NMM2 - Update and recruitment

TheTokenGeek

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ultimate Nexus Manager - UNM

also i like this Dark Mode peoples are suggesting. honestly access to a selection of backgrounds and skins would be cool as well. as this is a mod site these could be made by the community so we could have a large selection if the ability to add them was implemented.... wait... am i suggesting a modifiable mod manager? MMM? nah that's taken nevermind.

In response to post #47393330. #47394385, #47409845, #47410090, #47410120, #47411905, #47414300, #47426290, #47432345, #47459325, #47461520, #47462670, #47465445, #47470155, #47470175, #47506420, #47508675, #47513330 are all replies on the same post.

TheShoxter wrote: How about calling it Vortex? It's going to be the all-in-one perfect mod manager it seems, so the name represents the combinations of functions all coming together. It also sounds dope.

Current Nexus logo can already be appropriated for this name, it resembles a swirling vortex.
dark_wizzie wrote: Vortex, the ultimate in mod management!!!
GenBloodhorn wrote: Not bad really. Its nice. +1
kazuakisama wrote: I agree. Also avoids confusion with old NMM.

+1
bunnyman280 wrote: Vortex does sound cooler
AedanClarke wrote: Of all the suggestions I've seen, I personally like Vortex the most by far. It sounds cool, is quick to say, quick to type, and isn't a boring acronym.

+1
silencer711 wrote: I actually like Vortex a lot. It's a new name altogether and long name could be NVM (Nexus Vortex Manager) or something. I like VORTEX better than my own suggestion lol :)
IronGator454 wrote: Vortex sounds great! Its a name that sticks out and makes you think when you read it. It literally pulls you into it. Seems a very fitting name for such a great new manager. +1
BoltActionWaffl3 wrote: Vortex +1
Just hope they add a " Dark" UI option.
Darkarhon wrote: Vortex definitely sounds great.
emilking wrote: Hmm, I can't come up with anything better myself so yeah! Vortex for sure. +1
redbeaniez wrote: Vortex does sound cool as hell and really fits the Nexus logo.
dpcarr3 wrote: VORTEX!!!! Really like that for a name!!!
Sostrmnn wrote: That's a great idea! And Vortex goes perfectly with Nexus :)
Sostrmnn wrote:

Woops, double posted by mistake :(

lued123 wrote: Vortex seems pretty good, and when people are having trouble with it, they can joke that it's sucking away all their time and/or patience and/or sanity, so that's fun. Let's see...
Very Organized Really Trustworthy Extractor of eXtra content?
Never mind. That's horrible. Just Vortex.
mattloki wrote: +1 from me
crystaldragon141 wrote: Just thought I'd jump in and say that I also love the name Vortex!

Not only does it sound cool, keeping that hard "x" (like nexus), but it represents the combining and the current logo already. I cannot imagine someone coming up with something better than this, kudos TheShoxter!

In response to post #47393330. #47394385, #47409845, #47410090, #47410120, #47411905, #47414300, #47426290, #47432345, #47459325, #47461520, #47462670, #47465445, #47470155, #47470175, #47506420, #47508675, #47513330, #47515215 are all replies on the same post.

TheShoxter wrote: How about calling it Vortex? It's going to be the all-in-one perfect mod manager it seems, so the name represents the combinations of functions all coming together. It also sounds dope.

Current Nexus logo can already be appropriated for this name, it resembles a swirling vortex.

+1
AedanClarke wrote: Of all the suggestions I've seen, I personally like Vortex the most by far. It sounds cool, is quick to say, quick to type, and isn't a boring acronym.

+1
silencer711 wrote: I actually like Vortex a lot. It's a new name altogether and long name could be NVM (Nexus Vortex Manager) or something. I like VORTEX better than my own suggestion lol :)
IronGator454 wrote: Vortex sounds great! Its a name that sticks out and makes you think when you read it. It literally pulls you into it. Seems a very fitting name for such a great new manager. +1
emilking wrote: Hmm, I can't come up with anything better myself so yeah! Vortex for sure. +1
redbeaniez wrote: Vortex does sound cool as hell and really fits the Nexus logo.
Sostrmnn wrote:

lued123 wrote: Vortex seems pretty good, and when people are having trouble with it, they can joke that it's sucking away all their time and/or patience and/or sanity, so that's fun. Let's see...
crystaldragon141 wrote: Just thought I'd jump in and say that I also love the name Vortex!
Craytose wrote: Not only does it sound cool, keeping that hard "x" (like nexus), but it represents the combining and the current logo already. I cannot imagine someone coming up with something better than this, kudos TheShoxter!

I like it as well, hope it gets picked up!

In response to post #47393330. #47394385, #47409845, #47410090, #47410120, #47411905, #47414300, #47426290, #47432345, #47459325, #47461520, #47462670, #47465445, #47470155, #47470175, #47506420, #47508675, #47513330, #47515215, #47515350 are all replies on the same post.

+1

+1
Sostrmnn wrote:

Craytose wrote: Not only does it sound cool, keeping that hard "x" (like nexus), but it represents the combining and the current logo already. I cannot imagine someone coming up with something better than this, kudos TheShoxter!
FreedomFighter4 wrote: I like it as well, hope it gets picked up!

I was going to call it Fluffybutt Mod Manager... but I suppose telling everyone to DL "Fluffybutt" would sound rather odd compared to "Oh, just DL Vortex"

Goto Nexus, DL THE VORTEX, and watch in amazement as it swirls ALL your favorite mods into your favorite game! Its so easy, just hit the flush button and when you hear the flushing or swooshing noise, you know it just got modded in. Go and try out VORTEX... TODAY!

In response to post #47513955.

saurusmaximus wrote: Looking forward to seeing what you guys come up with. One of the reasons I resisted switching from NMM to MO for so long was the fact that NMM is easy to use. Yes, MO is a superior product, but it also has a steep learning curve that casual users generally don't want to take the time to learn. If you really can bridge that gap, I'll be duly impressed.

Of course, I don't relish the idea of having to re-install my Skyrim mod setup yet again, but such is life :)

MO organizer wasn't really any special to use, it was practically the same installation as NMM for most mods

In response to post #47393330. #47394385, #47409845, #47410090, #47410120, #47411905, #47414300, #47426290, #47432345, #47459325, #47461520, #47462670, #47465445, #47470155, #47470175, #47506420, #47508675, #47513330, #47515215, #47515350, #47515465 are all replies on the same post.

+1

+1
Sostrmnn wrote:

FreedomFighter4 wrote: I like it as well, hope it gets picked up!
cocodojo wrote: I was going to call it Fluffybutt Mod Manager... but I suppose telling everyone to DL "Fluffybutt" would sound rather odd compared to "Oh, just DL Vortex"

Goto Nexus, DL THE VORTEX, and watch in amazement as it swirls ALL your favorite mods into your favorite game! Its so easy, just hit the flush button and when you hear the flushing or swooshing noise, you know it just got modded in. Go and try out VORTEX... TODAY!

+1