⚠ Known Issue: Media on User Profiles ×

Stupid Morrowind nicknames?

someonelse

• 2 weeks later...

I heard some guy on a Let's Play call Caius Cosades Cassus Co-sayds. Someone else called Vivec Vivee, because he thought the C was another E. I tend to call Zainsipilu "Zippity Dooh-Dah"

I say Jiub as "Jyoob" but I might be wrong on that one. I love the Dwemer names best; I always joke that the Dwarves really disappeared because they broke their jaws trying to pronounce those names and starved to death en masse :P

Sometimes I call Hasphat, Asshat Annapolis.

Sotha Sil-- Sofa Mart

Sometimes when male Nords are being annoying (in all the games) I say "Shut up, Skwisgaar!"

Once, I called Huleeya, Julio.

Oh, and Crassass Curious :D

Edited by nyxalinth

• 2 weeks later...

Someone else called Vivec Vivee, because he thought the C was another E.

I always had this problem! :P

The day I scrutinised the last letter and discovered it was a C was like... WHHAHHDSASHIHWOIWNM!

Oh, and Crassass Curious :biggrin:

Lol, that's a good one. :biggrin:

When I was younger, I used to pronounce Caius Cosades's first name as "Kay-ie-yus", then when I came back a bit later I pronounced it "Kayus", then when I came back once more after learning about Ancient Rome in high school, I pronounced it "Kai-yus", which I believe is correct.

I constantly change how I pronounce Balmora though, that town's name can be many different things.

One of the only native Dunmer settlement names I can remember is Urshilaku.

Hlaalu is really the only name is have trouble remembering how it's pronounced. I'm pretty good at a lot of the others, but if I'm confused I don't stress it as it adds to the fantasy effect of the game. I think Morrowind has more unique names which seem like they put more effort into thinking of people, places, roads, towns, etc.

• 5 months later...

'oh dear, what a pity, here is another one of those troublesome cliff racers, I do wish they would go away'.

WHY can I see the Doctor saying this? XD

I have a few pronunciation problems. I always pronounce Hla Oad as "Hiya Owed"...Dagon Fel comes out "Daggone Fell", Sadrith Mora is "Sad-rith More-uh", Balmora is "Ball More-uh" (now doesn't that sound gangsta?)

I had a friend who pronounced Nerevarine as "Neverine".

Caius...that's one I can't wrap my head around. Is it pronounced "Kai-Us" or "Kay-Us"?

• 5 years later...

'oh dear, what a pity, here is another one of those troublesome cliff racers, I do wish they would go away'.

WHY can I see the Doctor saying this? XD

I have a few pronunciation problems. I always pronounce Hla Oad as "Hiya Owed"...Dagon Fel comes out "Daggone Fell", Sadrith Mora is "Sad-rith More-uh", Balmora is "Ball More-uh" (now doesn't that sound gangsta?)

I had a friend who pronounced Nerevarine as "Neverine".

Caius...that's one I can't wrap my head around. Is it pronounced "Kai-Us" or "Kay-Us"?

Which Doctor?

I have always pronounced Caius as Kai-Us. I have never tried to pronounce Nchuleftingth. I might see how the text to speech program on my phone pronounces it.

• 9 months later...
  • 10 months later...

Caius Co-sads. He does skooma to self-medicate his major depression.

Hapstats Antivenom - Sends you to a Dwemer ruin for his missing cube because the bullies there took it and he's got a phobia of Dwemer stuff. (He can handle the cube because and only because he keeps telling himself it's not really Dwemer.)

Balm-oral Watch who you kiss there!

Dagon Fell - Spoilers for TES4 here!

Yer a wizard, Master Ary(on)!

I might come back and add more.

• 4 months later...