We stopped SOPA, but ACTA is much worse

jwistoft

Fonger, ACTA is just as real as SOPA and PIPA. It's even worse because it extend internationally to countries like Japan and Germany, as well as most EU countries.

Hopefully, enough people in the signatory countries don't want it and prove to their governments that it's a stupid bill like PIPA and SOPA.

"Yes. This is tech support. Your government is doing what? Have you tried turning it off and back on again?"

Fonger, ACTA is just as real as . . .

and I stand by my original post

joining any forum just to post this kind of information

has a smell to it

joined 6 years ago and no posts until today

there was a ban thread along those lines just today

Edited by Fonger

I'm starting to believe that the only way bills like this will end is if the internet finds a way of regulating itself, instead of waiting for governments to step in. Honestly, if more sites took stances similar to nexus piracy wouldn't be a problem. As long as it is up to governments, they are going to keep making laws that over-step or are too wide open (how many of your legislators do you thank actually understand how the internet works?).

The internet is going to have to have some regulation eventually, and personally I want that done by those who understand how it works and how its supposed to be, rather than people in office that only know what they are told by industries that give them "campaign donations".

Fonger, ACTA is just as real as . . .

and I stand by my original post

joining any forum just to post this kind of information

has a smell to it

joined 6 years ago and no posts until today

there was a ban thread along those lines just today

So? My first topic was how probable it would be if nuclear war would devastate America in the next 10 years. Was one of my favorite topics to discuss (thank you Fallout 3), but that's beside the point :P

I don't think it's spam. It seems real to me.

Edited by Keanumoreira