Steam workshop EULA

s73al7h

Don't they already allow limited user created content on those systems. You can Dl user created maps and such. Todd has said they have been trying to get mods of the console for years now, and he says it's down to M$ to allow it. the nature of the mods themselves is what poses the problem with BGS games, as simple maps would be no problem, but mods for BGS games are rather complex and have a lot areas where inappropriate content can be injected into them. Vetting mods is what is probably going to happen on SW, I have my doubts about what kinds of content they are going to allow there. It happens to an extent on the nexus as already.

The thing is if you do upload something inappropriate to SW or in the future to M$, they do have a decent first line of deterrence: it's tied to you as a user and your account, which actually has value.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why do you bash console users? Are PC gamers some kind of "douche bags"? We don't deserve respect? At least my game is equal in all my friends, in PC gaming one is looking to a tree and the other is seeing some brown pixels.

Btw, games sell more in consoles so I guess we suppprt the industry. Please respect us, thanks.

Wait, wait, so your not identifying yourself as a console gamer, by saying "Btw, games sell more in consoles so I guess we suppprt the industry. Please respect us, thanks. "

and you're not accusing someone of bashing consoles, and saying how much better and superior they are because pc version have trees and brown pixels. :confused:

Wait, wait, so your not identifying yourself as a console gamer, by saying "Btw, games sell more in consoles so I guess we suppprt the industry. Please respect us, thanks. "

and you're not accusing someone of bashing consoles, and saying how much better and superior they are because pc version have trees and brown pixels. :confused:

Skyrim sold more in consoles and in PC looks different from PC to PC, ranging from excellent to mediocre. I'm confused with your confusion.

Edited by BlackRL

You think 25% to the mod author, 75% to Valve/Bethesda is reasonable!? Hell, if I was allowed and wanted to do this I'd be giving mod authors a minimum of 90%.

Edit: spelling

which is why my content is going to be nexus exclusive. I know what you're intentions are. Honestly. I don't like the idea of my mod possibly becoming something somebody pays for when I intended it to be free (assuming they don't give you a choice to say no). Even then, We have NMM, a mod installer/manager that will probably be far superior to anything they try to integrate through valve. Not to mention that we have far more customization options in how we display our mods here.

Sorry being a bit off topic but, do anyone here know how some game appears on my Steam Library to install that I never ever showed any interest before?

At least is a game I could give a try (Warhammer 40k - Dawn of war) but definitely I don't like this kind of marketing practice. There is no "intuitive" explanation to what it is ever doing there, nothing telling the kind of compromise I'm assuming installing it... nothing I can figure directly from the interface.

Edit: Does not matter anymore, finally I got it straight at the shop page. It's "free" for me to play till Sunday 1PM PDT...

Thinking better - It worked, they accomplished me going to the shop page, that is pure genius.

Edited by nosisab

Skyrim sold more in consoles and in PC looks different from PC to PC, ranging from excellent to mediocre. I'm confused with your confusion.

It would have been fine if that is actually all of what you said, it just read more like this to me: I'm mad at some unspecified someone for bashing consoles, our games all look the same and your game looks all different with brown pixels, we support the developers because more copies are sold on the console, neener neener. but maybe I'm readin it wrong.