nexus hate?

gloomygrim

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Though, back to piracy, it's funny how this site has a strict anti-piracy rule yet a lot of members inquire about their pirated copies of the game. It's almost ironic, actually, like stealing from a police station. Why is it like that?

Ok, but that is a pretty important property of, er, property.

I would say the most important property of property.

The most important property of a property is your ability to control it. Without the ability to control it, all other characteristics are pretty much irrelevant.

Though, back to piracy, it's funny how this site has a strict anti-piracy rule yet a lot of members inquire about their pirated copies of the game. It's almost ironic, actually, like stealing from a police station. Why is it like that?

And they get banned if somebody reports them. What is your point?

Basically it all sums up to "blame the pirates", for me anyways.

For the existance of ridiculously uncomfortable DRM which even prevents a good bunch of legal customers to use the products they bought, I blame the pirates.

For the annoyance that is Steam and latest games no longer being usable without it, I blame the pirates.

For the annoying Anti-Piracy advertisement spam on DVDs I legally bought, punishing the legal buyers not the thieves, I blame the pirates.

For every website that gets shut down due to a tiny group of people uploading illegal materials there, I blame the pirates.

For every social network or online community getting blocked or destroyed due to discussion about how and where to download illegal software for free, I blame the pirates.

For the inconvenience that's unavoidable these days due to the neverending protests, strikes, 'black outs' and 'black marchs' or whatever they call it against anti-piracy laws or bills or whatever, I blame the pirates.

For the abundance of hilariously useless to the matter but really threatening to the individual's rights and maybe even the freedom of speech (which you always keep mentioning in this regard) laws against piracy popping up these days like mushrooms in the woods, I really can't blame the big business companies, they're seeing their financial income at risk and react as expected, demanding this to stop, nor can I blame the politicians, as politicians will always be politicians and will always come up with such stupid and useless ideas to please the masses and the big business (I call it "alibi solutions", no actual use at all but "looking" like something really big, "so there, we did something!"), so what's left? I blame the pirates.

And if in the future all personal rights got stripped away and freedom of speech is merely a faint memory anymore finally, I'll blame the pirates. Period.

The pirates ruin it for all, and they don't even realize they're the cause for the issue pretending to be the solution.

If there was no pirates, there'd be "none" of this nonsense and nobody would have anything to complain about. Cause -> Reaction principle.

I welcome the Nexus' stand on piracy and agree wholeheartedly to every single point of "Dark0ne's manifesto" :rolleyes: .

If the rules here prevent banned users from downloading "my" mods, then so be it. "I" am the only one with any right to complain about it, noone else, and I'm not complaining. If mod authors aren't going to complain, care to think about "why"?

This is my personal standing in the matter, and I very much doubt it will ever change. :armscrossed:

(Hopefully this is the last time I feel an urge to post in this discussion. I'm tired of it, and can't read any more "justifications" for the unjustifiable.)

No, no, no: what I mean, is that unlike some other sites, which have a relaxed piracy policy (ie. not as harsh), those sites do not have anywhere near as many people admitting they pirated the game (even percentage-wise).

@ DraketheDragon:

All your points are true for the beginning days of DRM. Developers thought it would work, it didn't, why bother putting them in still? Blame is not a very useful thing, further probing and analysis of the current situation is needed to fully understand the situation right now.

Edited by dazzerfong

No, no, no: what I mean, is that unlike some other sites, which have a relaxed piracy policy (ie. not as harsh), those sites do not have anywhere near as many people admitting they pirated the game (even percentage-wise).

its because we attract the future Darwin Award semi-finalists

For the annoyance that is Steam and latest games no longer being usable without it, I blame the pirates.

wait

steam exists because of pirates

pirates still play steam games - without steam

therefore

steam exists to annoy paying customers

now that's quite a marketing platform indeed