[WIP] Atvir Dres: The Last Prince of Tear

JanusForbeare

Oh, I meant to mention earlier. Orsinium doesn't actually exist anymore. That's why there's orc strongholds all around Skyrim. They were kicked out by the united forces of High Rock and Hammerfell, and the territory was reclaimed by High Rock. There's a few references to this having happened in the novels. The empire couldn't defend the orcs at that point because they were still reeling from the Oblivion Crisis, and they didn't want to upset two large countries. There's only one line where Atvir mentions this (commenting the city probably smells horrible) but since that city was destroyed before he was theoretically born...) but you might want to remove it, if that isn't too difficult.

Actually Orsinium DOES exist, it is mentioned in one of the load screens (one with the orc) that Orsinium was rebuilt on the border of Skyrim and Hammerfell. It has been destroyed and rebuilt several times before.

Edited by viltuska

• Replies 351
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Really? I've had Sheo's loading screens in forever, (they were sooo sooo boring), but I don't remember Orsinium being mentioned. You wouldn't happen to have a direct quote would you? Not that I don't believe you, I'm just curious, and too lazy to uninstall that mod and try to trigger the load screen myself.

Edit: I also don't think I've ever seen any of the NPCs mention it. :(

Edited by nakakita

Really? I've had Sheo's loading screens in forever, (they were sooo sooo boring), but I don't remember Orsinium being mentioned. You wouldn't happen to have a direct quote would you? Not that I don't believe you, I'm just curious, and too lazy to uninstall that mod and try to trigger the load screen myself.

Edit: I also don't think I've ever seen any of the NPCs mention it. :(

At least the UESPwiki mentions it (the last reference at the bottom).

http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Orsinium

I haven't got a screencap of the load screen either, so I can't give you definitive proof.

edit: here it is, although there's no mention of rebuilding nor its non-existence:

http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120529124118/elderscrolls/images/7/77/Orcloadscreen.jpg

Edited by viltuska

Yes, that is vague. When I was trying to get this to trigger myself I found a lying loadscreen though. It said something like, "Bretons have a 50% resistance to mackica." It's only 25% in Skyrim, though this was true for Morrowind and Oblivion.

I like that particular line though, and I'm glad that I'm probably wrong here.

Edited by nakakita

Oh, that's surprising! You certainly did a good job of making it look like a kiss. I like a lot of the camera angles you chose, to be honest. :thumbsup:

Thanks for the link to the Puppeteer mod.

EDIT: By the way, I've added your videos to the "video" section of the mod description page.

Edited by JanusForbeare

Oh, that's surprising! You certainly did a good job of making it look like a kiss. I like a lot of the camera angles you chose, to be honest. :thumbsup:

Thanks! :rolleyes: You're right,I really long time selected angle to making it look like a kiss. :wallbash:

For something that's considered an alpha, it feels complete, the voice work is one of the best I heard so far here on Nexus, and I'm utterly speechless. I certainly hope that this will not be your only mod, it's because of the level of detail and effort put into this is what inspires me to become better myself. Thank you, Atvir will forever be at my side and I really don't like having companions with me.