[WIP] Atvir Dres: The Last Prince of Tear

JanusForbeare

@Yknuf: It's funny you should mention that - I've actually given Atvir a "stats" window that you can bring up at any time (through dialogue) to help follow his skill progression. It will be part of the next update. The mod you're currently using to see follower stats won't work on Atvir, because he doesn't use the vanilla follower factions (with the exception of PlayerFollowerFaction, which doesn't do a whole lot apart from make him compatible with Scenic Carriages).

I'm still playing with his skills, stats, and perks, but he was intended as a thief/assassin type. He's better in light armour, dual wielding one-handed weapons. His sneak and lockpicking skills are also solid - you can take advantage of the latter by going into favour state (ie. holding down E while looking at him, or telling him "I need you to do something.") and directing him to open chests or doors. Be warned, however, that for some reason followers in favour state can only unlock certain kinds of doors, others they'll ignore.

As for your other questions... he can use shields, but doesn't like them much. Magic use is actually something you can discuss with him, but he'll tell you that he's never been any good at it. The version you're currently playing is perked to prefer swords, though as I said, I'm still playing around with perks for him.

Also, Atvir's next incarnation will allow you to direct him to use melee, bows, or staves, provided he has those weapons available to him, as well as changing his follow distance and aggression. All these features are designed to make him more flexible in combat.

• Replies 351
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He does indeed! I've had a bunch of really funny incidents lately while trying to hammer all the bugs out of one of Atvir's new scenes (a repeatable one called "Nature's Call"... I'll leave the details to your imagination. Hint: It has nothing to do with nature). That's the fun with followers like these - the more complex they get, the more hilarious and random things they do!

I had an awesome moment, too! I found the guy you come across injured near a cave after his friends have been killed by bears/spriggans, but he was fighting a wolf so I didn't recognise him. Expecting another random encounter from an NPC who wants to kill me, I notched an arrow to my bow. When he ran up and started a conversation, my character automatically let go and shot him :ohmy: When I walked over and saw his name, I felt so bad! There was silence for a moment, and then Atvir says "... I saw a mudcrab the other day...". It was so unexpected and I laughed so hard!

I've been playing around with Atvir for a while now, and I've got to say... he is the best follower ever.

I'd like to join the mod development if possible. I know some scripting, already published a mod on Steam called 'Aldous, The Alteration Mage' for Skyrim.

@Thynar: Glad to hear you're enjoying Atvir so much! :) And thank you very much for your offer of help.

At the moment, I'm working to finish up the soon-to-be released Content Update. I hadn't considered bringing another scripter on board (I've been doing all of that work myself), and right now I'm afraid that I don't have time to consider how to integrate your skill set into the project. The situation may, however, change after the update, and I'll certainly be keeping you in mind when the time comes. I'll also check out the mod you released to get a feel for your past work.

Either way, I appreciate the offer. I'll send you a PM when the time comes.

Hey Janus, after this content update do you have any plans to have Atvir interact with Cerwiden? Both of these followers have two contrasting personalities so if they were to talk to each other it would be EXTREMELY entertaining.

Mujuro and I have spoken about that, and yes, it's definitely planned for the near future. His 1.7 update is being tested right now, and from what he's said, 1.8 is when he's going to start working on interaction with other followers. As for me, the second Content Update (which will be entering development sometime in January) will be when I begin to work on Atvir's interactions with Ceridwen and possibly Aela, assuming that DreamKingMods has a found a suitable voice actress. I've also spoken to Emma about interaction between Atvir and Vilja. Lastly, I'm keeping my eye on Valfar, since he's also voiced (albeit in an unusual way) and strikes me as something of an "anti-Atvir", seeing as how he's a Nord who despises elves.