The Sunday Discussion - SmartBlueCat - Author of 'Inigo'

TheTokenGeek

Ive seen it here, but I had to add it, Inigo is the best. Many other mods can add behaviors or scripting or neat effects... But Inigo has it all with flair and TOP NOTCH voice acting.

Other companions are either useless arm candy, ridiculously overpowered, or their voice acting makes me want to kill everything. Please please help people with the voice acting. Other popular companions could use a complete rerecording of every line.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In response to post #47525570.

Kevin843 wrote: Will we be able to install inigo V3.0 on existing saves?

Yes, and players who have spent more time getting to know him will occasionally experience different dialogue and events in the V3 quest, based on how they chose to react during their conversations with Inigo (most of which only begin to unlock once you've discussed forgiveness). Since some player characters have been travelling with him for years and have had many of these interactions already I want to acknowledge their previous choices in Inigo's adventure whenever possible. Edited by Smartbluecat

Great interview! I specifically enjoyed the advice to not worry about talent and just focus on hard work and sticking with it - applicable far beyond modding.

Thanks for taking the time to complete this interview. It's awesome to humanize the people who both put in the hard work on these wonderful mods and the folks conducting the interview and editing/posting it for running this fine community.

Inigo is an incredible companion and he's the first mod of any type of mod I recommend to friends who haven't modded their game before. Thanks SmartBlueCat for all your hard work!

Interesting read, glad I caught it..

I often wonder what mods Bethesda take note of for ideas in future titles and INIGO is one of my main hopes they pick up on.

Like plenty of other players I can't face another play through with him now, and I'm definitely in that ( not a big follower mod ) camp.

So thanks muchly SBC for all your hard work mate..

In response to post #47524270.

nonox97 wrote: When I play skyrim with Inigo, I feel like I'm playing with my best friend again to one of my favorite game.

I can't play without him or else the game feel so empty.

Thank you very much for this smart blue khajiit, SmartBlueCat.

I feel the same way. Got lots of eye-candy followers, but Inigo's indispensable. I've tried Vilja and Sofia a few times, but both of them get on my nerves, and I have to remove them. ;-) Edited by sr383

In response to post #47527035.

Monstaah wrote: Interesting read, glad I caught it..

I often wonder what mods Bethesda take note of for ideas in future titles and INIGO is one of my main hopes they pick up on.

Like plenty of other players I can't face another play through with him now, and I'm definitely in that ( not a big follower mod ) camp.

So thanks muchly SBC for all your hard work mate..

Yeah. I'm pretty sure that Fallout 4's "Thoughts?" was directly inspired by Inigo who introduced the topic "Any thoughts?" back in 2013 in his first release. Of course Inigo has over a thousand 'thoughts' and over 7000 lines in total now, so it still feels way more fleshed out than what Bethesda did, but it still added a certain something to the new set of companions.

I was really hoping they would add a single domestic cat named Inigo in Fallout 4, but if they did I've yet to find it. :)

In response to post #47514225. #47517850, #47517905 are all replies on the same post.

Smartbluecat wrote: Thank you again, Blind Judge. I apologize for waffling on so much... succinctness clearly isn't one of my strengths. :)

It was a real honour to be invited to do this. Cheers. :)
BlindJudge wrote: It was truly a pleasure, thoroughly enjoyed it. Hope to stay in contact and keep up to date with version 3, so drop me a message with any news.
Thank you again for agreeing to do the interview, I'm glad our community has enjoyed it.
Smartbluecat wrote: Will do. Many thanks. :)

I prefer you in verbose mode Gary. ;) More things for the Langley conspiracy theorists to possibly latch onto, and more entertainment for all.

Great interview. :)

Bethesda is just stupid to not hire Smartbluecat, chesko and fadingsignal. Their games could be sooo much better with these guys involved. They are simply geniuses!

Great Interview. So thank you to Smartbluecat and BlindJudge.