extender (SKSE64)

behippo

Truly, I care NOT if SKSE 64 will released soon or... at all!!!!!

I'm modding since November... I've f*cked up and "killed" the game and I restarted from scratch, over and over and over again... for 30+ times by now!

I made it (with MO) and successfully finished the "STEP Project" for SLE, and then after many times (and f*cked-up the game) I made it with "Skyrim S.E.P.T.I.M." in SSE...

...Now, I have MY OWN guide ("BOSS" project) with 220+ mods installed with NMM and... over 70+ "Oldrim" mods "drag-dropped" into Data folder.

The game now (SSE, my personal copy with my guide), is unbelievable amazing ("eyecandy", super immersive, very challenging, lot AI/combat stuff, many extra "DLC"s, etc)... without the damn SKSE 64!

The ONLY thing I'm missing so far (without SKSE) is... the full function of SkyUI (I mean the MCM)... the "Simply Knock" superb immersive mod... the "Deadly Dragons" (amazing)... and 1-2 more.

But even so, I don't care much if SKSE will released for SSE.

The game now, after so many tries, after so many failures, now... I made it superb and I'm fine with it:

http://imgur.com/a/qPvwy

• Replies 885
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

While I do agree. You must understand they are still recreating and modding many older TES games. Including building from scratch a new Morrowind engine. Skyrim modding is not going anywhere and it is sarcasm. A point many missed out on.

@grc472. It was sarcasm. If anyone was insulted I cannot help that. But have you even though perhaps it is insulting to modders like behippo or ianpatt to see so many people needlessly complain and say things like "If you aren't going to do it give it to someone that will"?

How again can that NOT be construed as ignorant rambling or insulting to them? It goes both ways. Please try not to moralize with me on this I disagree heartily. I call it as I see it. I never once called someone a name or said "Give the SKSSE64 work to someone else".

That is more offensive than what I said and I have read every response over 55 pages, you should consider the same and get some context to what is said rather than simply the latest page friend. I'm out. This thread is too negative. But I am willing to wait for SKSSE64 - you and everyone will need to as well despite what is said. There simply is no other choice and venting by not reading the thread or the April 1st update does NO person posting any favors to the ones that have read the thread.

@KainThePheonix, I haven't taken sides but I have read the entire thread all along and it's clear that most if not all of the insults have come from people on one side. It's fine for people to disagree, but they should try to be civil about it. I guess in your mind describing people as "little kids" is not the same as calling them a name? I disagree.

FYI, the oldrim version of SKSE does include the sources in the archive. Someone also uploaded that version to github.

I haven't looked at it ... but I have done other sorts of reverse engineering and can easily imagine that someone who wanted to pick this up would discover that figuring out how to tie into the skyrim binary and how to modify its C++ objects would be many many man months or years of effort. I expect that the effort is almost all about playing detective with the skyrim internals and not that much about writing code.

So, unless the SKSE authors announce they're dropping the project or many more months go by, I'd suggest against diving into this.

Thanks for the heads up! This is the source you were talking about, right? https://github.com/NightQuest/SKSE

I guess that must be the source that the other person used in order to come up with the alternative 64 bit SKSE. Of course, they got shut down by the SKSE team, so that's not an option. I will still definitely be digging into this. While I don't really have the appetite for rebuilding SKSE for a 6 year old game at this point, I will make sure I understand the logic so that when the next Elder Scrolls game is released, I'll be ready :)

I understand that there are some strong opinions in here but can we try to keep it civil? It would really suck to have this thread locked, some useful information does come out of it (like the Github tip)

@grc472 - I call it as I see it. I find the comment about "hand it over for someone else to work on" and variations of this comment offensive. No, little kids is referring to people much younger than myself is not an insult. There is simply no reason for people to be petulant. The work will be finished when it is finished. It would be better if the thread were locked instead of 5 pages of one person arguing about handing the work off to someone else.

FYI, the oldrim version of SKSE does include the sources in the archive. Someone also uploaded that version to github.

Thanks for the heads up! This is the source you were talking about, right? https://github.com/NightQuest/SKSE

The download from official silverlock SKSE site has the always included the source AFAIK, the github upload looks like some kind of "unofficial" mirror...

I guess that must be the source that the other person used in order to come up with the alternative 64 bit SKSE. Of course, they got shut down by the SKSE team, so that's not an option. I will still definitely be digging into this. While I don't really have the appetite for rebuilding SKSE for a 6 year old game at this point, I will make sure I understand the logic so that when the next Elder Scrolls game is released, I'll be ready :smile:

I understand that there are some strong opinions in here but can we try to keep it civil? It would really suck to have this thread locked, some useful information does come out of it (like the Github tip)

Someone else came up with an alternative and was shut down? When/how did that happen?

As mentioned by others, it looks like the source is already included with each build. So, files freely available. And the license appears to give permission to make your own fork provided that you give credit, etc.:

This license applies to all of the files in src/common:
Copyright © 2006-2011 Ian Patterson
This software is provided 'as-is', without any express or implied
warranty. In no event will the authors be held liable for any damages
arising from the use of this software.
Permission is granted to anyone to use this software for any purpose,
including commercial applications, and to alter it and redistribute it
freely, subject to the following restrictions:
1. The origin of this software must not be misrepresented; you must not
claim that you wrote the original software. If you use this software
in a product, an acknowledgment in the product documentation would be
appreciated but is not required.
2. Altered source versions must be plainly marked as such, and must not be
misrepresented as being the original software.
3. This notice may not be removed or altered from any source
distribution.

I hope that you re-consider for SE. With mods, I think that it's still not too far behind newer games. And the experience would most likely help a future TES build.

Maybe once a file comparison is done, the tasks needed will be more manageable than expected.

OR, what about F4SE?

Edited by waterlogic

@grc472. It was sarcasm. If anyone was insulted I cannot help that. But have you even though perhaps it is insulting to modders like behippo or ianpatt to see so many people needlessly complain and say things like "If you aren't going to do it give it to someone that will"?

How again can that NOT be construed as ignorant rambling or insulting to them? It goes both ways. Please try not to moralize with me on this I disagree heartily. I call it as I see it. I never once called someone a name or said "Give the SKSSE64 work to someone else".

That is more offensive than what I said and I have read every response over 55 pages, you should consider the same and get some context to what is said rather than simply the latest page friend. I'm out. This thread is too negative. But I am willing to wait for SKSSE64 - you and everyone will need to as well despite what is said. There simply is no other choice and venting by not reading the thread or the April 1st update does NO person posting any favors to the ones that have read the thread.

I read the update. I'm too cynical to assume that work will indeed be resumed on SKSE64 any time this century, especially given that many people seem to prefer the far more unstable Oldrim for some reason in the first place.

Asking them to consider handing the project over to someone else if they truly haven't the time or inclination to do it themselves isn't offensive, it's logical.