Skyrim Economy....

diamonddragoniori

A lot was said about the dynamic economic found in skyrim....so far i don't see any influence a player can bring into this....or may be i just am not seeing/noticing this....

For example can i help out the economy of winterhold by taking certain actions?....or hinder the economy of other holds?....

is this at all possible?

Edited by diamonddragoniori

Yes, the 500 investment perk, and the +1000 gold perk for all merchants.

There isn't any economy in Skyrim, merchants just restock into and from the void.

Considering I created tons of daggers of banishment to make money, I'd never found any of my daggers to be on sell again, or on any NPC that I sold in meny dozends to the vendors. They just vanish and are replaced with gold again :( For a while I hoped that doing business with one vendor a lot might make him richer and have a bigger stock and money supply, but no, aside from the perks to effects.

Yes, the 500 investment perk, and the +1000 gold perk for all merchants.

There isn't any economy in Skyrim, merchants just restock into and from the void.

Considering I created tons of daggers of banishment to make money, I'd never found any of my daggers to be on sell again, or on any NPC that I sold in meny dozends to the vendors. They just vanish and are replaced with gold again :( For a while I hoped that doing business with one vendor a lot might make him richer and have a bigger stock and money supply, but no, aside from the perks to effects.

ok then.... :sad:

I really wanted to help out the people of whitehold.....they need a solid break.... :confused:

The game has a very flawed economy. Rare crafting materials which your rarely see from exploration, are common items at every vendor. Odd that a alchemy potion can sell more than a lot of weapon. First played through ended with 400k gold, this playthrough I am already at 100k gold. Nothing worth saving up your money for and you will still be able to get an stupid amount of gold from only selling 100x gold/weight items that you find. Still you can make even more gold from crafting items.

• 1 year later...

I know this is an old topic but I found some legacy code while mucking about in CK. It appears that there was a system of supply and demand around the logging mills, farms and smelters and each could be sabotaged or repaired by the player or damaged during the civil war and this would negatively impact production of certain categories of items. If damaged during the civil war guards would set up posts around the damaged equipment until it was repaired. Obviously this is all stripped bare now, presumably due to time and bugs but the framework still exists.

I'm just working on fixing my resources mod but if anyone finds this interesting or wants to see if it's possible to restore the resource economy I can dig some more.