The Sunday Discussion - SmartBlueCat - Author of 'Inigo'

TheTokenGeek

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A wonderful interview, and I'm super exited to hear that Inigo will get a Version 3.0. Hopefully a couple of lines when we're in Solstheim *hint* *hint*. Either way, without Inigo I sincerely doubt I'd be playing Skyrim still (well, currently on a kind of hiatus, because... Life). With respect to Bethesda, it's the modding community that bring Tamriel to life and people like Gary, Hothtrooper, Chesko (absolutely love the immersion brought by cold weather effects) and others truly are godsends for us who can't get enough of adventuring.

In response to post #47524270. #47527055 is also a reply to the same post.

nonox97 wrote: When I play skyrim with Inigo, I feel like I'm playing with my best friend again to one of my favorite game.

I can't play without him or else the game feel so empty.

Thank you very much for this smart blue khajiit, SmartBlueCat.
sr383 wrote: I feel the same way. Got lots of eye-candy followers, but Inigo's indispensable. I've tried Vilja and Sofia a few times, but both of them get on my nerves, and I have to remove them. ;-)

SAME !

I only have Inigo and Ambriel, all the other just annoy me.

Great interview and nice to hear how a mod author outlines and creates a character. Inigo has saved me several times when informing me my health is getting too low. It is good hearing him interacting with other NPCs and hearing their replies. Thanks for the time and effort you have put into the creation of such a worthwhile companion.

In response to post #47548900.

Megalorex wrote: I love Inigo's comments when you summon him in places he wouldn't otherwise be able to get to. I was wondering if similar comments will be added in V3 for when he's summoned in DLC added areas like the soul cairn, or Apocrypha

v3 will "only" conclude his story and have no DLC content but in future updates after v3 DLC comments might be added

In response to post #47514225. #47517850, #47517905, #47529430 are all replies on the same post.

Smartbluecat wrote: Thank you again, Blind Judge. I apologize for waffling on so much... succinctness clearly isn't one of my strengths. :)

It was a real honour to be invited to do this. Cheers. :)
BlindJudge wrote: It was truly a pleasure, thoroughly enjoyed it. Hope to stay in contact and keep up to date with version 3, so drop me a message with any news.
Thank you again for agreeing to do the interview, I'm glad our community has enjoyed it.
Smartbluecat wrote: Will do. Many thanks. :)
Eolhin wrote: I prefer you in verbose mode Gary. ;) More things for the Langley conspiracy theorists to possibly latch onto, and more entertainment for all.

Great interview. :)

just want to say that inigo is my favorite companion in skyrim. he's a great masterpiece of writing imho, so much more 3dimensional then many other followers i tried and yet so unintrusive, not constantly trying to force feed me his story like some other do.

for stealthy characters i found arissa and inigo were the best, (and least annoying) companions. my fondest memories in modded skyrim are related to inigo. and i was really hyped when i saw inigo's creator on the nexus news. can't wait for v3 of inigo, keep up the good work and thank you for enhancing my skyrim experience so much. Edited by muuuuhya

Another word of thanks, Inigo has been a constant companion.

Lets face it, looking at companion mods is a little overwhelming, but most are just waifu variants - the standouts are those that incorporate depth and story, which Inigo has both in spades.