[WIPz] Skyrim Script Extender (SKSE64)

behippo

I'm with Cliff, lock this thread down. It's just become a whinge thread.

And just because someone has offered to take the reins so to speaks, doesn't mean anything. The sheer amount if experience and info between the silverlock team members that would have to be gained by said new person would equate to a long waiting time anyway, and all it is buying you is a false sense of security that it's going to get done. Always assume the worst and be pleasantly surprised when it comes through, at least in the case of these sorts of things.

Yeah, I agree with this. Only Behippo should be able to post here from now on. I realize everyone has the right to their opinion (as long as it stays civil) but we should move the pros and cons of whether someone "assisting" the SKSE team is a good thing or not to another thread.

@SMB92: I thought "whinge" was a misspelling. Then I looked it up. Most appropriate. Also, your PC beat up my PC and stole it's lunch money...

• Replies 885
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i think Skyrim is better without SKSE, too much scripting can led to CTD. so far no crashes, i have got over 200 mods for SSE

There is plenty of scripting in the non-SKSE SE mods. It's not a lack of SKSE that is making it stable.

And just because someone has offered to take the reins so to speaks, doesn't mean anything. The sheer amount if experience and info between the silverlock team members that would have to be gained by said new person would equate to a long waiting time anyway, and all it is buying you is a false sense of security that it's going to get done. Always assume the worst and be pleasantly surprised when it comes through, at least in the case of these sorts of things.

The only "whingers" I see here are the ones urging for censorship because they don't agree with other peoples opinions.

I would love to be proven wrong and see this project turn active. But, I think that 7 months of vagueness qualifies as sufficient writing on the wall.

I don't begrudge your wait-and-see position. I don't see why there should be any effort to try and censor a pro-active approach to getting this done. It may or may not be a long waiting period for someone new. You don't know what they are capable of or how much time they are willing to put in. At this point, I would prefer to know for certain that progress is being made rather than to guess.

Yeah, I agree with this. Only Behippo should be able to post here from now on. I realize everyone has the right to their opinion (as long as it stays civil) but we should move the pros and cons of whether someone "assisting" the SKSE team is a good thing or not to another thread.

@SMB92: I thought "whinge" was a misspelling. Then I looked it up. Most appropriate. Also, your PC beat up my PC and stole it's lunch money...

Behippo hasn't posted anything anywhere to my knowledge in months. How long does the silence have to go before you will accept other people discussing this?

Forums are designed for discussion by the community. You can always just go to the silverlock site for Behippo-only updates.

the fangirls need to stop. stop kissing the silverlock teams butts and get on board with the real issue being discussed.

there is at this point no faith in them to complete the project. someone needs to do so.

locking this thread would only result in the death of skyrim modding.

I was one of the people whining at whiners so to speak and I realise that's probably not helpful either so sorry if I was unfair to anyone. I really support the team and I think people should show them some respect. However I also think there is no need to close down threads or anything.

People are free to give their opinions (including offering help and questioning team). Others are free to refute them. However I think on all sides of this "argument" that has developed on this thread (myself included) we would do better and have a more constructive conversation if we cut out the ad homs and showed each other respect. I am embarred too about how this has gone but there is a lot to be proud about this community. It's why we are all here!

One question: is it the silverlock team who have been keeping f4se updated? It seems it gets updated everytime there is an update to f4 from beth. Would that suggest that they are still working together?

Another question :P: Does ianpatt's comment on steam suggest they have given up? It sounds like they have made quite a lot of progress. It has just been slower than expected which is why he apologised. Dunno just my two cents

Read this please!

http://www.pcgamer.com/the-skyrim-script-extender-for-the-skyrim-special-edition-has-been-delayed/

Now y'all get your tranquilizers!

Btw, what's really ironic is that the article in the link above, links back to this thread. People are still missing it. Who can blame them with all this nonsense being posted. It takes loads of time to sift through all the messages for a post that contains actual news.

More reading, less whinging please! Now I said this, i'd like to propose to open a thread for people who like to complain about ... anything, really! (Sorry for the complaint. :rolleyes: I won't contribute anymore from now on.)

Edited by Surwen

I was one of the people whining at whiners so to speak and I realise that's probably not helpful either so sorry if I was unfair to anyone. I really support the team and I think people should show them some respect. However I also think there is no need to close down threads or anything.

People are free to give their opinions (including offering help and questioning team). Others are free to refute them. However I think on all sides of this "argument" that has developed on this thread (myself included) we would do better and have a more constructive conversation if we cut out the ad homs and showed each other respect. I am embarred too about how this has gone but there is a lot to be proud about this community. It's why we are all here!

One question: is it the silverlock team who have been keeping f4se updated? It seems it gets updated everytime there is an update to f4 from beth. Would that suggest that they are still working together?

Another question :tongue:: Does ianpatt's comment on steam suggest they have given up? It sounds like they have made quite a lot of progress. It has just been slower than expected which is why he apologised. Dunno just my two cents

Thank you. Agreed 100%. I was trying to keep things without ad hominem. But, after the 10th or so "stop whining" statement, I had a moment of weakness. :D

Regarding your question about the F4SE updates, I believe that Behippo was doing those. I could be wrong. But, my impression is that Ian and Brenden did most of the original work and Behippo helped update things with new game releases to keep it going. But, back when there were more frequent updates from Bethesda and Behippo was keeping up with them, he was communicating regularly. Something seems to have changed.

My current theory is that he has found the love of his life and is traveling the country with guitar in hand. No time for computer nonsense!

Is there a new comment from ianpatt on steam? I don't know if I've seen that... If you're meaning the one here or on the silverlock site, it's tough to say. It sounds like it could be in line with what Behippo had done for the last video update 3 months ago. Which would mean that nothing has been worked on for 3 months.

Thank you. Though, I don't get the impression that the latest posters hadn't already seen that info?

FYI, the oldrim version of SKSE does include the sources in the archive. Someone also uploaded that version to github.

I haven't looked at it ... but I have done other sorts of reverse engineering and can easily imagine that someone who wanted to pick this up would discover that figuring out how to tie into the skyrim binary and how to modify its C++ objects would be many many man months or years of effort. I expect that the effort is almost all about playing detective with the skyrim internals and not that much about writing code.

So, unless the SKSE authors announce they're dropping the project or many more months go by, I'd suggest against diving into this.

Edited by MikeMondy

Â

Â

Hehe yeah, I had to backspace and add the H, its one of those words you can easily lose a spelling bee over, lmao.

Oh and just wait until I put a Vega or 1080ti in, maybe even get the Skylake X if it trashes the Ryzen/7700k. Then it'll hack your mums bank account long before you can get that lunch money ;) And speaking of bullying, i'll never be conned into getting a Titan card, good go Nvidia. Way to take a dump on your customer base.