NMM2 - Update and recruitment

TheTokenGeek

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, I'm wondering since Tannin is working with you on this mod manager, will there be similar features as Mod Organizer? Virtual DATA folder, profiles, and abillity to run third party programs (FO4Edit, creation kit) on Bethesda games through the mod manager?

In response to post #47378620. #47381125, #47382375, #47382860 are all replies on the same post.

lued123 wrote: It's great to hear that things are coming along.
Edit: And might I suggest you call it NEMO? NExus Mod Organizer? It's an appropriate name for a merger of Nexus Mod Manager and Mod Organizer, it sounds adorable, and it invokes the same "I'll use two letters if I want to," attitude that USLEEP had before it got ported to the Special Edition.
mattjus wrote: +1 for NEMO!
Merkcy wrote: I dig NEMO +1
matortheeternal wrote: I really dig NEMO too, the logo could be a clown fish or a submarine, the default color scheme could be blue/orange. The name is also logical and seems to have caught on with the community a lot.

That said, Dark0ne vetoed it in the other comment thread on this article, so I don't think it's going to happen. Though I'm really curious what other name he has in mind. Dark, I think you're going to have to come up with something good quick before the community gets dead-set on NEMO. :)

That sounds awesome, very much behind that name.

In response to post #47380435. #47380720, #47383350 are all replies on the same post.

indycurt wrote: I'm sorry, but I'm one of "those people" that like NMM the way it is. It works perfectly and always has for me. It's easy, comfortable, uncomplicated and snug like a favorite blanket. Why you have to go and screw with it is beyond me. New is not always better.
lued123 wrote: If you like NMM the way it is, then... stick with it maybe? It's in a finalized state, so you can safely turn off automatic updates and never use this.
matortheeternal wrote: The application they're making is totally separate. You can keep using old NMM, though you aren't going to get any new functionality that way.

I used MO briefly to play with an Oldrim install and found it to be pretty slick though it wasn't the most intuitive. Definitely a learning curve but that's not a bad thing. I gave it up in place of going with a new SE install and NMM. When I heard they were working together on a new MM I got really excited. I imagine that the new app will give you all the same easy-to-use experience of NMM with a lot of really deep and handy features that are there if you want them. New isn't always better but I have a sneaking feeling this will be.

In response to post #47383560.

johnshirayuki wrote: i'm curious when the sevenzipsharp bug will be fixed that I am some other people seem to be getting with the NNM :(

It won't. NMM is in a finalized state. With any luck, that bug won't carry up to... this, but NMM is not receiving any more updates.

In response to post #47378620. #47381125, #47382375, #47382860, #47383605 are all replies on the same post.

Edit: And might I suggest you call it NEMO? NExus Mod Organizer? It's an appropriate name for a merger of Nexus Mod Manager and Mod Organizer, it sounds adorable, and it invokes the same "I'll use two letters if I want to," attitude that USLEEP had before it got ported to the Special Edition.
matortheeternal wrote: I really dig NEMO too, the logo could be a clown fish or a submarine, the default color scheme could be blue/orange. The name is also logical and seems to have caught on with the community a lot.

That said, Dark0ne vetoed it in the other comment thread on this article, so I don't think it's going to happen. Though I'm really curious what other name he has in mind. Dark, I think you're going to have to come up with something good quick before the community gets dead-set on NEMO. :)
d0mini wrote: That sounds awesome, very much behind that name.

+1, NEMO is great and is easy to remember.

If Dark0ne doesn't like it, who cares. Unless he has decades of experience as a brand consultant, you should be asking the community (or a brand consultant). Edited by TinyManticore

In response to post #47383435.

Gota115 wrote: So, I'm wondering since Tannin is working with you on this mod manager, will there be similar features as Mod Organizer? Virtual DATA folder, profiles, and abillity to run third party programs (FO4Edit, creation kit) on Bethesda games through the mod manager?

Dark0ne had this to say in another comment on this thread:
"As far as I know, and don't quote me on this, we plan to allow you to pick how you want the file management to work from a number of options, but some might not be done by launch."

I would be absolutely shocked if it didn't have profiles, since NMM and MO both had that (though MO did it better), and similarly I'd be surprised if it couldn't run at least LOOT.

In response to post #47378620. #47381125, #47382375, #47382860, #47383605, #47383890 are all replies on the same post.

d0mini wrote: That sounds awesome, very much behind that name.
TinyManticore wrote: +1, NEMO is great and is easy to remember.

If Dark0ne doesn't like it, who cares. Unless he has decades of experience as a brand consultant, you should be asking the community (or a brand consultant).

I just wanted to add that I like that name, too!