Companions won't follow into interior cells

JamesAutumn

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

World editing mod ones that add new interiors, Worlds or places to explore could break the navemesh and followers entering buildings. One of the early Beth updates changed something and my mod Beantown Interiors needed an update because followers would no longer enter my interiors. (this didn't affect vanilla interiors just ones I added)

It was a simple but annoying patch where I just had to go and update all of my navemesh.

but, I would look at any mods you have that do add new locations check to see if they have been updated.

I'm only making a guess here though and it is a possibility that it's just an out of date mod.

well i finally had some time to sit down and do some work on fallout 4 and well... i met dogmeat and since i actually have your mod installed i justed used the abanded home at the start of concord.... and he appears to fear your house aka its still happening..... could it have anything to do with another bethesda screw over... i mean update?

@chucksteel , I adore your mods by the by i show them off on my streams! Anywho. It seems starting a new game and disabling the minutemen one at a time mod helped out. I had a issue of them not following after i uninstalled but i loaded the previous save again and recruited preston. I now have Preston, piper, Dogmeat, AND Curie following me no problem. I kinda hate when they are in cramped space with me tho...

I have encountered this bug as well. Was using Everyone's Best Friend, Unlimited companion ammo and More Smarter Companions. The last one on that short list conflicted horribly with the Best Friend Mod. Made Danse attack me at the Cambridge police station. Ended up with the "Check your fire" bug after but was able to advance with console commands, however in Arcjet he entered and immediately let the building. No companion has followed me through a loading cell since. Previous saves are now bugged as well though they used to work, even after removing all companion based mods. The problem started for me about a month ago. I have gone through everything but can't figure this one out. It is definitely mod related. Removing all mods and starting a fresh game works, but yeah, what's the point. Sadly this is downright game breaking to me. I may be done as I just don't feel like spending more time on this. Will check back once in a while to see if there is any progress though. Maybe someone will figure this out.

so what mods did you end up taking out? i'd like to know so i can figure out whats going on in my game :sad:

My issue so far has seemed to stem from the mod One Minuteman Radiant Quest At A Time. That mod screwed up the companions dialog and made all of them stop mid conversation which seems to have caused it to glitch and not make them followers really is what i'm guessing.

I'm still testing this run to see if that is it so please don't take this as a solution.

As a side note to my previous statement, I did notice if you waited via chair or bed after the loading cell the companion would turn show up, but then they would get stuck inside and you would have to do it again when you left. Console summoning functioned but who wants to do that every time.

Have the same problem as well...does anyone else have a problem with vault 81!? For some odd reason my problems always start there. I cant fast travel after going there, my game ctd.....i cant wait or ctd or if it does let me wait it goes super slow. And the kids are never at the class room....hope someone figures it cause its nerve wrecking.

Have the same problem as well...does anyone else have a problem with vault 81!? For some odd reason my problems always start there. I cant fast travel after going there, my game ctd.....i cant wait or ctd or if it does let me wait it goes super slow. And the kids are never at the class room....hope someone figures it cause its nerve wrecking.

That doesn't seem to sound very similar to the original topic, I feel.

Maybe start a separate thread with a few more details included?