NMM2 - Update and recruitment

TheTokenGeek

Hi again

:armscrossed:

OK I've got it! " The New NMM. "

Why change the name of something that's brill and well known. and well recognized throughout the mod using community worldwide. changing the name will confuse and bewilder. :unsure:

Like my dyslexic spelling when I apply for a new job. :facepalm:

Edited by soulgamers

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got a few questions regarding scripted mod installers with the new mod manager:

1) Will it support both FOMOD and BAIN Installer Wizards?

2) Will any other installation options be added, for example Javascript based installers?

3) A big limitation with the frequently used XML based FOMOD installers is the inability (to my knowledge) to detect if you're installing to Oldrim or SSE and only being able to link to either your Oldrim or SSE page, making it a bit of a hassle to make user-friendly combined installers. Any chance this will be improved?

In response to post #47393330. #47394385, #47409845, #47410090, #47410120 are all replies on the same post.

TheShoxter wrote: How about calling it Vortex? It's going to be the all-in-one perfect mod manager it seems, so the name represents the combinations of functions all coming together. It also sounds dope.

Current Nexus logo can already be appropriated for this name, it resembles a swirling vortex.
dark_wizzie wrote: Vortex, the ultimate in mod management!!!
GenBloodhorn wrote: Not bad really. Its nice. +1
kazuakisama wrote: I agree. Also avoids confusion with old NMM.

+1
bunnyman280 wrote: Vortex does sound cooler

Of all the suggestions I've seen, I personally like Vortex the most by far. It sounds cool, is quick to say, quick to type, and isn't a boring acronym.

+1

In response to post #47379835. #47381420 is also a reply to the same post.

TacticalAce wrote: Very nice! So basically most of the hard work is done and you guys need someone to make it look pretty. I hope you guys can get a UI designer soon, I have been absolutly fiending for this mod manager to release. I was an avid mod organizer user but decided for SSE I would just wait for the new fully supported mod manager. Seems Like its still a couple of months off but its good to know progress has been great! Thank You!
opusGlass wrote: If you're wanting something simple to tide you over, try out my tool, BMO. It's on the Skyrim Special Edition site. I plan to switch to NMM2 if it's decent but this is a nice, non-invasive way to keep your mods separate and organized in the mean time. (Disclaimer: intended for advanced users, most people probably won't like it.)

Thanks for the suggestion Opus I'll look into it, Love your mods btw! :)

In response to post #47379835. #47381420, #47412165 are all replies on the same post.

TacticalAce wrote: Very nice! So basically most of the hard work is done and you guys need someone to make it look pretty. I hope you guys can get a UI designer soon, I have been absolutly fiending for this mod manager to release. I was an avid mod organizer user but decided for SSE I would just wait for the new fully supported mod manager. Seems Like its still a couple of months off but its good to know progress has been great! Thank You!
opusGlass wrote: If you're wanting something simple to tide you over, try out my tool, BMO. It's on the Skyrim Special Edition site. I plan to switch to NMM2 if it's decent but this is a nice, non-invasive way to keep your mods separate and organized in the mean time. (Disclaimer: intended for advanced users, most people probably won't like it.)
TacticalAce wrote: Thanks for the suggestion Opus I'll look into it, Love your mods btw! :)

Dammit Nexus keeps hanging up on my comments causing double post, i only click once. Edited by TacticalAce

How about [Nexus One Manager] or "NOM". Since this will be the HUB of all of one's mod library, it is both professional and theoretically if the plans for the NEW Mod Manager delves into the Revolutionary/Versatile category; Most advanced, all-inclusive mod manager ever created. I see "One" to manage them, and "One" to rule them all. :)

In response to post #47393330. #47394385, #47409845, #47410090, #47410120, #47411905 are all replies on the same post.

TheShoxter wrote: How about calling it Vortex? It's going to be the all-in-one perfect mod manager it seems, so the name represents the combinations of functions all coming together. It also sounds dope.

Current Nexus logo can already be appropriated for this name, it resembles a swirling vortex.
dark_wizzie wrote: Vortex, the ultimate in mod management!!!
GenBloodhorn wrote: Not bad really. Its nice. +1
kazuakisama wrote: I agree. Also avoids confusion with old NMM.

+1
bunnyman280 wrote: Vortex does sound cooler
AedanClarke wrote: Of all the suggestions I've seen, I personally like Vortex the most by far. It sounds cool, is quick to say, quick to type, and isn't a boring acronym.

+1

I actually like Vortex a lot. It's a new name altogether and long name could be NVM (Nexus Vortex Manager) or something. I like VORTEX better than my own suggestion lol :)