• 3/10
    • 4/10
    • 5/10
    • 6/10
    • 7/10
    • 8/10
    • 9/10
    • 10/10

@ Renn, wow, you just reminded me of like 20 awesome parts of that game that I had forgotten. If it wasn't such a pain to load it up in Windows 7, I'd go back and play it right now.

One part I'd disagree with was fast travel... I've never liked having it in TES games. Daggerfall being the exception, as you'd have to be completely nuts to try to travel that on foot (or even on horseback).

Edited by JanusForbeare

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh, that was painful to watch. I just viewed some gameplay of Daggerfall. Uhm, compared to Skyrim, that was hilariously awful. You know, one day years from now, we'll be saying the same about Skyrim, but only because of the new kind of gaming experience that will exist then.

Man.. I was PC gaming when text was all we had. Monochrome text. :biggrin:

Yes, my point exactly.

Btw, I was born in the early 70's so don't assume.

Skyrim started out for me at around 9/10, I docked a point for the UI....its just....yeah.

But now I find Skyrim loosing more points, the amount of bugs I run into has a large hand in that fall. The fact that I can not use textures above 1024x1024 without haveing black textures popping up is pretty bad, I think its all pretty clear this was a hastily tested console port.

Horrible optimization, horrible patching and customer service is droping the game from 9/10 to 7/10.

Game has so much potential then Oblivion (which is apparently better optimized then Skyrim rofl.) but it should have been tested more on the PC before it was released.

I gave it a 7. Completed main story lines, sad a bout how broken it turned out to be. Presentation brilliant, but a bit shallow once you get under the surface. A wasted potential. Hoping that commmunity will raise the score once the ck is out.

I love the game. That said I gave it 6/10. Anyone that gave it 10/10 is absolutely guaranteeing future games will be buggy pieces of shite. Just 10 years ago people would have been outraged with any game this buggy. Really goes to show how years of conditioning has worked to the developers advantage. If it weren't for sites like Nexus and modders this game would be in my trash barrel. In it's vanilla state it's unforgiveable, with the help of modders it's exceptional.

About ten years ago we had Daggerfall, and that thing was way buggier than Skyrim. It was still madly popular. Cite some examples next time you make an argument like that.

Oh, that was painful to watch. I just viewed some gameplay of Daggerfall. Uhm, compared to Skyrim, that was hilariously awful. You know, one day years from now, we'll be saying the same about Skyrim, but only because of the new kind of gaming experience that will exist then.

Man.. I was PC gaming when text was all we had. Monochrome text. :biggrin:

Yes, my point exactly.

Btw, I was born in the early 70's so don't assume.

I would never presume. I'm just not that pretentious. :biggrin:

Skyrim started out for me at around 9/10, I docked a point for the UI....its just....yeah.

But now I find Skyrim loosing more points, the amount of bugs I run into has a large hand in that fall. The fact that I can not use textures above 1024x1024 without haveing black textures popping up is pretty bad, I think its all pretty clear this was a hastily tested console port.

Horrible optimization, horrible patching and customer service is droping the game from 9/10 to 7/10.

Game has so much potential then Oblivion (which is apparently better optimized then Skyrim rofl.) but it should have been tested more on the PC before it was released.

Wait, you're blaming Beth for mods that bug your game? There were other mods for fixing the memory issue with mods. And doesn't the latest version now support higher textures now anyway?

Wait, you're blaming Beth for mods that bug your game? There were other mods for fixing the memory issue with mods. And doesn't the latest version now support higher textures now anyway?

Or blaming Beth for not including the HD textures with the PC version of the game(and then optimizing it for 4G) even though PCs aren't constrained by the RAM of a 360 or PS3.

7/10

If this was the first game in the series I might have been floored by the game despite the bugs and delay on the C-kit. However, from previous titles we know what Elder Scrolls can be and what Bethesda is capable of. Skyrim, while a very good game, lacks the immersion and ambiance of past titles. The core mechanics are rock solid, the visuals are fairly good, the animations are better than ever, and it doesn't lack for stuff to do. So it isn't a technical aspect that is missing, but that little extra something that makes the game feel less like a game and more like I have been sucked into another world. I think that something that is what I call, 'Fluff Content'. Those extra characters, buildings, and areas that serve no purpose other than to make the game world feel more lively. With Skyrim we get a high performance engine and shiny coat of paint on a car that lacks character. The game world feels depopulated, the cities feel small, the atmospheric lighting and sense of dread is missing, the factions feel tacked on, magic is impressive visually but lacks the creativity aspect, the story is full of more holes than a sieve (Bethesda couldn't write their way out of a paper bag), and at the end of the day it feels very much like I am playing a game. A good game overall but not what I expected from the Elder Scrolls franchise. It has hints of greatness but feels very much like Bethesda ran out of time before injecting that character into the world. I would have rather waited another 8 months and got another Morrowind than an Elder Scrolls inspired action game/ tech demo.

I completely agree with this, you sum up my thoughts very nicely here.

In short "Good, but needs more Fluff!"

I also rate Skyrim 7/10

I gave it a 7 mostly because even though they did give us a broken game they at least left us the ability to mod it so almost all of the bugs we can fix ourselves and we can always add new content to make the game "ours". It has a lot of potential, maybe not all of it was realized but they gave us one hell of a basis to build everything off of. I honestly think there's more moddable content in Skyrim than in FO:NV or even Oblivion.