Random useful tips (no spoilers!)

RokHere

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's a tip about soul gems that have been filled w/too minor a soul (ie a grand soul gem filled with a lesser soul). Just drop it and that will clear the soul out of it. Then just pick it back up to put back into your inventory, ready to fill again :-)

Probably posted before.. Use a part of your budget to buy as many Iron Ingots and Leather Strips as you can.

Craft loads of Iron Daggers = Smithing Increased (Fast)

Enchant those daggers = Enchanting Increased (Relatively Fast)

Sell those daggers = Speech Increased (Not so fast)

Special tip for enchanting, if you want to make quick money, use the Banish Enchantment. It boosts the price of the item pretty high and you don't even need big soul gems for it. I could sell those petty-soul enchanted daggers for up to 1000 Septims. Also remember, this is a weapon enchant. A similar price boosting enchant for apparel items would be the Fortify Sneak enchant, though a higher value gem is needed, at least a greater soul gem. Have fun.

The best tip i can give is just walk to places. You will see sights and experience encounters and finding a fast travellot will never realize.

There are unique encounters that spawn when you get to someplace or see something. Try taking a ride over a water fall ot night travel on the roads.

- Don't want to waste your arrow you have ready to fire? Hold down your weapon sheath key to put it back down quietly. (Wish I had known this a while ago)

- Killing sleeping Dragurs are great for upping your sneak skill and they tend to be plentiful in ruins.

- Giants are your friends in killing Dragons. Not only are they pretty good at killing dragons, but they tend not to attack you once the dragon is dead.

-Once you get enough money, start buying out all the ingredients at potions shops. Go to your alchemy table and start making potions. Sell those potions for money, go to another city's shop, buy their all ingredients, repeat. This is how I've been boosting my alchemy lately with minimal fuss.

-Always carry a pick-axe. You never know when you might find an ore you want.

- Soul Trap + Quick Reflexes = Extended Bullet Time. Might be more of a glitch, but it's a trick I discovered by accident. If you kill a Soul Trapped enemy while having the Quick Reflexes skill active, the entirety of the Soul Trap animation will be slowed down which will amount to maybe a minute or more of bullet time like effect for your character. It can be useful in certain situations... (Sometimes I've had it last way long and the only way to end it was to load into another cell, wait, sleep or fast-travel away).

You will find an abundance of gold in the game but few vendors to sell items too. Every major town has about 6 vendors to sell upto 4000 worth of items too and that is before your speak perks. If you plan on exploring the entire map you will end up with 500k gold from only looting 10x items. So do not loot every item you find.

In Blackreach you will encounter a huge, orange glowing Orb. Fus Doh Ra it and see what happens. :)

The awkward moment when I read your post right after I closed the game....... I'm going to check it out.

EDIT: :woot: :woot: :woot:

Edited by BlancoCreed