Star Wars Samurai Imperial overhaul

VincentIcarus

Okay, so earlier today, I was just derping around on the intrawebs and I saw something really f'n cool. It was a series of concept images of if Star Wars had taken place during Medieval Japan and that got me thinking. What if the Imperials in Skyrim followed a Japanese Samurai theme. I would really love to see if someone could create some fully functional Samurai style armor as a replacer for the "been done already 1,000 times" Roman Legion look. I get that the Roman Legion was at one point in history the greatest military fighting force in the world but I still favor Samurai lore over the Roman Legion any day and I'm sure there are many others here who feel the same way. I mean, let's face Katanas are cooler than Longswords anyway. Basically, this is just a basic idea that I'm throwing out there. If someone wants to do it then by all means, go for it. If not, well at least I shared some cool pics with you guys.

http://i875.photobucket.com/albums/ab318/Vyticoz/Concepts.jpg

Here's the link where I found the pictures: Images

And here's the link to the original blog: Blog

@ASCLKA: That would be pretty cool too but I don't think the streamlined Japanese design really fits the profile of Daedra. They seem too demented and chaotic. By nature, a chaotic race of beings probably wouldn't develop nice, angled, streamlined armor. I think they pretty much nailed the Daedric appearance with the Daedric Armor in Skyrim. Oblivion was close but thought it was still a little too organized. I know in Morrowind it was very nice looking but I didn't get the feeling that I was being attacked by, what is essentially, a group of demons. It felt like I was being attacked by a bunch of evil knights. In Skyrim, I'm like "HOLY *****!!! DEMONS ARE COMING TO EAT MY SOUL!!!!!"

No, not Daedric. As has been mentioned, I don't think it fits.

It either has to be a replacer for the Imperial side (To REALLY showcase how screwed the Stormcloaks are) or a totally standalone piece.

Its too "in your face" to be Dark Brotherhood. Too rich looking to be Thieves Guild.

Mage guild isn't even in the running, I don't think. :P

Maybe the Blades, since it kinda fits the Samurai look. (Don't really like them though, and I want to gut Delphine every time she tries to order me to kill my bro Paarthunax.)

Edited by granreycero

Well, the reason I said the Empire is because they have different types of soldiers for different types of missions which would require different types of armor/gear. Whereas the Blades only have one role. Be annoying. j/k But that could actually work if someone wanted to do a Blades overhaul mod where you can actually recruit members and actually establish your own faction and buy/take property for yourself and build up strongholds. You could even do something really crazy, like, overthrow the Imperials, the Thalmor AND the Stormcloaks so that the Blades faction is the ruling body in Skyrim now and the Dragonborn is pretty much Emperor or King or Thane or Jarl or whatever you want to call yourself. Who cares? You rule an entire country!

• 2 months later...

No, not Daedric. As has been mentioned, I don't think it fits.

It either has to be a replacer for the Imperial side (To REALLY showcase how screwed the Stormcloaks are) or a totally standalone piece.

Its too "in your face" to be Dark Brotherhood. Too rich looking to be Thieves Guild.

Mage guild isn't even in the running, I don't think. :P

Maybe the Blades, since it kinda fits the Samurai look. (Don't really like them though, and I want to gut Delphine every time she tries to order me to kill my bro Paarthunax.)

Totally agree with you about the blades (especially the gutting part >D)