The Sunday Discussion - The Skyblivion Team - Recreating Oblivion in the Skyrim Engine

TheTokenGeek

In response to post #47290855.

Xerperious wrote: @Gorgulla, what settings do you use when you export textures from substance painter(If you use substance painter, I heard somebody from the TES Renewal team used it)? I have trouble getting my textures from substance painter to look good in skyrim.

Also for those who want to see the stream in action
https://www.twitch.tv/kylerebelzize

I use substance designer. Quixel for extra details.

Shoot, this is going to be my dream game one day.

Imagine, taking the same character from morrowind, to oblivion, to skyrim. Sure, you can do a wee bit of creative hand waving. You would start as the nerevarine, then get arrested in cyrodiil for molesting a corpse (anyone recall that conversation?), then you venture forth to skyrim and get nabbed by the border patrol.

Don't you DARE change the voice acting. If I can't be accused of being criminal scum, I'll be pissed.

On a more serious note, I hope they consider giving the player a choice between the classic/true Oblivion experience and something more Skyrim-esque, I have a feeling I'll miss being able pick and choose my perks.

It looks amazing, but I would like to add to those here saying that the benefit for me of an Oblivion remake is to enjoy Oblivion with the new UI and character progression. I don't want the mechanics of Oblivion because they weren't very good. I hope there is an option to use the mechanics and character advancement system in Skyrim, or this will be a project I would not be that interested in considering how great you can make Oblivion look with already available mods. Just my two cents.

fantastic job guys if Bethesda would get on board and port both morrowwind and oblivion to the new engine it would be great... bc they have way more manpower and resources to get it done. but I'm glad you guys are doing this for the community Edited by mymodacc21