[WIP] Atvir Dres: The Last Prince of Tear

JanusForbeare

Wow! This seems like a very interesting mod that has aims similar to mine. I'll definitely keep watch on this - Skyrim needs more powerful companions!

I'm still sorting out kinks with the fundamentals on mine before I go knee deep in dialogue and finally get that voice acting out of the way, while it looks like you've got a TON done already!

Good luck with the project's development, look forward to this update of yours. :)

• Replies 351
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just wanted to mention quickly that I believe I've resolved Atvir's follow issues (the ones that caused him to run off looking for his horse) and the armor duplication issues. Both fixes will be part of the upcoming Content Update.

Furthermore, Atvir now gains perks in small clusters every five levels, and his PC level mult value has been lowered to 0.90. Hopefully this will help tone down his combat prowess a little bit, particularly at lower levels.

@DarkValkyr: Thanks for your kind words and interest!

Feres looks like he'll be a great addition to my party, I can't wait to try him out. The friendship/rivalry system sounds reminiscent of Atvir's rivalry system, which is slotted for release in a future update. Once you start voicing him, we should find some time to talk about interactivity between the two companions - I can definitely see a lot of room for amusing conversations around the campfire, as well as fun RP opportunities arising from disagreements over the player's actions (in other words, balancing both characters' friendship/rivalry meters). After all, you can't please everyone.

Just wanted to mention quickly that I believe I've resolved Atvir's follow issues (the ones that caused him to run off looking for his horse) and the armor duplication issues. Both fixes will be part of the upcoming Content Update.

Furthermore, Atvir now gains perks in small clusters every five levels, and his PC level mult value has been lowered to 0.90. Hopefully this will help tone down his combat prowess a little bit, particularly at lower levels.

@DarkValkyr: Thanks for your kind words and interest!

Feres looks like he'll be a great addition to my party, I can't wait to try him out. The friendship/rivalry system sounds reminiscent of Atvir's rivalry system, which is slotted for release in a future update. Once you start voicing him, we should find some time to talk about interactivity between the two companions - I can definitely see a lot of room for amusing conversations around the campfire, as well as fun RP opportunities arising from disagreements over the player's actions (in other words, balancing both characters' friendship/rivalry meters). After all, you can't please everyone.

When will the content update be released? I'm so excited for it!

@JanusForbeare: Oooh, that sounds like a plan! I would love to see companions interact even if at first they were completely from unrelated mods. I'll get my mod up to speed to the point where I'll be ready to get a voice for him soon. You'll have to bear with me though - this is my first mod in any Bethesda game and a lot of it is fairly new (but I've gone down in the nitty gritty editing via FO3 editor in the FO3 days.)

One thing though:

How do you achieve this? Does the addperk script command work on NPCs now? Because right now Feres has perks from just about every tree from level 1, which is undeniably overpowered. I've been wanting the perks to be achieved based on skill/level for awhile just like his spells.

Edited by Darkvalkyr

@calfurius: I expect that the content update will be ready around mid to late fall - it all depends how busy I am on other fronts and how painless the modding process is. Right now, a lot of my focus has been on the script for the new quest and the new NPCs - the fixes yesterday actually marked the first time I had loaded up Atvir in the CK in quite a while. I'll do my best to keep this thread up to date as things develop. Oh, and now that I know who you are, I wanted to thank you personally for mentioning the mod to Svaalbard - the video review was quite a coup for us, in terms of downloads/endorsements.

@DarkValkyr: I'm not aware of any issues with the AddPerk function - my script compiled without errors (AddPerk is the basis of the script), and there aren't any notes in the CK wiki about problems with that function. That being said, I haven't tested Atvir's levelling script yet. The whole concept is still in its initial stages - I'm not sure how balanced he'll be at higher levels, even with the perks doled out little by little. Ultimately, I intend to build an Atvir config menu that will allow the player to reduce and increase his stats/perks to suit their playstyle.

Hrm, you're right. Looks like I need to find a workaround - perhaps using custom/scripted powers. Thanks for the heads-up, that could have gone unnoticed for a while. Edited by JanusForbeare