[WIPz] Skyrim Script Extender (SKSE64)

behippo

1. The team seems to be currently working on F4SE (about time, you can wait a while longer with your skyrim)

2. It will be done when it will be done. Anyone's free to write their own script extender if they so feel, but the SE team has all the rights to not allow anyone to use their material.

And no, there is no 256 plugins on NV. It's limited, and over 140-150 it will break. It was never fixed, even though there might be hopes.

Make a simple plugin with one unique form, duplicate it 253 times and then load all 254 mods. You will have all the forms available whether they come from the first plugin or the 253rd. So no there isn't a so called 1xx limit in FNV.

I definitively remember prideslayer doing that test years ago

• Replies 885
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. The team seems to be currently working on F4SE (about time, you can wait a while longer with your skyrim)

2. It will be done when it will be done. Anyone's free to write their own script extender if they so feel, but the SE team has all the rights to not allow anyone to use their material.

And no, there is no 256 plugins on NV. It's limited, and over 140-150 it will break. It was never fixed, even though there might be hopes.

Make a simple plugin with one unique form, duplicate it 253 times and then load all 254 mods. You will have all the forms available whether they come from the first plugin or the 253rd. So no there isn't a so called 1xx limit in FNV.

Yea, I've been there, done that with actual plugins, not empty duplicates. Game breaks after 130, and if I continue just completely stops functioning correctly.

Give me a link.

And sure you can load into the game from my experience, but objects will fail to load and the game will break because of memory corruption. My understanding is Obsidian uses the space that stores plugins to also store objects like buildings and scenery.

Edited by xxt65xx

I think everyone here is missing one huge point. The SKSE team has/had an "arrangement" with both Bethesda and STEAM since OBSE to allow them to hook into the executable. Doubtful that permission will be granted to anyone else outside the team.

...and it's distinctly possible that this agreement includes an NDA about the layout of the executable, and/or a hush order on how to explore it. The team has vocally refused to explain their mapping method.

Not sure if those posts are still on the old Bethesda forums or not. But it was previously explained. They can't accept compensation for the SE and there is an NDA. You are exactly right.

What I remember is that they mentioned an "unspoken agreement." Maybe they can chime in and clarify. But, I don't believe there is any NDA, written agreement or even discussion from Bethesda to the SKSE team about this.

So it looks doubtful that we will see SKSE64 any time soon (or even by the end of the year) given the lack of information. Just curious if Skyrim Special Edition really is more stable and has engine improvements over the original? Is it truly 64 Bit overall? Can I play without SKSE and still have mods like Frost Fall, On/Off Lamps, and other script mods which have those MCM?

It really is way more stable. There are quite a few good mods for it without SKSE. I enjoyed my recent playthrough with it more than I remember enjoying Oldrim, mainly because I could just plug-n-play mods without crashes.

The only reason I want SKSE64 is to allow functionality for new mods that I want to develop for SE.

While normally to this kind of post I would say "Fallout can go f*** itself and they need to abandon it and hurry up and work on skyrim" I will only say that this is a good sign that they are in fact active and "working" though sadly not on skyrim. I was worried they may have abandoned the projects altogether and just having too much reallife stuff going on but I presume that once they're done with freaking fallout they will get back on the true horse of skyrim special edition.

Fallout is being worked on by Expired. Which is great as he gets a lot of complicated work done quickly when he's available. Just isn't always around.

Hard to tell for certain. But, I don't think he was helping with SKSE64. So, SE appears to be just as inactive as ever.

@Ethreon - thank you. it is nice to know that about New Vegas definitively speaking. Albeit slightly off topic I can hardly believe that being on topic helps much when people are still asking the same thing about SKSE64 despite there being the 2 most recent updates. I believe people are still incredulous SKSE64 isn't out yet.

It will be out when it will be out.

I believe perhaps bookmarking silverlock.org would be more helpful than empty supposition. If they look in, thank you for working on it. I really cannot wait to use it. Though I am willing to wait and see - SSE is still fun to play in the interim.

Edited by KainThePheonix

Just curious if Skyrim Special Edition really is more stable and has engine improvements over the original? Is it truly 64 Bit overall? Can I play without SKSE and still have mods like Frost Fall, On/Off Lamps, and other script mods which have those MCM?

Even Arthmoor favors SSE, because as he said it here SSE are more stable than the original Skyrim at least when it comes to modding.

Yes, you can play Frostfall (requires Campfire) and Amazing Follower Tweaks (I don't use other follower mods than AFT) in SSE.

@Ethreon - thank you. it is nice to know that about New Vegas definitively speaking. Albeit slightly off topic I can hardly believe that being on topic helps much when people are still asking the same thing about SKSE64 despite there being the 2 most recent updates. I believe people are still incredulous SKSE64 isn't out yet.

I believe perhaps bookmarking silverlock.org would be more helpful than empty supposition. If they look in, thank you for working on it. I really cannot wait to use it. Though I am willing to wait and see - SSE is still fun to play in the interim.

Given the lack of updates on it since April, I think it's safe to say SKSE64 is completely dead. So, "It will be out when it will be out" just seems a little... wrong to me given all indications are it won't be out at all.

Given the lack of updates on it since April, I think it's safe to say SKSE64 is completely dead. So, "It will be out when it will be out" just seems a little... wrong to me given all indications are it won't be out at all.

Agreed, it won't be out, and that's why skyrim is also dead, atleast for me, it was fun while it last, never finished the game even tho i played it for years, thanks for the skse on oldrim, but if you guys were to stay silenced instead of giving a time of realease people wouldn't be complaining AS MUCH i think, but right now the state as things are i can easily say, you guys did a really bad job here on newrim XD, anyone is free to badmouth me, i know i'm not wrong , see you guys in a week.

People claiming no update since april = dead... Guys, we're only on May. I mean,really.

Especially since the last update prior to that was back in what...December? October? I'm too lazy to actually go look it up. And lord only knows when the one before that was.