Fallout 4?

markoBG

Well its likely there will be a Fallout 4 but what follows is unclear. Reason being was that there was a rumor tied to someting that was said about how the series would continue; the statement being that Fallout 4 would be the end of the end of the series. Actually I wouldn't mind a drop of the current fallout series and instead a reiteration of the core concept of post armaggedon event but drop the 50 theme. Heck even a game that takes place nearly just after the bombs, but on a scaled back volume, something like the TV series Jehrico.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually I wouldn't mind a drop of the current fallout series and instead a reiteration of the core concept of post armaggedon event but drop the 50 theme. Heck even a game that takes place nearly just after the bombs, but on a scaled back volume, something like the TV series Jehrico.

Maybe a game set on modern times after a pandemic would be nice. You know, buildings are intact with damages that are mostly caused by looting and panicking, and perhaps damages caused by nature's reclamation. Kinda like I am Legend. There'd be mutants but the main enemy are other humans. Former convicts, psychopaths, the usual military remnant, looters, etc.

i think a pathogen would be a good one. would be Resident Evil or Resistance (Ps3) like, but wouldnt have zombies/mutants as a main force as said.....plus biowarfare is always the scariest and near impossible to prevent or stop

Wait for a few DLCS few expansion packs for Skyrim then maybe we'll get an announcement. The announcement might be a bit different then many of us expect. And I have a prediction (which hopefully won't be true) for what will be the next Fallout game. :rolleyes:

mmo

Edited by antonkr

the next Bethesda studios fallout game within the next 5 years will not be an mmo because its not possible. if somehow BS wanted an to make a FO game in mmo within the next five years they would need 100 million to start and start hiring like crazy. simply note that mmo's are not made in secret they're too big to hide. nobody will ever reveal an MMO in compete secret for the foreseeable future.

however i think fallout 4 will have some kind of co-op

the next Bethesda studios fallout game within the next 5 years will not be an mmo because its not possible. if somehow BS wanted an to make a FO game in mmo within the next five years they would need 100 million to start and start hiring like crazy. simply note that mmo's are not made in secret they're too big to hide. nobody will ever reveal an MMO in compete secret for the foreseeable future.

however i think fallout 4 will have some kind of co-op

Blizzard's Titan project could be an MMO (not sure if theyve said otherwise, last i know, it was completely unknown what it was)

and yea, FO4 will not be an MMO. it will be just like FO3 (just hopefully with the Creation Engine)

Bethesda just just won the rights back to the FO MMO, there is no way they could start that MMO now and have it out any time soon. i dont even think its a project they are putting much thought into atm. i think they just wanted the rights more just so nobody else made money on the FallOut title over the fact that they wanted to make an MMO.

Considering within 5 years they wouldn't release a FO4 anyway......

But seriously, everyone is getting they're hopes up over something that won't happen for around 9 years. This year, they are focussing on Skyrim and it's DLC traits, along with the release of Prey 2 and Dishonored, and that'll go into 2013. With planned games already BEYOND that point in 2013, it'll stretch into 2018 before they have free time. Assuming another company doesn't want them.

Really, a FO4 probably won't happen. Bethesda is more to the side of wanting to get to new games, dropping TES and FO to try new things. It's a surprise that the community wants a TES 6 already.

I don't hate FO, no matter what you may think, FO3 and FO: NV are two of my favorite games. I would love to see a FO4, but I really doubt it's going to happen.