Exciting news

R3Q

The game has only been out a couple of months. If you ask me, it's actually rather selfish of us to expect a CK so soon.

And it's something totally unheard of for a customer to be selfish. Even more so, since the CK was originally presented as being released together with the game or very close to its release date.

Woah! Relax, FordPerfect. No need to start jumping down people's throats.

I'd say this is good news. It's one thing to say "this will be out in a month or two", and an entirely different thing to say "it should be out in less than two weeks". There's still no way to be sure if it'll be out this month, (I still have my bets on January 29th to 31st) but at least they're not saying "Whoops, we bit off more than we can chew! You'll see it in March."

And daventry: all currently made mods should still function in the same way. The CK will make it much easier to make mods and allow us to make kinds of mods we can't currently make, but mods that are already out should be just as compatible with new mods as they are with each other.

People complain because they see Skyrim as a cut down version without adequate testing done or Q&A to meet their release date of 11/11/11 personally I would've been happier with a better later Skyrim just as I will be happy with a better later CK.

Frankly, that goes for every product. Release when it's ready, not when it coincides with a sexy date.

Some the mods will just be improved. To mention a single example Midas Magic for Skyrim, the reason to say this is because Xilver let it clear he want the magic to be quest reward and/or depending on the reactor (like it is for Oblivion). Although possible to this things without the CK it is too hard to the point of being improbable.

But yes, the information from the OP changes nothing for the promise was to release the CK this month and until it is due the promise was not broken and no one has real reason to tell the term will be accomplished or not based only in speculation and vague statements.

Bottom line: there is no bottom line, everything is still open.

I tend to dissagree with the asertion that "This is not news" as ther ehas been an abundance of speculation, on this forum and elsewhere, that Bethesda had already decided internally to A; Release the CK later than anounced or B; Not release it at all.

While not telling us anything expressly new, this does confirm that the plan is still to have it out by the end of the month, thus countering the speculation to the contrary. As such, it is news, even if just confirmitory news.

You see, expecting a CK and DLC already when the game has only been out for about 2-3 month now is expecting Bethsoft to hand you a million dollars. Those guys just made the game, now they want to plan out future stuff, such as DLC and other games from a dozen other series they help/make.